Poll: Do you want Sara to live or die? NO SPOILERS

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Adzix, Aug 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csiemily

csiemily CSI Level One

i said live. i love her character and Sara brings a certain... unique touch to the show. I don't think her family story line is done, just like when Brass was shot. Ellie wasn't resolved, he couldn't die!

i have to say, i'm not a GSR fan AT ALL!!! but i don't think Sara dieing off would be the answer. I acutally think that would be the worse way to end GSR. Them breaking up would be best. If Sara does die, the lab won't be the same. if you guys are saying you want the show back to normal, that's not the way to go either. it's doing to be completely different! every case is going to become personal, the team could break down in tears, there's just gonna be those ackward times when everyone's just thinking of Sara and gettting mad at themselves thinking: 'i was too late. she could of been alive today if i worked faster'. i, personally think, that if you want to old Sara back, you MAKE her live, break her up with Grissom and put her on a case with a missing girl. She'd make it personal. Nick would get in there too; he's been kiddnapped.

so, yeah, that's what i think. and as George Eads said: "There's only one Jorja Fox." :D

2. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

Save room for me in the 'torn' category.

To put it as simply as I can: I really like Jorja Fox, always have. The character of Sara, however, I have a tumultuous relationship with. I came to like her in the first two seasons. She fell out of my favour in the third, got back on track in the fourth (bar the finale). Lost me again in season 5, reeled me back in the majority of the sixth, only to let in unravel in the seventh.

My main problem with Sara is the way the character is handled. At times, I've found her very annoying and her actions frustrating. This isn't the fault of the actress, it's the writers. I feel Sara's been constantly misused. Is it just me who feels like the character has gone nowhere in the last seven years? Every time she's shown change, the writers have subsiquently penned something that totally undermines it.

My shipping preferences have nothing to do with my feelings on that. Granted, I'm no GSR fan, but my problems with the character aren't because I'm pissy that my ship isn't canon or anything of the sort. I may not like it, but I can live with it. After all, when they've obviously been building it since the first season, you'd be a fool not to see it coming. But GSR does hinder my enjoyment of Sara. In fact, I personally believe that the relationship as it has been portrayed since the beginning is totally detrimental to the character. Most of her frustrating and immature behavior are products of her obsession/feelings/whatever for Grissom. I could put up with that for the first few seasons, on account of her being, well, immature, but the character is supposed to have grown by now. She finally started showing signs of it in season 4, only to have it crushed in the finale and left to rot while her issues played out in S5. I felt sure after her past issues came to light we'd finally start seeing her really develop, and in S6 she did, for the most part. She rediscovered her fire and her independence, and distanced herself from Grissom, finally showing some maturity on that front. Then they shat all over it in 'Way To Go'. They spoiled the perfect chance to further develop her, show her changing and maturing, and break some new ground with her. It wouldn't be so bad if they'd have shown what changed between her and Gris, but we got nothing, and we weren't shown anything in the later episodes that's shown that she different, so it's safe to assume nothing's changed, and therefore she is back to square 1.5, still the same Grissom worship, except they are now a couple. To me, that makes the only change Sara has gone through in seven years is having gained a boyfriend.

Not the most well though-out, eloquent post I've ever written, but I think I conveyed what I was attempting to. I still however, given the options offered, I have to choose to keep her alive. CSI's always been and ensemble. I'd never mess with that. It'd be like killing off one of the Friends.

I do hope however, that we start to see some development out of Sara, something new, something independent of her relationship with Grissom, but also highlights the personality we once knew. If the writer's are planning on bringing her back to serve the same purpose she did this past season, background fodder and Grissom's arm candy, then I'll rethink them leaving her under that car. I'm sure I could've lived without Ross.

3. babylon5girl

babylon5girl Hit and Run

I want Sara to Live. If they kill her off CSI will be dealing with all this sar dead angst FOREVER! And adding a new person will make the show seem ever more crowded than it already is. I mean how often does anyone see Warrick...Never! And third, character development for Grissom and Sara have been amazing since season 6, especially for sara. And if they kill her it just seems pointless....alright i'll stop ranting now :)

4. oceanbirch

oceanbirch CSI Level Two

I voted for her to live. I hate to see any characters killed off. If anyone has to be killed off, then there are a few others I'd rather see go first.

5. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Seriously, I don't care what happens to Sara. Truth is, I don't like her character, but I'd like her to stay because it'd be good if the entire cast stayed. I think the show could hit season 9 or 10 that way.
    I'm not saying "Stay Sara" for her to stay, but for the show to stay alive.

6. mati

mati Rookie

Hi all
    I'm not that new on the forum, but on this tread. All the opinions are really interesting, but I have to wholeheartedly agree whit what was said by Ali. But for me it isn't only Sara that came to a screeching halt. I did miss the growing part in all characters, expecially in Nick after the whole Grave Danger mess. That said I hope Sara will stay and be handled differently. But nonetheless I love that show and hope the new one won't mess the chemistry up. Oh and I was able to only see until season 6! Season 7 will be airing in a few weeks/ months.

7. Danni

Danni Victim

live of course sara is my fav character

8. Alien_from_mars

Alien_from_mars Prime Suspect

She should live, I think CSI wouldnt be the same without her, or any of the cast members if they left.
    I think its cruel if they kill her off, aswell.

Soo, for me, I think she should live, just because I want CSI to stay the same :(

9. luvincsi

luvincsi Pathologist

I want Sara to live. :) She's one of my most favorite characters in the show. And if she dies that'll kill of my ship too. [But I'll keep my shippy thoughts to myself. :p] I love Sara and if she's gone the show wouldn't be the same but..

I've watched some epis where there's only really short appearances by Sara and I've noticed that the show works without her. [I totally hate myself for saying that. :(] But still.. if Sara's gone, CSI wouldn't be the same, for me at least. There's always that something - more of "someone" I'll be longing for. Someone like Miss Sara Sidle. :)

I just have to say it.
    P.S. babylon5girl, I adore your signature.

10. catherinerules

catherinerules Prime Suspect

I voted for Sara to live because if Season 8 is going to be the last, then all loose ends should be tidied up and the GSR can go off into the sunset.

11. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

I'm definatly going to go with live.

I've just gotten so comfortable with the original cast. I think it'd throw off the balance of the show if she was gone. Plus, Grissom would go into a super funk and I would get angry and stop watching.

12. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

I say Live because I don't want to deal with Grissom's character being completely trashed because he becomes all depressed. A moping Grissom...doesn't mix with CSI. I say get rid of GSR, and return Grissom to his normal self.

13. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

Sara's always been my favorite character, so of course I want her to live. I want GSR to live, too. I usually hate TV shows to pair off main characters, but as was said above, this has been developing since we met Sara, and I would love to see them ride off into the sunset (although I can't imagine them ever having a silky smooth relationship). I vote for keeping them together but pushing their relationship into the background.

14. CarolineAmanda

CarolineAmanda Witness

sorry, but i voted "Die", purely because she's manipulated grissom into becoming like her, which means he isn't the grissom we know and love.

15. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Actually, I think it's the other way around, Sara became very Grissom-like lately. Which is why I don't care much whether she will live or die. Although I voted die. Coming to think of it, I DO care. Die. Definitely. If only to make a point... there would be no sense in such a big cliffhanger if they just kept going on like before. She has to be dead, it would be so unbelievable if they found her now. It'd be "Grave Danger" all over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.