Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GSR_Sara_Gil

GSR_Sara_Gil Witness

Re: Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion & Posting - Part 1

I would hate if any of the original team dies and I will definately stop watching CSI.
    This is driving me crazy. I want to know so I can get on with my summer.

Although deep down I hope it is all a crazy game they are playing. Plus they can always change the scripts or put false ones out. They are one of the best TV show crews in the business.

2. eszmanda_luver

eszmanda_luver CSI Level One

Oh really, ok then. I just never saw that at all. Well I suppose that clears that up, but still makes me wonder why they mention her in that hallway.

Well, thanks for that...

3. GSR_Sara_Gil

GSR_Sara_Gil Witness

Maybe Sara is working on a case and is photographing a body while Caterine and Vivian are outside talking.
    Sara working a case the world may end lol!

4. vexus

vexus Pathologist

Catherine and Vivian are probably talking about the case. Cathering is probably giving Vivian some advice. I don't know at this point.

5. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

Sara WORKING? Right after being found? or maybe it skips ahead 4 months? Cause usually the season takes place in the months in which it airs...

6. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

I'm okay with the idea of the team being split up, sort of. Why don't they just skip the whole idea of swing and give Catherine the day shift? It looks like Catherine, Vivian, Sara, and Warrick are all on Catherine's shift... swing most likely (from what I've read), and I know that if they make it Day Shift, then Grissom and Sara would get NO time together. But why keep doing that to Catherine and Lindsey? That's not fair to them. I'm just saying if they have to split up the team why don't they just give Catherine day shift?

And they should keep Sofia... I mean really. She'd make a good supervisor too, maybe for swing shift.

7. zupa_fly

zupa_fly Prime Suspect

I think the character that plays Sofia is leaving? (I know I read this somewhere, but I don't remember the source. Can anyone back me up?) So, it makes sense if Sofia is out.

Also, they can't have Catherine work days because then they wouldn't be able to have the overlap so that Catherine and Grissom can interact (after all, they are both the main characters and there are a lot of people that follow this ship even after GSR).

I am a little surprised that IF Sara lives Catherine might be her supervisor on swing. What great tension!! I think this is definitely one relationship that hasn't been fully explored: Sara and Catherine. They are so similar in some ways yet VERY different. As long as GSR lives on in principle, I don't care if I don't see it on screen each week. I am far more interested to see what new dynamics/relationships are developed, and learn more about individual characters.

I am a big Sara fan, and I am very excited about season 8. I am optimistic about the fate of Sara and hope that TPTB can find a tactful and appropriate way to deal with the character's current situation. Seriously: can anyone really handle Grissom if Sara dies the day he confesses his love for her? ACK!

8. lostladyknight

I know that Louise Lombard (Sofia) was leavin. I was hoping that since she's in the first episode she changed her mind about leaving.

9. GSR_Sara_Gil

GSR_Sara_Gil Witness

I actually think they may have shot most of the two parter that is Living Doll at the end of last season. Much like the Brass shooting was a two parter and Grave Danger was a two parter. I think they chose to split this one over the summer to test the fans really because ratings have been down for all shows and GA was competing with it and will be this year.
    I think this was to see if we the FANS would jump when one of our team was threatened for real shall we say by TPTB.
    I hope they do not split on swing shift again I was not a fan of that in Season 5 nor was Peterson for that matter even though Season 5 was great overall except for that.
    I really think they should just make Catherine supervisor of nightshift and you could still have great Sara and Catherine interaction. Since the actresses really like each other and Fox has said she loves that these women are similar (both strong and smart) but from very different backgrounds and for different reasons (as zupa_fly said)
    It could be a great way to go into Sara's true past. Maybe Catherine observes how the car trauma affects her and investigates...
    I also want the whole team interacting. I want them to explore all those dynamics more by spliting the team you cut down on how you can use these great and amazing actors and characters. GSR has always been in the background even in Season 7 except for it becoming official. GSR had about 20 minutes the whole season last year. So i think they will stay with that.
    they will be happy but now they will focus on cases and I hope team interaction.
    Although I still want Griss and Sara to work some cases they are a great WORKING team, but I also want the whole team connecting again, which would make sense after one of their own was threatened in such an intimate way by a serial killer.

10. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

RE: Louise Lombard: I am not sure if there was a change but it looks like unless it is picked up the pilot she was working on was shelved, so more then likely she will not be leaving CSI unless other prospects present themselves.

11. AnneM

AnneM Dead on Arrival

OMG. Sara cant die! I will be so sad :(
    I try to stay optimistic though, so tanks for any news, and for the posts you all have here.

I think splitting the team is (though I do not like it) a good way to keep the episodes fresh. I think if I whent trou something like Sara did, I would not have returned to work the next days. So the fact that neither her nor grissom is mentioned in the 2. episode of season 8, is not that worring. though I want to know if Sara lives..

12. lostladyknight

Is anyone getting the feeling that all this change is going to hurt the show enough to prevent a 9th season? I'm starting to worry that they're making a lot of mistakes that they shouldn't.

13. AnneM

AnneM Dead on Arrival

RE: lostladyknight

I`ve thought of that too, but I hope CSI is too big hit for the creatures to just stop making new episodes. :S were just going to cross our fingers.. I stay optimistic untill I have proof.

14. Maryse

Maryse Lab Technician

one thing is for sure, they have to do something new. i love CSi, it's my favourite show but the last 2 seasons havent been so great, they have had great episodes but overall.....

i just cant wait for the new season!!!

15. Lizn8rFoxy

Lizn8rFoxy Lab Technician

when is the date it is going to come back on?

september something?

man i am literally dying, waiting so long for it!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.