Which Character Can You Live WITHOUT?

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by gregsandersluver, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Nomate

Nomate Police Officer

I think women just love to dispise each other. Everybody here has some issue with one of the women on this show, yet I'm sure we can all relate to all of them to some extent. I don't know how the formula works that makes us think this way. I hated Sophia from her first episode, then I stopped watching the show for awhile, and when I started again I didn't see why I hated her at all. I really can't find anything wrong with her, yet I used to be pretty nasty when I talked about her.

2. Stella

Stella Rookie

Hey, everyone! I'm not new to the board but new to this thread. *waves*

I think every character is needed in their own way in the show, nobody should go or whatever and I couldn't live without each one of the team. I like Grissom as well as Sara, Nick, Cath, Warrick and the others of the team. Even the lab techs are great.

But okay, if I have to choose there's indeed one character I could live without..it's Ecklie. I hate that guy.

3. catheline

catheline Hit and Run

I can live without Ecklie, Warrick and maybe Grissom and Hodges.
    It’s just my opinion. Please don’t kill me.

Some people don't like Sofia but I just love her. At first I didn’t like her but now I’m huge SoNic shipper and now I love Sofia too.

4. Jorja_Rain

Jorja_Rain Lab Technician

^Hating someone for not liking a character on a tv show? :lol: That would be ridiculous IMO.

And I could most definitely live without Grissom, too :D

5. ericloca

ericloca Lab Technician

I can live easily without Hodges . And Sheriff . But not without Ecklie ! He's so funny ... plus he is the bad character ... so like his role so much .

6. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

I think it's an online phenom! In real life (as it where!), I know as many men who love CSI, as women.

It's actually only Sofia that I'm not bothered about. Sara and Cath are in my top 5 favourite characters, way before a lot of the men. Only Gris and Jim Brass are above 'em.

And Catheline, don't worry we won't kill you, everyone free to an opinion :)

All I will say, I think some of the subtlety of Gris's character gets lost on a few folks. Cos he truly is a wonderfuly unique TV character, one of the best tv characters out there. And to not be able to appreciate him, is for me a shame, as you are missing out :)

7. Jorja_Rain

^well, what is unique about Grissom? He's a science nerd whose social skills leave a lot to be desired; he's incapable of speaking his true feelings and instead sends weird stuff to his loved one, expecting her to read into it what he had in mind. Now, there's nothing wrong about it, and I find his weird ways entertaining at times, but it most definitely is not unique. I have appreciated Scully and Mulder for the entire running of the x files, they were unique characters at that time, and I have taken full advantage of them :D I guess I can risk missing out on Grissom's alleged uniqueness :lol:

8. lovinsofia

lovinsofia Victim

Wow, I can see that we are surrounded by a lot of ANTI-Sofia people. Which by the way is spelt with an F not a PH; if your not going to like a character then at least learn how to spell the name correctly. Oh and Sara, no H either. Now see, even with me hating Sara, I still managed to learn how to spell her name.

As for Sofia not bringing anything to the series, maybe if the writers would get their heads out of the whole Sara Grissom story line so that they could see the potential in the character of Sofia Curtis, she would bring a lot more to the table then she is now bringing.

But anyway, to answer the question on this thread, the character would have to be no one. I believe that each person, despite my objections to the whole Grissom-Sara story line, brings a certain something to the show, that without them would not be the same, or as good as it is now. Yes EVEN SOFIA

9. Jorja_Rain

^I second that. All of that :)

And btw, I have tried to tell people before that Sofia was not spelled with ph :lol: Maybe you'll have more luck :p

10. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Totally agree with you, lovinsofia. Although I still wouldn't mind Grissom off the show, I see that he is a part of it, just like everyone else. Especially Sofia. :D

11. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Which character I can live without? Mmmm, either Sofia, Hodges or Ecklie.

Hodges- he is funny, so he can stay and he can be annoyed when he want to.

Ecklie- He can be pain, but he can stay. Alone he keep the teams stay together, not breaking them up.

Sofia- She's okay, she is not my favorite.

So, I could live without Sofia and I wouldn't miss her.

12. Crank

Crank Victim

sara, no questions asked. i used to love her... but now i just find her incredibly annoying. meh.

13. kate

kate Victim

I do like all of the characters quite a lot, but if I had to pick I would have to say Catherine. I do like her, but there are times when I'm just kind of bothered by her and all of the drama that follows her around. If she ever did quit I would want it to be in a positive way, like she all of the sudden finds out that Sam Braun did leave her millions of dollars. So she never has to work again. She can still make occasional guest apperances, because I really do like her, just not as much as everyone else.

14. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I know this is lame, but my vote goes to Undersheriff McKeen. :D I actually like Ecklie as a character. He has both an evil side and a good one (remember Grave Danger?). I think the CSIs need an opposite and Ecklie is the perfect choice. He stirs up crap, but he's not an entirely bad person. I think one of the reasons I wasn't impressed with season 7 might be the fact that Ecklie wasn't in it. lol.

Undersheriff McKeen, on the other hand, is a plain pain in the a$$ IMO. :D

Oh and I can't agree with you more about Sofia, lovinsofia. :)

15. 4_and_20

4_and_20 Rookie

Owww, when did this thread pop up?

Although it’s true that the show really wouldn’t be the same if you lost any of the main characters, I could really live without Nick, I absolutely cannot stand him at all.