Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

Re: Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion & Posting - Part 1

Thanks Wojo for the promo. It is all stuff we have seen before, but in a different style as Alyssa wrote, which makes it all the better.

They did the promo very well, leaving them a lot of options to explore on how Sara could get rescued unlike the season six finale with Brass.

How do you guys think the team will react when they find Sara? I actually think Grissom will be the most emotional one with Catherine coming in second. I think all the guys will be sighing, "Thank God," with relief that she is okay.

2. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

I liked all the promos I watched. Gosh, so do you think Grissom will grow back his beard if GSR ends?
    I'm hoping, I think without the beard he's aged.

Anyways, I liked the promo. It was good. I can't wait til Sept. 27th!

3. Grizzom

Grizzom Witness

Thanks for the promo link, Wojo, and thanks to Alyssa for answering my question when I watched it as to whether anything in it was new material at all. I thought maybe the "My God" was, but apparently not.

It finally feels like something is moving. I wonder if CBS is now going to rerun all the key Miniature Killer episodes as a leadup to the premiere. I notice that we haven't seen any recently.

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Thank's Wojo isn't this a re-cap of "LIVING DOLL"? but still fun to watch! and if I had bitter/angry feelings about the up coming S/8.. there's always that old remote :rolleyes: I love that the writers always are evolving and changing, and adding different scenerios to CSI! and I love Grissom without the beard, it 'shaves' [pun intended] years off his look's he has a sweet baby face ;) whatever they choose to dish, I will be happy and satisfied, as long as Sara is OK ;)

5. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I agree, that would make for a shocking/supensful surprise and it certainly would be diffrent. PLus it would make for a really wild ride!

And Grizzom ,I think CBS should run some MCS episodes that lead up to the premier, it would make sense.

6. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

I was tossing that idea around in my head too, and had mentioned it way back on page 9, that the possibilities were more in favor for EVERY one if the writers and producers approached the situation in that way. It would make a lot more sense that way.

I thought for a while, it was only me thinking along these lines! :)

7. vexus

vexus Pathologist

Thank you for the link! I liked what they did last year with John Mayer.

At least it's getting to the point where they can start to talk about the premiere.

8. MegBreanne

MegBreanne Police Officer

Thanks for the promo of the next season. True, it was a promo contructed with old clips, but it was still nice to have something new to watch - something official.

As far as Sept. 27th being far away -- I agree. But summer has flown by so fast, so it won't be much longer now. A little over a month, peeps! We can do it! :)

I noticed a bit of a debate a while back about how quickly Sara, assuming she's alive and the spoilers aren't foilers, comes back to work . . . and since I only skimmed the spoilers/speculation, maybe I missed someone else saying this (and if I have, I apologize the repeat), but there might be a time lapse between the shows. Like episode one is a tag from the finale so it's happening in the spring. And the second episode might be another continuation of her recovery, or it (or even episode three) could just jump ahead three/four months, possibly explaining why she didn't have a leave of absence 'on air' . . .

9. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Destiny, I don't know where to put this one is. If you think it belong to somewhere else or whatever it was belong to. This is relative to CSI.

Jessica Lucas is joining to the cast on CSI recurring rule and she is not replacing Jorja Fox's role.

10. csi007

csi007 Police Officer

I'm so torn. I'm a pessimist so I keep thinking they're going to kill off one of my favourite characters (Sara) but if I step back and look at things more objectively I don't think it's going to happen.

I think the whole thing is a big ploy to keep us on the edge of our seats, and to bring in viewers. I'm not sure about CSI's time slot this season but wasn't there a lot of hooey about it being up against Grey's Anatomy at the start of season 7? What better way to ensure an audience than to threaten (albeit loosely, as I think most of the "OMG Sara is dead" stuff has come from fans online) to kill of a major cast member?

I'm praying Sara is ok. I'm praying she doesn't leave for any reason. Here's hoping....

BTW, the CBS promo is on YouTube now too:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgbFdizFOsY

11. ericloca

ericloca Lab Technician

I am A Sara fan and I really do not want to see her getting killed . I think that the writers can do much more with this character she's very complex . So I'm an optimist (like always) and I just know Sara'll survive and she'll be back , change from the ordeal but still we'll have her back . You'll see ...

12. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Hollywood reporter article about the new signing.

Yeah, this is the Vivian Lee role, although they name her in the article as 'Veronica Lake', which is also the name of a famous actress, so I guess they've changed the character's name since the original spoilers...

eta: CSI Files news article about the signing

13. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Well, Catherine was still a supervisor in seasons 6 and 7. :) It was confirmed by David Rambo in his reply to a fan mail and we saw Catherine's nameplate that said she was a supervisor in Secrets and Flies. As for the "perverse game" line, I've always thought it was some kind of a joke between Catherine and Grissom. She has always been the only one who gets to talk to him in that way. I think Catherine loved/hated being the Swing Shift supervisor in season 5. Loved it because she was finally standing on her own after being Grissom's second in command for years, hated it because the working hours really sucked. She actually complained about Ecklie not giving her Day shift in a joking way in Who Shot Sherlock. In my opinion, if the team has to be split, then Catherine should take Graveyard and Grissom should take Swing. That way Catherine gets to stay where she was and Grissom pays for the mistake he had made.

14. Vanessa

Vanessa Dead on Arrival

Well, if the "perverse game" was a joke, where's the smile? Where's the teasing voice? Grissom joked. Catherine? Not so much. She did not enjoy not being swing shift's supervisor and she showed it. Lets not forget that Catherine looked pretty happy with her new role in season 5 and besides some tiny problems, she was doing a good job. When she told Ecklie he should have given her day shift, it was because that was the shift she applied to and there's no doubt that day shift has better hours.
    We don't really know if Catherine really is going back to swing shift, it's just speculation based on spoilers, but if it is true, I don't think Catherine will have a problem for too long. As I said, she may not like the circumstances, but she will like being the boss. I know Catherine is supervisor too, but the truth is that Grissom is still her superior. I mean, he still does her evaluations and whatever decision she wants to make has to go through him. That's why she's co-supervisor.
    If she goes to swing shift she can make whatever decision she wants and it just has to go through Ecklie. And this time, if she wants to fire Sara (which I don't think will ever happen) she won't have to wait for Grissom's decision. Sara is now on Catherine's team, not Grissom's. That was the biggest mistake Catherine did in season 5. She expected Grissom to take action about Sara's behavior, when she knew Grissom doesn't like it when people try to tell him how to run his team. And she doesn't like it either.
    The truth is, making Catherine swing shift's supervisor, working with an all female team sounds very interesting. I would love to see a little friendly competition between the teams. Things change, people don't stay in the same place forever and at least they'll still be in the same building and their hours are not all that different. In season 5 they still saw each other and they still worked together on some cases.
    The only thing that I don't understand is how Catherine will cope with having a team of only two people (three with her). True, in season 5 they were three too, but this time there's a CSI 3 (Sara) and a newbie (Vivian, or Veronica, or whatever). It's gonna be hard, but it's not going to be impossible.
    That is, if there really is a shift change. We don't know for sure.

15. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

I think you can tell in 6x01 that the whole "What kind of perverse game are you playing" thing is said in sort of a sarcastic way. I agree with Erica when she said they're just joking around.

I really don't like the sound of having two seperate teams again... and then having them split up by gender... The guys and the girls have such great chemistry together! I'm hoping since they're taking that away, CSI won't suffer too much...

Again, we can only wait and see what Season Eight brings us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.