Marg/Catherine #6.0: Totally Thud Worthy

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by SunsetBoulevard, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Oh yeah. That end of LHB was so amazing. Heartbreakingly beautiful, just like the bit in BtK

2. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Yeah. That's why I said it was Marg's best chance since her last nod (LHB for season 3). Actually, IMO the BTK scene was even better than the scene in LHB. If it was in another show instead of CSI, Marg would probably get nominated, but we'll never know now. Anyway, there are still Golden Globes and the SAGs. I'm not really concerned whether Marg gets a nod or not although I do think she deserves one. I know she's MY #1. :) I'm just glad that we most likely will see her at the SAGs again. ;)

3. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I agree, I think that the BTK scene was better than LHB. They were both beautiful. And yeah, we should see her at the SAGs - supporting hubby ;)

4. JangoBear

JangoBear Lab Technician

Absoulutely kaylyne. No amount of dialogue could tell the story better than what Marg can convey with just her eyes. I just want her recognized again for this level of skill that most actors/actresses don't have.

Hate to break anyone's bubble but it's doubtful that the Golden Globes will even acknowledge her. If Marg was on a cult show that struggled in the ratings or the hot, young show at the time then sure, they'd be tripping over themselves to say how brilliant she was. :rolleyes:

5. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I agree with kaylyne too
    I like the processing scene the best from BTK I rather than all the drama in BTK II.

It's been said that maybe the whole Lindsey/kidnapping storyline should have been spead out throughout the rest of the season instead of packing it into an episode. I personally think it would have played out better. Possibly that is why Marg is not up for the Emmy, too much drama in one episode instead of over several.

I like LHB for the same reason, you saw her internal struggle with the death of Eddie and only at the end do we see her breakdown.

We all know Marg is a fantastic actress :D even when she is in movies like Species which was on Fox last night ;)

6. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I always love watching/listening to LHB on dvd with the commentary, and how the director talks about how Marg was so totally focused while shooting that episode. He mentioned that he had never seen her in that type of mode before. He thought there was something wrong with her, but she said no, she was just concentrating. Then at the end of the episode where they all mention how Marg could kick all of their butts.

DO we know anything about season 7 dvds yet? I wonder if they'll have Marg do any commentary for BTK2.

7. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

Yay for Marg commentaries. I love them. They are the best :]

8. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

LOL I'm with you, Jango. I really don't think Marg will ever get another nod for CSI from the Golden Globes. The voters of the Golden Globes are journalists after all. However, I do hope she'll at least show up and bring us some more eye candy. :D I know it's not very possible, either, because she's got nothing for people to gossip about and that kind of disqualifies her from the invite list. :D But we know she'll show up at the SAGs, don't we? ;)

9. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

And not only will she show up at the SAGs, but she'll show up with Alan - and Alan + Marg = Guaranteed Cuteness.

10. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

^^ that would be cute Marg+Alan at the SAG awards
    Since he is the president

11. Lizn8rFoxy

Lizn8rFoxy Lab Technician

when are the SAG awards?

12. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

The Screen Actors Guild Awards. All of the voters of the SAGs are actors registered at the Screen Actors Guild so they're considered the most professional awards for actors. The reason why we think Marg will show up at the SAGs is that Alan is the current president of the SAG and we know how supportive Marg is when it comes to her family, especially Alan. :)

13. Lizn8rFoxy

Lizn8rFoxy Lab Technician

When is it going to be on?

14. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

15. marg_fan

marg_fan Dead on Arrival

I also agree they should have submitted BTK part #1 instead of part #2. I almost got physically ill watching part #1. Especially the shower scene at the end. Marg brilliantly portrayed the expressions of shock, disbelief and sadness in that scene. Part #2 lost most if not all that powerful imagery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.