CSI: Miami Season 6 **Spoiler Lab** #3-Proceed With Caution!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, Jun 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stephanie20

stephanie20 Rookie

Re: CSI: Miami Season 6 **Spoiler Lab** #3-Proceed With Caut

i would love to see ryan in a wet swimsuit. mmm baby.

2. CSI_Duquesne01

CSI_Duquesne01 CSI Level Two

To the bottom? You don't even think he'd be good at that? :eek:

3. stephanie20

stephanie20 Rookie

What do you mean by that xanessa? I mean I sure hope when he's a bodyguard, Ryan Wolfe will wear a hot outfit. :) God I can't wait until the new season; can't wait to start drooling over Togo/Wolfe again.

4. CSI_Duquesne01

I was really just asking her why she thought he'd be at the bottom of that.

5. Sphinx

Sphinx Police Officer

The new A.V. tech sounds good. It would be nice to have a feisty person. Maybe she will have irreverant humor. Maybe she will even question Horatio's authority. We need somebody to stir things up.

6. _____Skylar

_____Skylar Lab Technician

No offense, but a young, beautiful, feisty, humorous and anti-authority girl = Mary Sue, and nobody likes a Mary Sue. If she turns out to be exactly like that I'll hate her so much. We have enough made up characters like her over at ff.net and they're all insufferable.

7. CSI_Duquesne01

Okay I am wanting to know why everyone thinks this chick is a Mary whatever-her-name? Wtf?

8. csi_pinoy

csi_pinoy Lab Technician

actually ide like to see someone who questions horatio once and a while. i mean c mon they gotta show that hes not perfect and u kno that people get throught to him. also ide like to see how H would handle it lol. and plus a little humour wouldnt hurt either

9. _____Skylar

She isn't yet, just speculation. But so far she has a few Mary Sue qualities: young, beautiful, good with computers, and feisty. If Ryan falls in love with her, I'm throwing the towel. For some reason, Ryan falls in love with all the Miami Mary Sues.

We have Stetler for that. Come on, I don't care to see some 20 something little girl sassing at Horatio. For once it's really annoying. Two, she works for him, it wouldn't be her place to question Horatio on anything. Three, she's 20 something! What does she know about law enforcement or life, for that matter. She's a little kid.

And Horatio wouldn't keep someone like that around. There are hundreds of computer geniuses out there, I'm sure she could be replaced in an instant. I'm sorry, but the idea of Samantha being a sassy brat really, really makes me mad.

10. csi_pinoy

csi_pinoy Lab Technician

umm question... whos mary sue? is that her character name?

11. _____Skylar

Her name isn't Mary Sue, it's Samantha.

Mary Sue is a writing affliction in which an author creates a character he/she uses for the purposes of self-insertion. Example, you're a Ryan fan, and you're omg so in love with Jonathan Togo. So you write a fic in which you make up a character who is young, beautiful, perfect, etc, and she takes after you or is the girl you wish you could be, and Ryan ends up falling in love with her, therefore fulfilling your Jonathan Togo fantasies. Usually it's teenage writers who write Mary Sue stories. There's A LOT of them in the Miami page over at ff.net, and for some reason they all end up hooking up with Ryan (example: "Horatio suddenly has a daughter and she becomes a CSI and she's gorgeous, young, smart, sassy, and really cool, and Ryan falls head over heels in love with her." Typical Mary Sue plot.)

Wikipedia has an article about Mary Sue.

Of course, since the Miami writers aren't teenage girls wishing they could be young, pretty, smartz and sassy, Samantha can't be a Mary Sue in the literal sense, but some people may refer to her as 'Mary Sue' if she exhibits Mary Sue qualities, some of which she already has: young, beautiful, feisty, and incredibly skilled at everything she does. It's really annoying to see a character like that. It's very shallow writing. Mary Sues also have the tendency of becoming incredibly important to the point where they challenge the authority, in this case Horatio, so if Samantha starts sassing at Horatio she'll truly become an annoying Mary Sue. Really, there's nothing more annoying than a young person who mouthes off to their elders/superiors. I hope they don't go there with Samantha.

12. CSI_Duquesne01

It's a stereotypical character in fiction who takes the men, out does the girls and whatever else she can do to the people of Miami or wherever it takes place. I just don't know what everyone is so worked up with the new tech. I think we should wait until the next episode to really take a guess on this. If she is this so called Mary Sue, this season will not look so good.

13. csi_pinoy

csi_pinoy Lab Technician

ooooooo ok well i wasnt that curious. and i dont like reading a lot so. thnx for the huge deffinition with examples lol. but i think i got it thnx

14. _____Skylar

I doubt it. We're just speculating. If they truly wanted her to be that important they would've made her a CSI. Although, the actress is somewhat of a name. But then again, so was Brendan Fehr, and he got very little screen time and in the end was written out (I assume Cooper is not coming back).

They should just bring back Tyler. He was awesome, and adorably geeky. I like my AV techs nerdy, sweet, and ambiguously gay.

15. CSI_Duquesne01

Why don't they keep their techs? Cooper was cool, yet they lose another awesome tech. Oh well, she'd better make up for it, but it's the feisty part that gets me. That means she might get a little more screen time and I don't think it will be nice as in proper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.