Poll: Do you want Sara to live or die? NO SPOILERS

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Adzix, Aug 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csi_love

csi_love Police Officer

^ I understand you there. It's annoying that the last three season finales have been the same 'character in danger' plot and they always live. Killing Sara would at least be something different for the show.

2. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

To me there is only one correct answer to this question and thats LIVE!
    I want Sara to live for various reasons. First of all she is my fav. CSI so I don't wanna lose her. Second I am very curious how she is going to cope with this traumatic event.

3. Chadini

Chadini Witness

I think that whether or not you like Sara (which I do by the way), you would want to her to live. The alternative would be an angst filled season. Ugh. Grissom would be all sullen and reserved and sad. Everyone would go through the season looking at evidence that Sara collected, having to fill in for her cases in court, etc. It would be a serious buzz kill season without her.

4. Jorja_Rain

Jorja_Rain Lab Technician

^the alternative for me would be no season as I wouldn't watch it :p. So angst or no angst is really not a factor in my decision ;).

5. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

I voted live. Only because then the show would have to go through losing her character and blah blah Grissom being depressed and the team being like omfg what just happened... yeah. :p

But then again, if she died, it would be the end of GSR, and well, I just don't find her character interesting anymore. It seems like she's just half of GSR and that's it.

We'll just have to wait and see how it works out.

6. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

Same here! I wouldn't watch if Sara dies

7. Maryse

Maryse Lab Technician

i dont think i would stop watching if she died. Characters dying is an evolution to the show. It happens on every show and yes, at times it makes me angry but i still watch.

8. lucyj0720

lucyj0720 Hit and Run

http://wiki.jorjafox.net/wiki/US_Today_%2802_February_2005%29

Jorja actually refused the pay rise offered to her in 2004 to ensure that George Eades returned. So Jorja had never had a pay rise which under the rules she is fully entitled to apply for.
    Bad lazy reporting accuses Jorja of being greedy, I do not believe for one second she was asking for anything more than she is entitled too.And as you can see she had WP's support in 2004.

As for Sara, her character has developed,she had to grow up a bit. Sara arrived as enthusiastic, eager to prove herself to Grissom and a little arrogant in her approach to him. I often think they had a previous relationship, Sara seemed be waiting for Grissom to start something and when it didn't happen she took the initiative.
    When it didn't happen, she was heartbroken and regressed a little into an adolescent, trying to get his attention. Sara becomes depressed, withdraws from Grissom, gets a DUI forcing him to reach out to her. I never saw her feelings as simply a crush because she started out so confident around him and did things that you only do with someone that you have been intimate with. Such as talking about the mile high club.
    I think that the team split was the turning point because Sara showed total loyalty to Grissom, they repaired their friendship and my feeling is they got together after at the end of season five, moving in that direction after "Commitment."

I like the mature and happier Sara, she is how a woman in her late 30's should be. She is still passionate and feisty, look at "Empty Eyes".
    I am for GSR because it makes a great side story, I don't blame it for the lack of Sara in Season 7 because I liked the quirkier episodes, they made.I loved Toe Tags and Lab Rats. They had the brilliant miniture killer storyline and Greg Sanders getting beaten up, those are what kept me watching. GSR were just a small part of season 7, until the last two episodes. We just had glimpses of their life as a couple. And we saw Grissom looking happier and more content but never losing his obsessiveness about his work. I liked to see sexual sparks between them. Sara has always been very Grissom like, he has been the biggest influence, she is the only one that dosen't see him as weird and she doesn't judge him.
    Ships are not something I generally care about unless I care about the characters and I can see it develop as an uncurrent. I like to see something of a sex life for tv characters in these shows, that does not offend me. The only other ship I cared about was Mulder and Scully, because the sexual chemistry was there.
    I think that given that Billy needed a break, the writers gave all the main characters a little less work. They have been working flat out for seven years, nobody had left, the cast remained loyal and if having a little less of Sara means that she or the others don't need a break in season 8 from burn out, then fine. It made the season creative and interesting to me. Greg got a great storyline and Catherine was central as always.

Of course I don't want Sara to die, I don't want Jorja to suffer the injustice of being fired for asking for the pay rise that she is entitled to ask for, when she turned one down in 2004, for her collaegue.
    I don't want Sara to die because I want to see GSR portrayed as an age gape relationship that is in the background and successful and positive. As someone that has been there, I get sick of the negativity and judgemental reaction about Sara having a relationship with an older man, as though it is sordid.
    I want to see CSI return as a gripping, quirky, gory tv show with good drama, great cases, interesting social comments and character development just as before. GSR is likely to become central to the first episode or two but hopefully fade into the background and we will see odd glimpses once more. Grissom would be very upset is Sara dies but he would also be terribly withdrawn is he and Sara break up because he has lied his heart on the line for her and losing her either way would be set Grissom's character back to dettached and withdrawn from life. And Sara would become angry and heartbroken again. Little to be gained in breaking them up, it would less soapy for them get back to work with GSR in the background. I like the idea of Sara working with Catherine more.

9. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

LIVE! I love what they have done with the GSR over the past 7 years. It has developed into a very deep and solid relationship; nothing about it is superficial. To me the only realistic end is marriage. After all they have been through it would be completely out of character for them to break up. People change over time. Let them be happy.

10. lucyj0720

lucyj0720 Hit and Run

Agreed, who else but Sara would be able to live with Grissom's funny quirks.
    Most women don't find bugs and emotional detachment that attractive. Most women would not cope so well with a man that leaves and struggles to express himself and to have to read about it in a letter, that was never posted.
    Most woman would demand that he abandon his work obsessive ways but Sara would never do that, Grissom would never find someone that really accepts him like Sara does or someone that would wait for him to decide the wants her.
    And Sara would be tough to partner with anyone else because she trusts Grissom like nobody else and her feelings would always be for him, the others would always know they were second best.
    I am not keen to the marriage and children idea, too normal and ordinary for these too great characters.
    I just want them to be together as a fact of the show, as a background story. And I want to see Jorja and Billy be given the chance to bring out their best work in the episodes that are to come.

11. Herzeleid

Herzeleid Rookie

LIVE! I voted live. Why? Not only because of the GSR, but because Sara is probably my favorite character and I've watched her grow over the past 7 years. I wouldn't want any of them to die! Keppler finally started to grown on me and they killed him off, I would not want to see Sara put to that fate.

Go Team SO!!

12. only_true_love

only_true_love Lab Technician

LIVE, of course!!!!!

13. PintSizeGenius

PintSizeGenius Lab Technician

Live, of course, she's my favourite character, i can relate to her so much. Also, she's too big a part of the show to lose her, CSI wouldn't be the same without her. As much as I would like to put an end to GSR, I don't think Sara dying is the solution. But, whatever happens, I won't stop watching the show, I couldn't do that... I'd die! :lol:

PSG xxx

14. fay1836

fay1836 Civilian

LIVE of course
    If sara dies,Grissom will be sad for ever.
    And now the team is perfect!
    I hope nobady leaves.

15. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

the results so far seem to be around 70:30 in favor of her to live. it's kinda surprising actually. i thought there would be less people who would vote for her to die. but on the other hand, TPTB made a couple of risks with her character over the years, and it would be impossible if everybody agreed to all of them.

so yeah, i'd say the ratio 7:3 would be pretty accurate among the biggest CSI fans, but unfortunately information-wise the whole poll is pretty worthless. as every other poll on the internet after all. it doesn't say anything about those 30 mln who watch every week, cuz most of them aren't as insane about the whole deal as we are, and thus, less opinionated. and lastly, we choose to vote ourselves and we're not chosen randomly.

but it certainly proves a tendency - that most people don't want her to die.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.