Anna/Lindsay thread #4 - "You've got friends, kiddo!"

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by dutch_treat, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SvartaBaskern

SvartaBaskern Witness

It's interesting that Anna and Hill Harper have worked together in an another series called The Handler, which was also a crime series. Has anyone seen that one? It only aired one season in 2003 at CBS.

Btw, when I was looking at tv.com I came across Anna's page. Does anyone know where the quotes on that page come from (an interview perhaps?) and especially when Anna said those (referring to the D/L-question :D)?

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^Yeah, those quotes are from the CSI Files interview with Anna, which can be found here.

3. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

I saw "Sleight Out of Hand" the other day, and I liked it. I like angst, therefore I like the all courtroom scene and everything she was going trough, as just that. But analizing her development, I didn't like the way Linds deal with it, because as many others, I don't think it fits with season 2 Lindsay. But I can try to understand that a person can change when remembering a traumatic situation from the past, that seemed over but was not afterall. Either way, I don't think we can blame Anna on that :rolleyes: Also, I agree that things were rushed, I don't know if it was because of her pregnancy or not, but I felt everything happened too fast :rolleyes: I think we could have waited maybe another season to know that. And she could continue to be the funny light Linds that we knew....But I do think they wanted her and Danny to be together, and that they thought this would be the best idea, putting her in a vulnerable situation so that she would need help.

I really just hope that they don't stress D/L too much on season 4 (though part of me has a bad time saying that :p) I really feel like they should have own developments, apart from being together. They can be, we know it, it's all good, now go further with personal storylines for them.

A live chat would be really cool, but obviously they are difficult to arrange. Interviews are great, though :)

4. csiboy

csiboy Dead on Arrival

csiboy - Please refrain from making disparaging remarks about those with opinions different from your own. People who dislike Lindsay are not psychotic. What makes this the best board around is that everyone is entitled to freely voice their opinions on all characters without being attacked or having their sanity called into question.

[/QUOTE]

Point taken, Mrs. G. Just can't help noticing that you and Top41 in particular have it in for the character and the actress. You also frequently make the point that people with opinions on one end of the spectrum should stay in one part of the chat space, while people with other sorts of opinions should stay in other parts of the chat space. But you guys vent your distaste wherever you like. Maybe it's because you are moderators so you feel entitled to say whatever you want wherever you want. At any rate, sorry for casting aspersions...

5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

No, on the contrary, you're the only one bringing it in here, a generally positive thread about Anna/Lindsay.

No one is saying positive opinions have to stay in one place and negative opinions in another--to segregate like that completely defeats the purpose of a discussion board. And, on the contrary, plenty of people defend Anna/Lindsay in the "Why Lindsay Must Go" thread, which is fine and again, makes for good debate, while we try to keep most of the negative stuff out of this thread, so Anna/Lindsay fans can enjoy it.

The problem with your post was that you insulted other posters, which isn't allowed here. How would you react to a post claiming all love of Anna/Lindsay is "psychotic"? Not well, I'd imagine. Debate the opinion; don't attack the person.

Any further comments need to be taken to PM to prevent further derailing the thread.

Back on topic...

I think I've seen about 6 episodes of Medical Investigation--I really enjoyed it. Anna is playing a very different character than Lindsay in that show. I'm surprised it got cancelled, because I thought it was pretty good!

6. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

^ I watched the 1st ep of MI last tuesday and I quite liked it too. Anna's character didn't have a big part in that ep, but the scene she did with a girl that was a bully victim was very good.

It was a bit strange at first to 'hear' Lindsay and see a totally different character come on screen, but she pretty soon became Eva Rossi...hope that makes sense... :D

7. SvartaBaskern

SvartaBaskern Witness

Does anybody know if it's the real Anna who is writing at this site?
    http://www.bebo.com/anna-belknap

Btw, Medical Investigation started to air once more at TV4 in Sweden 19th of July. Totally missed it!

8. MONTANA101

MONTANA101 Victim

i wouldn't say that it is her!!! look at who her other half is!! it think it's just a fan site cause i been on there a few times....got 90% in the quiz

9. SvartaBaskern

SvartaBaskern Witness

Can they actually do this? I mean, at first glance you could get it as it is Anna who is behind it. Strange.

10. dl_shipper34

dl_shipper34 CSI Level One

While it would be great if it were really Anna running the site, the chances of this are low. Anna is a busy person; she wouldn't have much time to come onto the site. Maybe she checks it every once in a while, and maybe she did write that little blurb on the main page...but I don't think she would have a lot of time to be on there. Unfortunately I don't believe it is really Anna.

11. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Uh . . . there's no way this is real. The writing style is that of a fangirl, i.e, using short hand like :p and lol and posting all those question and answer things in their blogs. Plus, if you view "Carmine Giovinazzo's" profile it states he's married to Vanessa Ferlito. This site is disturbing. Who the hell posts a profile with an actor's name and writes the information gleaned from official bios. as if they are the actor?! Not to mention making up fantasy parts of their lives?! WTF??? Even if they are sane enough to know what they're doing and think it's just fun and games, it's still disturbing. Bebo.com seriously needs to pay more attention to their members' content.

ETA: The site's main page explains it is the same type of thing as MySpace and Facebook. There are profiles from real people. Why the obvious fake ones aren't removed baffles me.

12. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

^^Yeah, unfortunately I have to agree with you, I don't think there is any chance that she is associated with that site :rolleyes: Just because. And even if we look at the coments, they are from CSI related members. Which I think are probable just runned by fans. I think it's great that fans make sites for their favorite stars, but I think there should be included a "only a fan site" somewhere. And it shouldn't be taken like Anna writes it. Plus, it doesn't seem like a goos site, or it is just me? Sorry if it sounds stupid, but it's really the impression it gives me. If it is runned by Anna, it doesn't seem like so.
    Personally, I only know "Fragile Fighter". Does anyone know any other cool site about her?

Anyway, dutch, I am happy that you got to see her in MI (and I am also a bit late, I know :p). I also caught a little bit of her in "Without a Trace", and it was cool to see her playing another character ;) but Lindsay is always special, because before liking the actress, I like that character!

And just because I adore this picture (used it for a long time as my avatar in here), here you go! Credits to crimelab.nl I believe
    [​IMG]
    The more I look at it, the more I love it :D

13. dl_shipper34

dl_shipper34 CSI Level One

PA, I was looking at the friends list and I saw the blurb about Carmine...yeah it is definitely freaky. Unfortunately there are people out there who think this is all some sort of game *shakes head*

A long time ago, my friend believed she was talking over the Web with Brian Littrell from BSB. No way was that him, and no way is this Anna. Just some fan who is trying to make it look like Anna, which is pretty sad and lame.

Dani love, there's a terrific thread dedicated to Lindsay/Anna over at DLC. There is also a site called "Cold Sundays"

Cold Sundays

Anna Belknap fans

14. SvartaBaskern

SvartaBaskern Witness

Yeah, I thought so too. But I got confused when it didn't say that it was a fan site. Weird.

Any spoilers out there about Lindsay, which aren't about D/L? Don't get me wrong, I like D/L, but it would be interesting if she also had a story besides D/L.

I wonder if the murder of her friends is really behind her. It just vanished after the SOOH-episode. Just because they got the murderer it doesn’t have to mean that you stop thinking about it, or? Maybe TPTB thought everything was said and done in that case. And maybe they are right about that.

Maybe if they could have a murder case where Lindsay could show off her experiences from Montana. Like in the episode with the dead mermaid, when Lindsay explains to Sid why the girls hands looked why it did.

Well, I'm glad that I'm not included in TPTB. It's so hard to make up some good stories, especially those that everyone likes ... ;)

15. Kiane

Kiane Lab Technician

I happen to like Lindsay. Though I'm not thrilled with the D/L aspect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.