Meeting Girls/Women

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Calihan, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Calihan

Calihan Captain

I'm sick and tired of being single. Since this site has a lot of women on it and want to know where should I go to meet girls/women. One of my problems is my school since I go to a small private school which makes it harder to meet people near where I live.

So any ideas as to where to go to meet girls/women. I should say I'm 16 and will be 17 at the end of August. I really wouldn't feel right going out with someone younger than me. As for an age difference I'd say I'd date someone up to 5 years older than me.

I'm afraid that my personality would make them hate me.

Any input is welcome and ple

2. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

I'm looking for a woman, too. It is hard since Emily Procter got that restraining order against me. :)

Any rich beautiful single women that are Trekkies and CSI fans? I am a 55, unemployed, poor, weak, stupid, ugly, fat couch potato. (At least I am truthful.)

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Well, my grandson is your age, and just got his first job at a fast/food place and has met scads of girls in his workplace and customers.. and how about your local recreation center, or church, or a teenage center..and there's school :rolleyes: or heck, go walk the streets :D just kidding!

4. Calihan

Calihan Captain

Actually that's probably where I'd find my type of girl.

I have a very different personality that you rarely see on this site.

5. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

LOL, kinda worked for me once but I wouldn't recommend it. :p

btw, what is wrong with your personality, Calihan? The world is full of diverse people, there must be the right person for everyone, provided of course one wants to find a partner.

What I've heard time and time again is that the more you actively look the fewer are your chances to find someone. Just take it slow and don't sit around waiting. Go out, have fun, you might meet the girl when you least expect it. Yes, that does sound trite, I didn't believe in that either. :rolleyes:

6. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

I agree with MiaCharlize. Don't go looking. Whenever I look for something (or someone ) I can't find it. But when I don't expect it, it all of a sudden comes to me.

And your personality? It can't be any more off than mine. There is a girl out there wondering where the hell you are cus she wants to meet you!

7. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

you too??? :lol:

i agree with MiaCharlize, the best things happen when you least expect it. then again, when you tell yourself you aren't looking for someone you actually look harder so its pretty much a lose-lose situation. its like trying not to scratch poison ivy...the more you think about it the more it itches.

god, i'm not very helpful at all am i? lol i'm the worst person ever to give advice on women, i can't seem to find one that doesn't get on my nerves after a few months. maybe its me...nah...i'm freaking fantastic lol.

8. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

You're only 16! What's the rush? You'll be in college, or a work place in a couple years. There are more girls in college then you'll know what to do with.

9. CSI_Duquesne01

CSI_Duquesne01 CSI Level Two

Well I am a lady and I go out quiet often and the places where I find the most beautiful women are everyday places. It could depend on what side of town you are on but I see lots of attractive faces at simple places.

10. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

Go to a social club, recreation club, join a sportsclub, when your religious a church maybe, if not this school maybe college/uni.., your work etc.

The guy I'm falling in love with is 8 years older and when I first saw him I thought he was such a weird guy :lol:

11. Calihan

Calihan Captain

That's pretty good compared to me, I have a crush on my English teacher who's 12 years older than me and married.

12. Luveykat

Luveykat Police Officer

^^
    That's quite funny to me, I'm a tutor (I work with only 1 student at a time) and I swear half of my students (which are, oddly enough almost all guys) have crushes on me. The sad thing is, at least one of them I would date if he were older (but I'm not married either)

As too your problem, I don't know about your town, but mine has an awesome downtown. We have a park, and tons of little artsy shops, and just a really nice atmosphere there. It's a great place to walk around and just talk to people (even if you don't find somebody to date, it's cool to meet new people)

13. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I think everyone has a crush on some teacher at the some point in their school years :lol: :lol:

Then I think everyone who lives in a city should never complain about "there's no one there" or there's nothing to do.

Come to live where I am :p my town has bit less than 3000 people and actually our neighbourtown centre is closer to me than our own town. Anyways... most of young people still here are probably 16 because they usually leave that age when going to vocational school in other town. Those who go to Upper Secondary School may stay here until they are 19.

And those who still are here... they are related to me :p

Anyways... like someone metioned, looking is quite... usually they appear when you least expect (at least men do :rolleyes: ) and just joining different kind of groups and doing stuff as volunteer or something something gets you to know people and who knows who will find you ;)

14. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

Joining a group is a really great idea to meet a girl. That way, it'll be easy to find a girl who shares something in common, such as an interest. Maybe you could join a bike club? It'll be easier than approaching a stranger & going "Hey, do you like CSI?". Plus, it'll be in an open environment with other people so it won't be as awkward as say, a first date. If it doesn't work, you can remain friends & who knows, maybe she'll introduce you to a cute friend of hers.

Also, being single isn't the worst thing in the world. It's better to wait for the right girl than it is to rush into a relationship for the sake of being with somebody. And most of the time, you don't care much for that person as it was a spur of the moment thing. I'm single & I enjoy it as I meet tons of guys all the time. That would never happen if I was stuck with a guy due to pressure ;). Either way, good luck!

15. Calihan

Calihan Captain

About the going into town and hanging out, I had a couple questions. If I go into town where do teen girls hang out and what should I say at first.