Which Character Can You Live WITHOUT?

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by gregsandersluver, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Rhapsody

Rhapsody Dead on Arrival

I could live without Warrick, I just don't like Gary Dourdan so much. I'd prefer that everyone stays though.

2. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Every character in the show has their pros and cons.....and everybody here has different reasons to keep them, and reasons to get rid of them!

Like most people, I have a mental list of the characters going from faves to not so faves, but getting rid of either of them, will create a void that, in my personal opinion, would be extremely hard to replace...and I don't think I'd want to get rid of either of the characters.

So many people have said Sofia (LL, wonderful actress), and I agree, the character doesn't bring much to the show, BUT, to keep the show as realistic as possible, you need more then one detective (even though Brass is awesome), aiding the CSI's. This helps create a little depth to the show, by opening a second storyline for those main characters that might not be involved otherwise in the main story.

Now, after reading over this thread, I too have to defend my main man, Hodges. Like someone said on an earlier page, you gotta have a character that is like the villain or comic relief, whatever, in the show. That character you just LOVE to HATE! Wallace does indeed play the character well, (he's a brilliant actor in general, personally speaking of course), and breaks up the seriousness of the show, even if its just for a brief moment or two. I absolutely love how he torments Greg, and how Greg returns the favor, just thinking of a few scenes between the two cracks me up.

So in all.......I don't think I could really pick any ONE character to be the "character I could live without", because they all play well off on another and have their own special little quarks about them I love AND hate.

*LOL.......duct tapes Hodges to a random lab table, to avoid any future boots!* that snarky bastard, hmmm, I wonder what character is on top of MY faves list....LOL :lol:

3. Nomate

Nomate Police Officer

Hey I'm with you, I adore Hodges.. except I don't know why. Something about him is so geeky in all the right ways. He had me at "the full David Hodges experience".

When new characters are introduced, most often it feels like an intrusion of some sort, but when you get to like them, they make the experience of the show 'so' much better. They aren't just random extras and you feel a sweet sense of superiority for knowing the CSI's as well as the trace and video guys. Casual viewers get the jokes, but the obsessed fan gets to think "Oh, that line is 'so' him!". Greg is the perfect example of an extra that fans grew to love. For all that, I love the David's, Hodges', Bobby's, and Archie's of the show... I think they're pretty important.

4. MrsWillows

MrsWillows Rookie

From the main characters, i think could be Sara, i like the character, but she bored me sometimes.
    From outside the main characters, could be Sophia.
    Even i hate Eacklie, i think his the evil guy on the show, he brings the conflict, and you need that on the show.

5. Jorja_Rain

Jorja_Rain Lab Technician

Seeing as so many people dislike So F ia, I'm rooting for Louise getting her own show :D . And while she's at it, she can take Jorja along with her :).

6. mugs

mugs Witness

i don't now maybe that lab tech (the one in lab rat that got the others to help him find the killer while pretending that it was grissom's orders)

7. Jorja_Rain

Jorja_Rain Lab Technician

^I think you're referring to Hoodges. I can certainly live without him, as well, but my girlfriend couldn't :p . She finds him incredibly funny ;).

8. Maryse

Maryse Lab Technician

yeah i dont care too much for Sofia or Sarah, but if there is no Sarah, then there will be a big change in the show..

sometimes.....changes can be good!!

9. zupa_fly

zupa_fly Prime Suspect

I think I could live without Warrick, and only because he has had so little screen time lately that I have forgotten about his character. It's up to TPTB to make him interesting again.

10. greg_sara_love

greg_sara_love CSI Level One

i can really really REALLY live without Hodges...to me, hes irritating... :p

11. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Just making note that I have changed the title only in the form of getting rid of the caps for the whole subject.

As to who can I live without, while I can live without them all, I just don't want to. :)

12. Lizn8rFoxy

Lizn8rFoxy Lab Technician

Ecklie!!! uh i really really dont like that guy!

13. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

I so agree. :p But I think i could live without Hodges too.

14. Maryse

Maryse Lab Technician

oh yes...definelty withour him, however, he causes trouble and sometimes trouble is good

as for Hodges...you have to admit that he has given us the comic relief that greg used to do...i say Hogdes has to stay

15. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

I think I could live without Catheirne. Don't get me wrong, I think she is a good character, but it annoys me sometimes how she uses her sexuality all the time and I find her a tad too dramatic at times as well. Although I could live without her, I don't want to lol because it is nice to see a strong, confident, single mother on tv.