Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Re: Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion & Posting - Part 1

I know that. It was just wishful thinking.

2. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I gotta go with S. Bright on this one.

Overall this is another case of 'CSI in Danger'; and while it not 'plagarism' by defination it is an idea that has been used again and again for the past three seasons.

Season five was Nick in danger. Season six it was Brass. Season seven it was Sara. Now the only difference was this season was a lead-up which isn't exactly copying Tarantino-but it could have been ended a lot differently sans the soap opera ending we nonGSR fans-and yes there are a number of us-were subjected to.

3. S_Bright

S_Bright Police Officer

You said it yourself, pretty similar. First off the kindapping, and then the taking her out to a desolate part and burying her under something. The culprit is crazy and not able or willing to divulge where the victim is.

Enough for plagiarism. Let's not talk about the scenes in DL (where they break into the room and we see it as if they had found Natlie but haven't. A total rip-off of them believing they found Nick in GD. A bad rip.off to boot after seeing LD. Full of plotholes.

This is just ridiculous and not worthy of the CSI I used to love.Stealing actul scenes has to be a al time low.

4. Annwn

Annwn Rookie

Not that the producers (or anyone else) will care - but 'Without a Trace' isn't aired here (or if it is, I've never seen it), so any 'crossover' will be completely lost on us.

5. poppylvsgriss

poppylvsgriss Police Officer

Annwn, if your in the UK then without a trace is on more 4 if you've got it. been pushed to the back of the schedules really. dunno why though - i really like it! :D

6. mugs

mugs Witness

without a trace is also showing on channel 4 at 10:50am every week day.

in ireland it is on TG4 on monday nights (it is repeats at the moment)

7. Hottie_Cath

Hottie_Cath Corpse

Here's what Eric Szmanda had to say about his character and the Season 8 premiere:

"On screen, Szmanda says, he's about to meet with producers in hopes of finally getting a love interest for his character. "I do need a love interest or something," he said. "People need to see how Greg lives outside of work. We've gotten to see that from every other one of the CSIs." The first episode of the new season he describes as "probably the most suspenseful and violent episode we've ever had."

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2007-07-19-cbs-party_N.htm

8. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Greg hopeful get a new love interest with someone is not Sara. They didn't said anything about Nick, did they? Don't get me wrong, Greg do need love interest outside of work, so it Nick.

9. Annwn

Annwn Rookie

Explains why I've never heard of it, I'm ususally asleep ( I work nights) but thanks for that, might try to catch it when I get a couple of days off.

10. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I'd love to see how Greg lives outside of work! Oh and Without a trace has moved back to it's old time slot after CSI so the crossover eps will air back to back. (in the US)

Eric says the season opener will be suspensful and violent, I am looking forward to it.

11. Annika

Annika Prime Suspect

Germany has the two shows on two competing networks. Nice huh?

12. BabyBunting

BabyBunting Witness

GSRlover just posted this link over on the GSR shipper thread: www.tvtattle.com - but I don't know how reliable this source is? it says about Sara and Grissom having seperate journies and giving the GSR a bit of break for this season, but what's the point of telling us this? surely this then defeats the purpose of swearing everyone to secrecy over the "does she live or not" thing?

it also says about Billy doing a crossover with CSI:NY - yet someone on here (i've tried looking back, can't see who said it) said that Billy had refused to do a Miami or NY crossover?

13. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Wp said that in the past when he was upset about the crossovers taking away from the original CSI, that is one of the reasons he was thinking of leaving but the last I heard he has since mellowed out on that matter.

This new spoiler implies that GSR will be over but also implies that Sara will live. I can live with that and I hope this info is correct. This link gives a little more detail about the GSR thing... Orlando Sentinal

14. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

I agree with Wojo... I'm fine with Sara living as long as they take a break on GSR.

The CSI and CSI: NY crossover thing would be SOOOOOOO awesome... but since CSI's already doing a crossover with WAT, do you think they'd do CSI: NY too? Hmmm... Can't wait to find out. :]

15. BabyBunting

BabyBunting Witness

yeah i'm not surprised they're going to let the GSR arc "breathe" this season - s/7 was quite GSR heavy, it only makes sense that s/8 allows other characters to come to the fore, though it'll be interesting to see how they handle it, esp as the relationship has just been outed, the characters are living together etc though from the sounds of it they were very happy with the whole GSR thing, but they're just going to put it on the backburner for now and let them be Grissom and Sara and not GSR (IYKWIM)

by the sounds of it, s/8 is going to be a season where Greg is really going to shine though and get some good stroylines. I'm quite looking forward to it, he's a wonderful character and i've really enjoyed watching Greg develop over the years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.