Running

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Calihan, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I've done that once. Because I couldn't run Cooper's Test, teacher forced me to have another test, which was exactly that Shuttlerun test. No one had ever done that in that school :p

For the record... please select Cooper's test :p

2. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

They had those two different names for the same test. One teacher used one word, the teacher we had the year after used the other. Just trying to confuse us. Damn teachers! :mad:

3. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Oh yeah I had to do the shuttlerun test when I was 13. I was the best girl off my class. I ran 6.5 minutes :p I didn't want to run any longer.. best girl is good enough for me. There were guys who keps running for 15 minutes. Not me!

4. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

Shuttleruntest is with those beeps... that you have the lines and you have to run between them and have to be at the other line when the next beep goes.

Cooper's test is 12 minute long run and that you have to have a certain distance completed.

Shuttlerun test was in those days that I was very in shape so a piece of cake. It stopped at level 12 and I was always still running back then! We have grades for school that goed from 1 to 10... And girls had the level they made +1 and boys the level itself... So basicly I had a 13+ as a grade but our system could not handle that :( :lol:

Cooperstest was easy too. 12 minutes... Don;t no if I could do that now. probably I can Don't know for sure.

5. poison girl

poison girl Pathologist

Our Coopertest (test de Cooper here) was 15 minutes, not 12 like you.

And I don't remember doing shuttleruntest, but we did one that was run ten metters and back as fast as you can to see how many rounds you could do in a minute.

6. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

I don't like running. I think unlike some other sports where the scenary changes and stuff, where you have to move according to something or whatever, running is just boring and always the same, so I keep thinking about how long I have to keep running :p

I did Shuttlerun test for the first time this year, and the beeps are kind of annoying. Especially because in my class boys did it first, and the girls were supposed to count their points. And the beeps and the woman talking confused them and us :rolleyes: But then we switched, and we were waiting for the same thing, but my teacher put music to the girls in the background, mixed with the test sound, so you could barely hear the beeps.
    I give up before really needing to...Because we should only stop after our second fault. So I didn't hear the beep, and I knew I couldn't make it to the other side before the beep again. I should have stopped and wait for the other beep to continue and running to the other side. But instead I decided to pretend that I forgot that rule and was like "too bad I lose" :p I was also a bit worried because I noticed that a girl that quit before me had passed out, so I wanted to check things.
    Anyway, I just know that when I finished I only saw people lying on the gym't floor :lol: I joined!

But this test was funnier than the usual one, running and running and running until reaching a certain number of laps...

7. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Ironically, I've had to do that test today as part of my assessment training to get into the UK police force. :eek: It's a nightmare test to do! :lol: I did it at school when I was, like, 14 or something. At that age you have so much energy and I got something silly like level 17. Doing it when your 26 is a lot harder. :lol:

8. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

OHHH lmao we called that 'The Beep Test'. How original. :p That was DEATH. I only got to level 9 *ashamed* I used to be a really good runner.. I swear. :p Somewhere inbetween I got lazy. :lol:

9. CSI_LV_AF

CSI_LV_AF Witness

Being in the military, we have to run. We are tested every year on a 1.5 mile run, sit-ups, push-ups and they measure the circumference of our abdomen. I love running, but I am taking a break right now and letting a stress fracture in my shin heal. I guess I was running too much on concrete and asphalt! About a year ago, I was running between 4-5 miles 3-4 times a week. The most I ever ran at one time was a 10k, and I ran it around 55 minutes, I was proud of myself for that one. During one deployment, I was running an average of 7 miles in 60 minutes about 5-6 times a week for 4 months. Gosh, that is a lot of numbers I threw out there, sorry! But, yeah, I love running. :D

10. lilbug

lilbug CSI Level Two

I LOVE RUNNING! you feel so accomplished after, well at least i do. 'nuff said :D

11. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

I love running also. I'm not that good right now but I haven't been working on my mile for awhile. If you think 9:30 is good for a mile, then Im good :lol: (Yes, I know that's horrible!)

Im sure someone answered this already but I'd like to give my thoughts. Yeah, that's most likely a stitch. I hate those! It most often occurs when your breathing isn't regular. Avoid talking when we run or jog. Like if you are running with a friend, try to aviod lots of conversation because it makes your breathing unequal...Did tht make sense? Anyways when you do get them you should slow down and take deep breathes so that they can get equal again. Drink some water if you brought some then start back up again :)

12. GottaLoveVegas

GottaLoveVegas Lab Technician

I think we do the Cooper Test, but we call it the Pacer test at my school. Does this sound familiar..."The test will begin in thirty seconds, after a five-second countdown. Remember to run in a straight line and run as long as possible. If you stop running the test is over...."
    Sheesh, my friend and I had to do that once a week in PE! Having asthma I hated the thing...plus I hated just running back and forth in the same space.

Oddly enough, that friend (also has asthma) and I have picked up running outside 3x/week on our own this summer. We started just a couple weeks ago so it's still tough, and it's hot but I like it. We take my dogs with us-I have three, and two are young and one is old. We each take a pup and run, and then go back to the house, get the fat one and walk it again to cool down. We get worn out about the same time, too, so we walk a bit and then are good again.

Sorry if I'm going on, but I always used to hate running but now I'm loving it. I've toned up muscles already that I never knew you used for running! :lol: I think the changing scenery helps...and the sno-cones I make after we're done :D

13. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

At least in our Cooper test you could walk if you wanted that 12mins. I don't remember what was the distance... was it for 16 year old guy, 3600m mean he is in good shape or something.

14. CSI_Duquesne01

CSI_Duquesne01 CSI Level Two

We called it the Pacer test so you could learn to pace yourself. By the way, the music sucked and music is one of the things that keeps me going.

15. GottaLoveVegas

GottaLoveVegas Lab Technician

Oh jeez, the music! I had forgotten -no, cross that out...I had blocked that out, lol. I always called it the weather channel music :p

Okay so maybe it was what you called the shuttlerun test, not the cooper test. I just re-read one of the older entries.

What we did for shuttle run was really short..it was part of the physical fitness awards tests and we just had to run and get erasers and bring them back. I think I was just under 10 seconds or something.