Eric/Ryan Slash #2 - Stay With Me

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by kinkapoodles, Jun 25, 2007.

1. SwiftTales

SwiftTales Lab Technician

I definitely agree... I think the whole Eric/Calleigh plotline is really scary, and not just from a slasher point of view, I mean, if Calleigh decides to forego that other guy (forgot his name) and decides to date Eric, the whole dynamic of the lab can shift like sand and suddenly there is this whole new dynamic we have to think about

Ofcourse, from a slasher's point of view it's not that much fun either, UI think you're right Shadowfax, Eric should get over Calleigh and realize that the one he really wants is Ryan.... or Ryan should make him realize :devil:

2. AliGtr

AliGtr CSI Level One

Hello! :D It's been ages since I've been here! Real Life has let up a little and I'm able to think again. So what do I think about? Hardy Boys! :p :devil: Of course.

I really don't like the idea of Eric with Calleigh. Partly because of the slasher angle, which is inevitable with me, really. :mad: Partly because of what you said, SwiftTales , about the dynamic of the lab changing. What happens when they break up? (Because that would be inevitable). And partly because that would really leave Ryan as an outsider. He's been somewhat on the outside since he started, but this would really emphasise it. I don't like it at all. :(

I think that if Ryan and Eric were together, they would be more secretive about their relationship and keep it out of the office. Eric and Calleigh, being heterosexual, would probably bring it into the work situation more. Never a good thing.

Was it in Silencer that Ryan said something about office relationships never working? Was that in the blog conversation? I had a theory that that might have been an ironic comment because he and Eric were already together at that point and they'd already had the conversation about the wisdom of having a relationship with a co-worker and come to the conclusion that they could handle it.

Twiz, thank you very much for your kind comments. I'm flattered! I'm pleased that you liked that fic. :D It was an irresistible idea to have Ryan falling in the water and Eric having to save him. *drools* I have here a link to another fic, which I promised way back on the last thread. Quickbeam gave me the idea and Shadowfax did a fabulous beta job, so it's a team effort. The link is here for the Prologue. It's PG-13, mods, so no need to worry about that. :D It took some effort to keep it that way - they're naughty, those Hardy Boys! :devil:

I also have a wp to post. This was an entry in the last wp challenge and I really liked it, so here you are - to make up for my lengthy absence. :eek: Eric / Ryan wallpaper

3. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

Loved the Hrdy Boys wallpaper!!!! and yeah the Sliencer blog scene is a good hardy boys moments...ok here's a good question. which Hrdy Boy moment is your favorite?

I have three...the end of Nailed, when Ryan was visiting Eric in the hospital in Man Down and in Man Down when Ryan had that guy that shot Eric by the collar of his shirt he was all like "You shot my friend. you put a bullet in my partner's brain! i don't give a damn about your car!" that part was just like OMG!!!! He just cared so much!! it actually made me cry!!

4. SwiftTales

yeah, alli, the comment about office relationships never working was made by Ryan in the blog scene, which is one of the best Hardy Boys scenes in the entire fourth season, and there were quite a few good ones of those :p

You`re completely right about the whole Eric/Calleigh thing leaving Ryan as an outsider, I hadn`t quite thought of it that way before, but it is indeed another reason why the Calleigh/Eric pairing is NOT a good idea

If Eric and Ryan were together they would definitely keep it more secretive, especially considering in just what kind of enviroment they work in

I think Calleigh is really being more sensible then Eric at the moment, he wanted to go for it, but Calleigh held back because of work

(and in my little world also because she knows that Eric really wants Ryan but that he just hasn`t figured that out yet)

and thus she went out with Jake

Also, I don`t think Calleigh and Eric would be such a great couple because they often clash a lot, they might love each other as friends but I doubt that they would be able to love each other as something more

5. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

yeah thier relationship is too Brother/Sister for it to be anything more, plus if Calleigh stays with Jake that'll leave room for Ryan to come in :D

6. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

Can I visit your little world?

Definately agree with you on that. I don't think we really have alot to worry about. (at least I hope)

7. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

:eek: the thread was on the second page!!!! were have a the Hardy Boys shippers gone? we need to bring some life back into this thread!!!! so in order to do that here's a question...

what are your main hopes for The Hardy Boys in the new season?

8. only_true_love

only_true_love Lab Technician

***waves hi*** good question and a difficult one for me to answer since I also like half of this ship with someone else too!!! Well I'd like to definately see the friendship between them to get stronger!!! They werent the best of friends as everyone knows and why it was that way!!! I pray that if the spoilers are true it doesnt send these two a step back b/c it took awhile to get where they are now!!!

9. AliGtr

AliGtr CSI Level One

I'm hoping that the spoilers don't mean anything bad for Eric and Ryan. But then, they were okay with each other when Ryan came into the lab in Kill Switch - much better than I might have expected.

It's quite hard to decide what I'd like in S6, since we've only just started on S5 here. And I'm loving it, because in my little world Ryan is still a CSI and he's getting on with Eric. COTC on Tuesday! :D

All the same, I'd really like to see Ryan in particular do hero things. Eric occasionally gets to be shown as the hero, or at least the good guy. Ryan just seems to screw up all the time. I'd like to see him save the whole situation and Eric is all admiring. *dreams happily*

10. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

That does sound like a fun scenario. Ryan being the hero and Eric watching in amazement. We all know Ryan can do it, they just have to let him show what hes got.

I'm just hoping for some good scenes between them and Ryan to be a hero. :D

11. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

:eek: Hrdy Boys shippers where have you gone!? come back to the thread!!!

and yeah Ryan being the hero would be nice! it's always Horatio this and Horatio that! what about Ryan and his mad skills?!?

12. only_true_love

only_true_love Lab Technician

I'm still here!!!!
    oh, I think Ryan not only should be the hero but that Eric acknowledges it too! :) It be nice if the whole team does but I'd settle for just Eric. I want to hug him with all that he's been through!!!

13. AliGtr

AliGtr CSI Level One

Me too! :D

I find it easier to write Eric as the dominant one in their relationship and have him looking after Ryan. I have to hold myself back on that a bit because Ryan's not really like that. He's headstrong and stubborn and just as capable as Eric. I really need to write something where Ryan is the stronger one.

Hero stories. What could Ryan do to save the situation and have Eric in particular all admiring? Stopping a bank robbery? Saving Eric when he's injured?

(I have a plan to write a fic where it's Eric's first time and Ryan is the experienced one. Not Eric's first time ever, but his first time with a guy, you know. I really like that idea, but time is a problem.)

I'd really like to hug both of them, because they both go through a lot of rubbish in S5. Hmmmm. I'd really like to hug both of them anyway. :p

14. SwiftTales

I have a little fic going where Eric is the one in trouble and Ryan has to help/rescue him... I haven't gotten very far though, only finished the first chapter and a part of the second chapter

I'm not entirely sure how to continue the story, so it's on hiatus while I try to finish Funky Purple (Six chapters already and more in the making)

It is easy to write Eric as the dominate one, isn't it? I don't know why considering the fact that they're very much alike in temperament, fierceness, strength, etc.

Maybe it's because Ryan is younger and is the newest addition to the CSI team? *shrugs*

Or maybe it's because we know that Eric is appereantly far more experienced romantically wise? I mean, the fact is that we know that Eric is ... experienced... with everything that happened in season 3 with the toothing and stuff...
    and because we know that Ryan is kinda inexperienced because he definitely doesn't know where to take a girl out on a date... (I mean... mexican wrestling? Come on)

Or maybe it's because we've seen Ryan a lot more vulnerable (especially considering the fact that it seems Ryan gets all the shitty roadblocks thrown his way and he gets more opportunity to be vulnerable) than Eric

15. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

Ok just read that last part of Shadows story and let me say OMG its amazing. Brilliant ending to a very interesting and smut filled story.
    Swifty I haven't had much time to read all your colorful stories yet but I am and loving them... SLOW down so I can catch up...J/P keep writing it as it comes. I'm so looking forward to you and Aligtr writing a fic about Ryan being the hero or dominant lover...omg that gave me chills thinking about it...

I completely agree with you guys about why we see Eric as the more experience and dominant one of them...we do know he's experience with the women..toothing..that was crazy and boa..ew. I don't think ryan got a kiss goodnight from her, at least in my mind he didn't and didn't want one...I had to close my eyes during that ep..was sooooooo glad they didn't show the date. I think also it's just that Ryan looks so young and sweet and innocent. Delko just has more of a manly look to him then Ryan.

I would really like to see Eric stick up for Ryan this season about the whole getting fired thing. I'd like to see Eric stop by his new job and try to cheer him up, but we know that won't happen. I just hope they don't have him being all smug and distant with him when he comes back.