Torchwood

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Clarrisani, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

I think season 2 will air in April/June/July here in Australia next year. Took us a while to get season 1. And I wonder how the flooding is effecting the filming. I know London is at risk, but is Cardiff?

2. mugs

mugs Witness

i'm not sure how bad wales is but i think the water that is affecting england started out in wales.

3. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

They just moved Torchwood to 12am here in Australia. Big outcry amongst the fans. The reason for the move is poor ratings for the last episode, but the last episode was on an hour late because Big Brother ran an hour overtime and the Torchwood fans got fed up and went to bed. Gotta love the Ten Network...

4. NEGU

NEGU Witness

Just started watching this show cos Clarrisani said it’s good :lol:
    I usually download it like the way I watch CSI and have just finished to ep6.
    gotta say, It’s the most unique show I ever had and has much to think about.

5. never_again

never_again Witness

Yay, there's a Torchwood thread!

I loved it when it aired here, especially the finale. (The last two episodes, they were shown as one long episode here.)

Most of my friends that watched it didn't think it was very good, and I didn't think it was as good as it made out to be ("A darker, grittier, more adult Doctor Who"). But I still really enjoyed.

6. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

I love torchwood- It should be starting in England again soon... Hold on I'll see if i can find a link... Jack was in the last 3 episodes of the last Doctor Who season... That was the best season soo far. IT rocks.

Heres a link to the Doctor Who website... webpageBBC

webpageWiki

Unsure when the new season of Torchwood is going to be on English screens. However this site is good for everything tv... web pageDigitaltv

7. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Torchwood starts in England in January - I've been keeping tabs so I know when to download. Word is that Australia may not pick up the second season - the idiots. Another rumour is that, given the events of "Utopia/Sound of Drums/Last of the Time Lords" in Doctor Who, Jack is going to be much like he was in season one of Doctor Who - quirky, flirty, bit of a show off and downright amusing. He's very dark in season one of Torchwood. Very dark.

Ooo, "Countrycide". I do like that episode. It's my favourite of the season. Keep watching, NEGU. My favourite pairing turns canon in episode 8 (although there is a brief flash of posibility in episode 4 - just that they're not actually together at that point).

8. NEGU

NEGU Witness

I’ve finally watched up to ep13 and fallen in love with Ianto. Jack/Ianto, love the pairing. When I first saw it, I didn’t notice like I always do(poor gaydar). I had to rewatch those Clarrisani(thanks for that ;)) pointed out. And OMG.. It’s AWESOME!! The beauty’s hidden, but still there. And Gwen is bugging me, too.

January is too far away. They’re gonna have to film it quickly more than that :D

9. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

*is shocked* How could you not notice it, NEGU!? It was there from episode one - the whole "he looks good in a suit"/"careful sir, that's harrassment" thing with grins on their faces. But 'The Keep Killing Suzie' was definitely when it went canon ( Jack + Ianto + stopwatch = <3 ).

Gwen bugs me too, actually. There's just something about her that doesn't sit right with me. Owen does the same thing. And I'm in love with Ianto too, now. Did you know, after Jack, he is everyone's favourite character? And he was supposed to be nothing more than a background character when needed? Fingers crossed for more Ianto in season 2.

10. NEGU

NEGU Witness

Yeah, I’ve seen those but at first failed to catch the subtexts. But I really liked Jack saying “I need to hear those beautiful Welsh vowels” And in like the harassment thing I kind of felt strange, but now I understand what it subjectives. Hmm, about that stopwatch, it’s really good to see just two of them kind of suggesting lol But I’m still a little confused about that. Did Jack give a stopwatch to Ianto before? If so, I wanna find it

Ohh, Owen, I didn’t like him on the first place either(actually he’s in the last line), but they’re the team. No matter my favoritisms they have to do the things together I guess. Just more lovable Ianto and hot scenes with his man. I’ll be appreciated :) :)

11. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Jack tossed Ianto the stopwatch just before they start resurrecting the bodies in "They Keep Killing Suzie" and Ianto kept it. Owen even gave him a hard time about it, which Ianto very nicely countered before shooting Jack a very interesting look.

I loved the "vowels" line. Pity about when it was said. In an interview Gareth David-Llyod (aka Ianto) said that the writers recognised the chemistry between Jack and Ianto and built on it. It's good to see a show actually doing that.

12. NEGU

NEGU Witness

Ahh, now I see it!! The stopwatch has come from that. How could do I miss that :lol:
    It’s definitely a good thing that they actually noticed the chemistry and built on it.
    TPTB are gonna have to learn it!! They seem so silly now. Thanks Clarrisani ;)

13. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Hay negu are you watching season one of torchwood?? So when does the last season of Doctor Who show- where ever in the world you are from... Over here in England it has finished...

Cant wait for torchwood- it will rock!!

14. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

I can tell you here in Australia we have Doctor Who and Torchwood running on different stations, and if Ten doesn't dump Torchwood all together, Torchwood's "End of Days" should screen shortly before (or maybe a week after) Doctor Who's "Utopia". So nicely done, given they're on different channels.

How about ou, Negu?

15. NEGU

NEGU Witness

Oops, sorry. I kinda read this late. Slept again although it’s already a morning. My head’s still mixed up.. Gah, I wanted to sleep more but the weather’s so hot in here, makes my body sticky all around with sweat. Summer is torturing me.

I live in Korea, and I haven’t heard about anything related about airing Doctor Who though there’re many fans in here I assume. I heard once they were airing Torchwood some cable channel, but the blessed areas were too narrow, so it’s useless. In my country, those who want to see foreign countries’ drama or other things tend to find what they want through the internet. It’s well much spread in here and that's the problem(it's illegal).

I editted some, I think some pics aren't allowed in here :)