Grissom & Sara #29: The Only Person He Ever Loved

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by eggbe4thechicken, Jun 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rona

Rona Victim

I've been having weird CSI dreams as well, which is really unusual for me.

2. AlwaysGSR12

AlwaysGSR12 Hit and Run

I had a dream I was Sara and Grissom's daughter and I was spoiled to high heaven and Catherine came over drunk complaining about some guy. Ironically, it was after talking on here about my distaste for Catherine's behavior :lol: I woke up laughing.

PS-If anyone gets a friends request on You Tube from Ihateohio411, thats me.

3. seattlegsrfan

seattlegsrfan Police Officer

I think its the worry about what will happen to Sara. TPTB are driving us all over the edge. And they're probably laughing at us. I try to stay possitive, I mean how could they possibly kill Sara & have us believe that Grissom could still function. So they can't kill her.

4. butterflylove206

butterflylove206 Prime Suspect

I had a dream Natalie was after me after LD aired which was especially weird for me because even with all the crime shows I watch and books I read Ive never had bad dreams from them except then. I have however dreamed of Grissom and Sara many many times :)

Last night I ended up crying once again because I got into one of my "OMG Saras going to die" moods but then I watched the bedroom scene and then the shaving scene again and got all happy and squee-y again and re-convinced myself they cant do that to us.

I really miss CSI and TV in general actually. I need to go over to my friend's house: she has Spike

ok I just said a whole lot of nothing so Im going to try to reedeem this post. Why does everyone think its so out of the question that Sara's mom or brother would get notified as next of kin? Or that Grissom would track them down while Sara was in the hospital? Is this another one of those times where I just missed some random cannon thing that makes all the difference?

5. Rona

Rona Victim

We just have to try and think positive happy thoughts.

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Yes, indeed, and I had a dream about ELVIS last night after seeing him all over the TV.. so anyway yes, positive thoughts, about GSR[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. bengali13

bengali13 Rookie

As most of you know, I live in EST, so it is now 1140pm. That means that in LESS THAN six weeks, we will have already seen the premiere, we will know that Sara is going to live (though she may be in the hospital or something like that) and we will have made it through all the rumor mill BS that they try to drive us insane with.

Yes, they said they would BREATH, so I suggest we all do the same thing. Take a deep breath, let it out slowly, picture Gil and Sara kissing as they hold their new baby...

Now everyone feel a little calmer? Good, some of us were starting to lose it there. Not all, but some.

For those of you watching the countdown, it is about to be the 16th of August, so I am going to count from 12 min from now OK? That would make 42 days left. That's all, we can ignore all the hype of will she or won't she, until then. Because we KNOW that she will live. Yes, that's a positive thought from me to you. Sent with a smile and a whistle (I can do in and out, too!!)
    Go team SO!!!!

8. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

hey Rona :) i don't wanna sound moddy but for future reference, when you find such information about something that hasn't aired yet, could you please put it into a spoiler box? a lot of people here would like to stay spoiler-free and not know anything about the premiere or any other upcoming eps. thanks.

though i think JL would never reveal the plot of S8 in such way. at the moment TPTB care a LOT to not let anything leak out. wasn't it some old interview? wasn't he talking about S7? cuz it would fit. they've let GSR breathe this season, as Jorja said in one of her interviews.

9. lucyj0720

lucyj0720 Hit and Run

This is my response to the poll about Sara, which has many anti-Sara, anti- Jorja and anti-shippers posting comments.

Re: Poll: Do you want Sara to live or die? NO SPOILERS [Re: Maryse]
    #1254268 - Fri Aug 17 2007 05:54 PM
    Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quick Reply Quick Reply

http://wiki.jorjafox.net/wiki/US_Today_%2802_February_2005%29

Jorja actually refused the pay rise offered to her in 2004 to ensure that George Eades returned. So Jorja had never had a pay rise which under the rules she is fully entitled to apply for.
    Bad lazy reporting accuses Jorja of being greedy, I do not believe for one second she was asking for anything more than she is entitled too.And as you can see she had WP's support in 2004.

As for Sara, her character has developed,she had to grow up a bit. Sara arrived as enthusiastic, eager to prove herself to Grissom and a little arrogant in her approach to him. I often think they had a previous relationship, Sara seemed be waiting for Grissom to start something and when it didn't happen she took the initiative.
    When it didn't happen, she was heartbroken and regressed a little into an adolescent, trying to get his attention. Sara becomes depressed, withdraws from Grissom, gets a DUI forcing him to reach out to her. I never saw her feelings as simply a crush because she started out so confident around him and did things that you only do with someone that you have been intimate with. Such as talking about the mile high club.
    I think that the team split was the turning point because Sara showed total loyalty to Grissom, they repaired their friendship and my feeling is they got together after at the end of season five, moving in that direction after "Commitment."

I like the mature and happier Sara, she is how a woman in her late 30's should be. She is still passionate and feisty, look at "Empty Eyes".
    I am for GSR because it makes a great side story, I don't blame it for the lack of Sara in Season 7 because I liked the quirkier episodes, they made.I loved Toe Tags and Lab Rats. They had the brilliant miniture killer storyline and Greg Sanders getting beaten up, those are what kept me watching. GSR were just a small part of season 7, until the last two episodes. We just had glimpses of their life as a couple. And we saw Grissom looking happier and more content but never losing his obsessiveness about his work. I liked to see sexual sparks between them. Sara has always been very Grissom like, he has been the biggest influence, she is the only one that dosen't see him as weird and she doesn't judge him.
    Ships are not something I generally care about unless I care about the characters and I can see it develop as an uncurrent. I like to see something of a sex life for tv characters in these shows, that does not offend me. The only other ship I cared about was Mulder and Scully, because the sexual chemistry was there.
    I think that given that Billy needed a break, the writers gave all the main characters a little less work. They have been working flat out for seven years, nobody had left, the cast remained loyal and if having a little less of Sara means that she or the others don't need a break in season 8 from burn out, then fine. It made the season creative and interesting to me. Greg got a great storyline and Catherine was central as always.

Of course I don't want Sara to die, I don't want Jorja to suffer the injustice of being fired for asking for the pay rise that she is entitled to ask for, when she turned one down in 2004, for her collaegue.
    I don't want Sara to die because I want to see GSR portrayed as an age gape relationship that is in the background and successful and positive. As someone that has been there, I get sick of the negativity and judgemental reaction about Sara having a relationship with an older man, as though it is sordid.
    I want to see CSI return as a gripping, quirky, gory tv show with good drama, great cases, interesting social comments and character development just as before. GSR is likely to become central to the first episode or two but hopefully fade into the background and we will see odd glimpses once more. Grissom would be very upset is Sara dies but he would also be terribly withdrawn is he and Sara break up because he has lied his heart on the line for her and losing her either way would be set Grissom's character back to dettached and withdrawn from life. And Sara would become angry and heartbroken again. Little to be gained in breaking them up, it would less soapy for them get back to work with GSR in the background. I like the idea of Sara working with Catherine more.

10. lucyj0720

lucyj0720 Hit and Run

I think that season five, Grissom saw who has true friends were, it illuminated the fact the Catherine would put her ambition ahead of the team. She got pissed off with Sofia too putting her seniority ahead of the job and blaming Grissom.
    She is the one that is most threatened by other women in the job. Sara was right because Catherine knows how to use her sexuality to get men to work for her. She is well groomed, has designer clothes and knows she is hot. But she can't get to Grissom, they are friends but Sara is the special one, the one with casual clothes and geekiness.
    The team break up was something the Grissom took hard and Catherine saw as an career break, Sara stuck by him, defended him and Catherine was sucking up to slimy Ecklie,who had been made Grissom's life difficult but Sara showed her contempt to his face.
    I think that Grissom was disgusted with Catherine for putting Sara in a position were she was in danger of being fired. It was backstabbing, office politics. She was hustling for Grissom's job because taking Sara away from Grissom would have been the biggest body blow to him and destroy his authority in the CSI. Remember he supported her after she blew up the lab, he always defends his staff and protects them.
    He also bonded with Sofia after that, who had also come a cropper too Ecklie. I liked how after a brief moment of doubt, Sara and Sophia become friends.
    I think that Nesting Dolls was important because he went to her as her friend not her boss. When she points at him and says " I chose men that are emotionally unavalible" it confirms to me that they had a past, it implies some kind of relationship. It is not something you say to someone you have a crush one or dream of being with.
    I think in Commitment, Grissom was faced with his worst fears about a relationship with Sara, seeing her with a knife to her throat, that was the fear that drove him away in Butterflied, losing Sara.
    Sara had become more open after "Nesting Dolls", there is nobody but Grissom that she would have told about her past.
    They developed an understanding.

He and Catherine lost a lot of trust in each other. Catherine's spell in authority has given her a taste for it and when Grissom leaves she asserts it once again, ambition burning.
    It the episode with Lady Heather, Catherine makes many assumptions about Griss which tells me she doesn't really know him.
    Many GSR fans were down on Grissom for saying with Lady Heather but I liked him for it. The controversy came from Catherine's assumptions and rumours that Sara heard about what happened. It was the rumours that hurt Sara, she knew he did not cheat on her. He had just not communicated, Grissom is terrible at communication.
    Catherine had a go at Grissom but she was wrong about him have no life and about him and Lady Heather.
    Catherine puts Grissom down, she smirks at his life, his passions and makes demeaning comments about Grissom's sex life.

The person that is not going to be suprised about Grissom and Sara is Warwick. I think he always understood something was between them.

WARRICK: You just don't like other women in his life. To Sara in Sound Of Silence... Grissom is friendly with Jane Gilbert the deaf headmistress.

11. Herzeleid

Herzeleid Rookie

choc I think we should all forfeit our votes and just go with that as our #30 thread title!! :)

There's this new shop going in next to my grocery store and they just put up the sign today. You guessed it. Butterflies!!! I was just driving by so I didn't have time to see what they were all about. When they open I'll have to stop by there on my lunch and check it out. Offer my GSR lovin' butterfly support. Hehehe! I want coocoo!!!! Ok I'm leavin' before I scare you guys again.

GSR rocks my cinnabar!!

Go Team SO!!

12. csi_love

csi_love Police Officer

I think I agree. Or if not we all should vote for that one this time...I could do with the humour :)

13. babylon5girl

babylon5girl Hit and Run

:DI vote for that title as well! :D

14. csi_love

csi_love Police Officer

I wonder if we'll manage thread #30 before S8 starts in the US.

I have every faith in us wonderful GSR-ers :D

15. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

WOW, thank's lucy awesome read, that's so cool, and interesting, I know that Billy & Jorja are friends in real life, and I knew she wasn't a money gruber, so that's great to read ;)[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.