Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chadini

Chadini Witness

Re: Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion & Posting - Part 1

I think that is hilarious! I picture her being a bit obnoxious like a combination of the lab tech that came in to replace Greg (I forgot her name...she came in from Connecticut and lasted a day) and season one Sara. Don't get me wrong, I love Sara, but she was hardcore in the first season.

I am interested to see how she is going to work out and fit in, or not.

2. zupa_fly

zupa_fly Prime Suspect

Yah, Sara was definitely hardcore first season, and a little naive to some extent. Between trying to impress Grissom and overreacting about nearly everything, it could be overwhelming at times. I love Sara now, but you sometimes wanted to scream at the TV for her to calm down and stop freaking out about everything during the early seasons.

I think it will be great to have some fresh faces in this year, and see Catherine have to supervise and unseasoned CSI. It will be great to have someone cramp her style!

With that said, I am afraid for the possible loss of screen time for the other actors. Gary Dourdan nearly disappeared in Seasons 6 and 7. I see him more on TMZ assaulting cameramen than I do on CSI now! (Note: I think actors are justified in asking that the paparazzi NOT tape them without permission)

Anyway, I am having trouble keeping up with what is the latest info regarding the return/death of Sara. What is the latest scoop? Last I heard there were predictions of death in the 1st episode.

3. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

Though I relate far better to the Sara of older seasons I must say I loathed her. It took a long time and alot of character development for me to grow to like her. Now, however, I can't imagine the show without her. Things do change. I just hope Sara being part of the show doesn't.

4. Toots

Toots Pathologist

It sickens me that they are bringing on another character. This indicates to me that the regulars just can't cut it and tptb want to broaden their horizons. It never works. It will not only alienate many fans, I'll bet the favorite characters aren't wild about another actress horning in on their episode time. It's just so stupid!

5. Chadini

Chadini Witness

My question about the new character is how long is she actually going to be around? For all we know, she can be there for 2 episodes. I am going to wait to freak out. At least I say that now... :lol:

6. Misery

Misery Pathologist

Exactly. And it can be a good thing. F.e. when Keppler came to the show, he managed to make things different and interesting. A few eps and that was it! I think it will be the same with this Vivian character.

7. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

I hate new characters. It throws off the balance of the show. I'm so comfortable with the regular cast! So she's not permenant than?

8. Chadini

Chadini Witness

I don't think we know anything for sure at this point. For all we know, she could be there for just one episode or for the whole season. I think that a short arc (look at Natalie, Keppler, etc) could be really interesting. I agree that a permanent addition could upset the show. It is painful having to wait and see.

9. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

I'm not so sure what I think of her...With Kep it kind of sucked cause I made myself hate him before I knew him, the when he died I was like, oh no, I actually liked the guy...so I'm trying not to develop an opinion about her yet.

10. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I have nothing against new characters until I actually see them on the show and see how they fit. So I will leave my judgment on her until then.

11. Joycie84

Joycie84 CSI Level One

I'm curious about the new character. I always like it when new characters come around, but I don't always like 'em.

12. chip1989

chip1989 Dead on Arrival

I take it still no more news on Jorja? :(

13. subterraneantwin

subterraneantwin Rookie

This isn't necessarily a spoiler, but I found it pretty funny anyway. There is a new video on Youtube under "CSI - Vivienne Lee." It's some woman's audition tape... and needless to say, she probably did not get the role.

Watch at your own risk.

14. Chadini

Chadini Witness

Thanks for posting that! If you strain, you can hear the dialogue for Catherine. Neat find!

15. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

Hey! Well, I don't think she got the role, but she wasn't completely terrible. It was awesome to hear the dialogue between her and Catherine at the beginning.

Also, according my spoiler source who released part of the script, the second half of her audition when she talks about calling the homeless shelter is in a scene in which she is talking to Sara.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.