NCIS thread #2: post here or get your head slapped

Discussion in 'NCIS & NCIS: LA' started by JediCSI72, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

Wow, he is 39. It looks real good for his age. Happy Birthday! Keep up the good work. ;)

2. mj0621

mj0621 Pathologist

ooh! happy birthday to him! I agree he looks young!

mugs do ya mind if i snag some piccies in your collection? I saw some awesome pics and i drooled! :lol: specially kate's pic is there! :D puweeze?

3. Messers_cupcake

Messers_cupcake Lab Technician

wow... he's already 39??!!

happy birthday!!!

4. mugs

mugs Witness

mj0621 sure you can take what ever you want

5. JediCSI72

JediCSI72 Witness

Just thought you all would want to know- tvshowsondvd.com just announced that the 4th season of NCIS is coming to dvd on October 23. I'm so happy!! :D I can't wait!! I just finished watching the 3rd season, except for Hiatus, which I can't bear to watch.

6. mugs

mugs Witness

thanks for that i might actually get to see all of season 4 before it is shown on tv.

*goes to see when the ireland/uk one is out*

7. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Well, I've been working my way thru the S3 dvd - well, it;s not exactly "work" :lol: and I have to say, I was ready to dislike both Ziva and Jen Shepherd, but they're okay. I'm particularily starting to warm up to Ziva.

I will of course have to eventually splurge and buy the other seasons, but I've seen most of them, and can't justify the $$$.

And yes, I'm not sure I can manage to bring myself to sit thru Hiatus yet. We'll see when I get there, but honestly, how can I not...

And now you say S4 is out in the fall? better start saving now... :p

8. SlashernotHorror

SlashernotHorror Civilian

Hey everyone! I'm new to this board and I'm so glad to see an NCIS thread. If I had the patience I would read every post (including the first 1000 ^.~) Alas, I do not. So I sampled some pages here and there to get a feel for you all.

I have a few questions that you may feel free to indulge me in!

1) What season did you start watching NCIS and do you prefer Kate or Ziva? 1, 2, 3, or 4? I'm trying to form a theory on whether or not people that came in during season 3 are more likely to like Ziva, as opposed to people who watched from seasons 1 or 2 that may prefer Kate. (I'm fairly unbiased, I like them equally and not nearly as much as Tony, Gibbs, Abby, and Ducky).

2) Favourite supporting cast member? ie: Palmer, Sheppard, etc...

3)Favourite 'ship? Any and all, certainly doesn't have to be cannon.

4)Favourite episode and why?

5) Last but not least: Personally I believe that Tony is undercover working Jeanne (and does love her, though that's beside my point) and that Gibbs DOES NOT KNOW. What do you think he'd say/do to Tony when he finds out? Or do you believe Gibbs being Gibbs already knew? Be creative!

Answer, don't asnwer, s'all good. I just want to get to know you all a little better. This thread is awesome though.

9. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Welcome, SlashernotHorror. What took you so long? Too far away to give you a Gibbs headslap. (just kidding)

1. Long time fan of Mark Harmon and David McCallum, so when I heard they were going to be on JAG together for the pilot of NCSI, I watched the two-parter and every episode since.

2. As above, longtime fan of David McCallum since his U.N.C.L.E years.

3. I don't ship any shows so I will pass on this one. But I might consider a ship of live Kate and me. :devil:

4. No favorites. That is like walking into Baskin Robbins and picking a favorite ice cream flavor. Very hard to do.

5. Hard to be creative. Gibbs knows all, sees all, hears all, slaps all.

10. shane2

shane2 Prime Suspect

Hi Slashernothorror
    I have been watching NCIS since the middle of the first season (shame on me)but I have to say I liked Kate and Tony but I have really warmed up to the Ziva/Tony thing they are just good together. I think Gibbs knows what Tony is up to he always seems to know.

11. Calihan

Calihan Captain

The team is trying to find out who killed a Petty Officer and a young woman. The matter complicates when a baby is involved and goes missing. Abby and Ducky also appear.

A Captain from Defense Intelligence is found dead in his house by his wife and her friend. The team has a few leads right from the start. It gets interesting when one of the suspects has an interesting connection to Gibbs. Abby gets help from a 'cyber' from the DIA.

12. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

I miss Kate, but I think Ziva is a good character as well. I took me a while to get used to her in the show but now she doesn't bother me that much.

r.i.p Kate

13. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

1. I started watching from S1, but I much prefer Ziva to Kate. (I really really loathed Kate, so Ziva was always going to be better imo)

2. Palmer, definitely. He's really grown on me and I wish they'd give him more to do in the next season.

3. Heh, Gibbs/Tony or Palmer/McGee <g> Het wise, Palmer/Lee is the only one I'd go for.

4. Ahh, waaaay too many to chose from. SWAK, Twilight, Meat Puzzle, Frame up, Dead man talking...I could go on all day!

5. I don't think that Gibbs knows everything. I have a feeling that he knows Tony's hiding something, but he doesn't know the specifics. I think when he finds out for sure, he'll smack Tony for going in without proper backup.

14. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Well, I was in from the get go S1, and really liked Kate, tho' she wasn't my fave on the show (luv Gibbs, luv Abby) - I just liked that there was a strong well written woman character on any show, but I also liked her interaction with everyone. That said, I thought I would really have trouble liking Ziva, but I've just been barrelling my way back thru S3, and have really warmed up to her a lot. No preference, but no longer a bias either, happy to say.

I kinda like when Fornell shows up. Always fun. Palmer's okay, but kinda mis/under-used.

mmm, don't really ship anyone; early on I liked the kind of chemistry they played with in S1 with Gibbs and Kate; also thought Abby/Mcgee are kinda fun. But no real ships.

Good lord, impossible query. I can't even say which season I like most - I like each for different reasons, and for different eps. Sorry, no articulate response there.

I think Gibbs knows - something. His Gut certainly has something to say, but me, I don't think he knows details. I think his response might be a little more extreme or off the charts than it would have been a season or two ago. Never a dull moment with Gibbs.

I'm a big NCIS fan, but a relatively mild dabbler here in this thread - it took me buying all the dvd sets to really get back into the swing of things. Nice ta meetchas all. NCIS fast returning to top of faves list after CSI's franchises.

15. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

1. Started watching at the beginning of S3, and yes, Ziva was my immediate fave. Bought S2 and I did like Kate too, but Ziva was first and foremost my fave. Hard to tell if that's because I "met" Ziva first and Kate second, or just because I like Ziva's personality better... Probably a bit of both.

2. Supporting cast member? I agree with Elwood, Fornell Rocks! I love it when he shows up.

3. Ship? None...although I do love the chemistry between Abby & McGee, but I don't really ship anyone, on this show.

4. Fave ep? Good Heavens, impossible to answer that one! Lots of fun or memorable ones that I liked...last season's Halloween ep when Abby went as Marilyn Monroe; The Meat Puzzle where Ducky is kidnapped by the undertakers; Smoked, where they find the guy in the chimney last season; S2's Call of Silence where the WWII Medal of Honor recipient confesses to murder (that one always makes me cry :(); Doppelganger, where there is an "alternate" NCIS team; any ep with Fornell; :lol:... wow, waaaaay too many to pick one fave!

5. I agree, Tony's "relationship" with Jeanne is part of an undercover Op, Jen recruited him for it to get to Jeanne's Frog-Daddy, and I definitely think Gibbs did NOT know about it in the beginning... in fact, not for the majority of the season, but I think he started putting 2 & 2 together and finally figured it out by season's end.

Question: I don't know how many of you are also fans of the "Bones" series, but I went online to try and find out when Bones would be airing this season...and it looks like it's premiering on Tuesday, 9/25, at 8pm Eastern/7pm CST... the same exact time as NCIS! Unless they've changed the time that NCIS is airing. Why oh why would they put these two fun shows directly against eachother? Are they nuts? :eek: :mad: Anyone else know anything about show times for next season? Please tell me I'm wrong! :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.