*PLEASE READ* Re: HP And The Deathly Hallows (NO SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

As most of you know Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows is released on Saturday 21st July. As Harry Potter is extremely popular, myself and SunsetBoulevard feel we need to address the situation regarding spoilers.

To ensure, as best we can, that know one will get spoiled before they have read the book, the Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows thread is going to remain spoiler free. This means that:

ANY INFORMATION REGARDING THE PLOT LINE OF THE BOOK MUST BE IN SPOILER CODE.

Anyone who revels the out come of the book or any information, which would be considered a spoiler, will face the consequences.

I apologise if this seems a little harsh or you feel it unfair not to discuss openly what has happened in the book, but to protected the posters on this board from being spoiled after such anticipation would be horribly cruel. For those of you that will read the book in 1 hour, more power to you, but a lot of us are unable to read the book that fast. Myself and SunsetBoulevard are trying to do our best to ensure that know one is let down. Anybody who notices a spoiler without a spoiler code is to notify me immediately via PM or the Moderator notify button.

I have played around with the idea of opening a second Deathly Hallows thread in a week or so, purely for the spoilers, where you can discuss the outcome of the book without the use of spoiler codes. If you have any suggestions they would be more than welcome. :)

I need a Read and Understood from everyone who plans on posting in the Harry Potter thread.

2. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

Re: *PLEASE READ* RE: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows

OMG thank you! *loves the mods and gives them presents* :D
    I'm still going to go AWOL though, I wouldn't be able to survive if my HP was spoiled for me. :rolleyes:
    Oh, and you might want to put a 'no spoilers' on the title, because I was kind of worried about coming in here in case there was a spoiler. :rolleyes: Yeah, I am a self confessed freak. :rolleyes:

Anywho, yes, most definitely read and understood. :p

3. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Thanks Tink and Sunset, this is much appreciated!

4. Tinkerbell

Oh sweetie, your more than welcome! We felt we had to mention something about spoilers. :)

A very good idea! I've amended the title to include No Spoilers. ;)

*ETA* I will add in regards to your AWOL comment, I totally understand and I recommend that if you are a hard core Harry Potter fan, until you've read the book, it is advisable to avoid the thread altogether. Although it is remaining spoiler free, it's probably best to be extra careful.

5. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Read and understood, though I wasn't going to spoil it for anyone since that wouldn't be fun or fair.

6. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Okay, read and understood. Not sure if i'm planning on posting in the thread anyway - I've been avoiding it so far because i don't even want to read speculation, lol!
    And hopefully I'll have my copy in (looks at watch)15.5 hours <g>

7. Fool4love

Fool4love Police Officer

Read and understood. Good idea Tinks, i was going to mention this but it seems you have beaten me to it :)

8. YumSnickers

YumSnickers Victim

Thanks! Very good idea :) I was worried about that.
    Read and understood! :D

9. Rellaaaa

Rellaaaa Lab Technician

Thank you!!! :D

Read and understood :)

10. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Thanks for this thread and the warnings about the spoilers. I have been avoiding all Harry Potter threads and media coverage because I want to find out for myself what happens.

11. luvincsi

luvincsi Pathologist

I'll get the book by December so I want to remain apoiler free by then. :D Read and understood... and thanks! :D

Congratulations and Happy Reading to all who will have the book! :D

12. grumpy

grumpy Prime Suspect

read and understood :) :)

13. mj0621

mj0621 Pathologist

thank you. :( i wish my 'friend' read this. she was excited and told me the whole thing (endings and such)... I didn't read the book yet. *sobs* well, there goes the excitement.

14. Tinkerbell

PLEASE READ

Okay everyone, tomorrow I will be opening a HP And The Deathly Hallows Spoiler Thread. This means that everyone who has read the book will be able to discuss the book in detail without the use of the spoiler codes. I strongly recommend that anyone who has not yet finished the book, not to go into the thread until they have, as this thread will contain details of the ending and everything leading up until that point.

In a nutshell, there will be two threads, the currant thread, which will remain spoiler free for those who wish to post comments in spoiler code and are only up to a certain chapter in the book, and the new thread (opening tomorrow), which is for those who have finished the book and want to discuss everything without the hassle of putting in the spoiler codes. :)

There will be a spoiler warning in the title of the new thread, so you will be able to tell the difference between each thread.

Any questions please let me know via PM. :)

15. athlov

athlov Guest

Re: *PLEASE READ* Re: HP And The Deathly Hallows (NO SPOILER

Read and understood. :D Yay, I can't wait to talk about it with other people. I finished it a half hour ago. ;)