Grissom&Sara #10 - Meet Me in the Gutter & bring the Tape!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by forensicsgirl, Oct 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

Re: Grissom&Sara #10-Meet Me in the Gutter & bring the Tape

It doesn't bother me when Brass or Cath uses it - they've worked together forever and are peers and I'm used to them doing it cuz they've been calling him that since the series began. When Warrick and Nick call him Gil (they've only maybe done it once each) it's jarring, but i think it's supposed to be - it makes whatever they say next stand out.

But for Sara to call him 'Gil' (jeez, I'm having the hardest time typing that) it would be like Scully calling Mulder 'Fox' - just strange (I mean, Scully's mother calles him 'Fox' all the time, but how many times did Scully? Once? Twice? And always during highly emotional, significant scenes) I think it would have to be a very significant moment if Sara ever calls Gris by his first name. And maybe when she does, I'll be able to... but I doubt it. He is 'Grissom' to me...

Oooh, just thought of another analogy - Buffy and Spike. She calls him Spike - everyone does. But the moment she calls him by his real name, calls him 'William' it was SO significant - you know there's something going on beneath what she's saying...

:( The link works for me... I don't understand what's wrong... :(

Try this one: http://www.geocities.com/shannon6s/this.html

2. martini

martini CSI Level One

great MV forensicsgirl you,omaetoy and kerstin are the best :)!
    and when will you update on your ffic?
    and grissom is just grissom i don't like his name gil or gilbert or virgil or whatever his first name is :p
    he is just grissom and even if sara and grissom are in a relationship, she will still call him grissom i think :devil:

3. grisslybear

grisslybear CSI Level Two

forensicsgirl and Sissi, first of all I'm glad you guys liked the video!

forensicsgirl, I had mentioned exactly the same thing about Buffy and Spike here. Sometimes it is just part of the relationship that someone calls the other by their last name. Sara is the only one who hasn't called him Gil on the show, and I think that's significant.
    And I find it weird, in fanfic, where the moment something happens between the two, Sara starts calling him Gil immediately.

I think calling him Grissom is fun and sexy. Miss Cam (Camilla Sandman) has a story "the Passing of Seasons" and she has a great passage or two there about it.

4. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

Hmmm...I wonder if Grissom would ever give Sara a nickname if they become a couple. Maybe he would call her his little love bug. :D :lol:

5. grisslybear

grisslybear CSI Level Two

Yeah, that might be sweet...We know he is into calling her honey, baby, etc...I wonder what he'd call her if they are actually in a relationship.

6. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

Counting down....9 hours until ABRTI Part One. I can't wait.

There is no doubt Grissom would be romantic enough to have a pet name for Sara if they were in a relationship. I would love to see him give her a special piece of jewelry to wear that they would only understand what it means. You know kinda like the collar he has her wear in The Power Exchange. How Cincoflex has warped my thinking when it comes to Grissom and Sara. :lol: :devil:

7. brandie

brandie Prime Suspect

HOT :) Cinco has altered my perception to them both too!

8. martini

martini CSI Level One

yeh ther is somany ff going on gsr i sometimes get confused but i love to read ;) another couple of hours people i have to wai another day i hope you can updat me what will happen in abti (part1)

9. Aggie

Aggie CSI Level Two

Did I hear a grissly music video being announced??? Yes, I did, but I can't download it at the mo! :( Grrr, I hate that! However, I WILL see it and let you know what I think! :)

Now... I've been thinking about why Sara has never called Grissom by his first name? Btw, do TPTB do that on purpose? Do they have to give the characters, who have the leading roles in shows such weird names?? I mean, think about it, everyone else has a pretty common name, therefore it's easy to call them by those!

Whilst Gil... I don't know!(btw, I'm pretty sure it's short fo Gilbert, and nothing else!)

As for people calling him that, I think it's only Brass and Catherine, and that's because they've known each other for so long, so they're comfortable using their first names. I'm not sure who else has called him "Gil"... :confused:

I think it's a good thing that Sara doesn't call him by his first name, and that's because if she did, it would lose all the significance, if she'd called him that later (whilst in a relationship, or failing that, during a very important moment for them!) And, remember that
    Brass and Cath call him that... They're his best friends, but Sara is so much more... :devil:

P.S. Just remembered something! There is ONE very good reason why she should never call him "Gil"...
    Anyone remembers that last scene in "Nesting Dolls"....? :D ;)

10. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

I didn't think about that reason Aggie...very good point made.

Well only 4 hours and 29 minutes to go until ABRTI, I will try to get on here and give some spoilers after the episode is over for those who want to read them. I am sure we most likely will not get any GSR interaction..but heck even if they are on the screen together at some point that is better than nothing at all. :D

11. brandie

brandie Prime Suspect

Saw the same thing happen in the S/J ship on Stargate... Sam would never call him Jack - it was always Colonel/Sir/General. It was seen as way too intimate for her. She was safe when she used the professional names.

I see the same thing for Sara - she knows that saying "Gil" would be incredibly intimate for her and most likely for him as well. Its that line that she doesn't want to cross and Grissom probably doesn't want her to cross.... YET.

It keeps things respectful between the two - no matter how much they skirt around BEING professional and respectful. It puts up the false front for others to view their pseudo-relationship on (even though everyone can pretty much see beyond it).

12. greglover14

greglover14 Pathologist

I need some GSR! I'm really hoping for something in ABRTI, the GSR shipscale is growing cobwebs on it! We have hardly anything, I'm starting to get a little worried. *sigh* Please give us something! I'm suffering from GSR withdrawal.

13. martini

martini CSI Level One

14. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

I was looking for some good GSR pictures cause I know greglover was talking about having GSR deprivation. I think this is a cute picture of them both. Her expression is so funny.

[​IMG]

15. Aggie

Aggie CSI Level Two

Little caption for the pic.

Grissom: Sara, here's that drink you wanted. What?

Sara: Griss...is that a hickey? :devil: Damn, I'm good!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.