Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, May 8, 2007.

1. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

I think the acting was awesome, but I also agree that it was too short, I would have sat in the thetare for another hour, to see more of the book.

I just which more was kept in because in the book, the characters have more character.

2. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

I loved that bit too. :lol: I love the lesson stuff though, practicing magic and stuff it looks like so much fun. *wishes there was such thing*

IMO the movies have always been like this. :rolleyes: I remember seeing #1 the first time, I was like 'holy crap they're already meeting Fluffy?!' :lol: I agree with someone else that it was quite choppy, the editing wasn't the best, I can only assume that they filmed way more, but cut a HUGE amount, I would quite happily sit there all day, they don't need to cut anything. :lol:

The thing that irritated me the most though was the awful continuity. I know that they used different directors, but STILL, I was pissed. :lol: When we first saw Sirius in the fire in #4 they changed the story to him being in the coal of the fire. At the time I was irritated by that, because I thought that it would have had the same effect if they'd stuck to the book. Anywho, I accepted it, films need different visuals from books, I get it, but #5 they changed it again! :mad: They had Sirius suspended in the fire, idiots, at least stick to the previous movies if you're not going to follow the books. *sighs*
    Anyway, that's my little nitpick. :lol:

Oh, one more what happened to Sirius falling through a curtain? *glares at movie makers* :p The rest of the fight scenes were pretty brill, deviating from the books a lot, but what can you do. Dumbledore's and You Know Who's one was particularly awesome. Gotta love Ralph Fiennes. :D

Oooh, how cute was Grawp? :lol: The casting for Umbridge was brilliant as well. Snape and Harry's occlumency scene was fab. God, how could I forget the kiss?! :lol: :p

I'll shut up now, but I could go on forever, I'll let someone else waffle. :lol:

3. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

I'm going to see it tomorrow! :D

I had a dream last night that I went to see it and Snape wasn't in the movie at all! :lol:

Anyway, can anyone tell me how long the movie actually is? I've read a few posts about the movie being quite short.

4. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Tinkerbell, I saw it last night and I'd been told that it was 2 hours 20 minutes, but it was actually pretty much bang on 2 hours.

It was long enough for me, I love HP but to be honest the first 20 minutes kind of dragged, and I found it a little bit dull. But overall the film was great, darker than the previous ones, but still with some really great and humourous scenes. :) Grawp was great, Luna Lovegood was fantastic, and Umbridge was evil! Yeah, there was lots missing from the book, but it still worked. :)

5. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

I saw it 3 days ago, it was absolutely awesome. If I use a weird name, that's because the 95% of the names are translated to Hungarian.

LOVE LIST:
    -the way they got to Grimmauld Place
    -the dementors in the beggining, oh and then Dudley's face :D
    -the way Dumbledore escaped
    -the Dumbledore vs. Voldie scene
    -Bellatrix... awesome choice of actress
    -the scene with Snape's memories
    -the way the Weasley twins said goodbye to Hogwarts
    -the "I love you" chocolates (though I don't think it was in the book) :lol:
    -Luna... that girl played Loony Lovegood absolutely well!

DON'T LIKE LIST:
    -the actress who played Umbridge... shoulda been fatter, uglier and older
    -the Cho and Dumbledore's Army thingy (not telling more, the ones that have seen it, will understand, I'm not gonna spoil )
    -the ending scene, I thought it would be sadder.

6. never_again

never_again Witness

I went to see it today, it wasn't as exciting as I thought it was going to be. For one, the fight at the ministry wasn't actually fighting. It was as if it had been dulled down so the little children wouldn't get scared. And Sirius's head in the flames as Eggy said. Oh, and the dementors, I though they looked very good, but not like in the first film.

I loved Luna, though, and Bellatrix. Snapes memories were so sweet.

I think they cut out the wrong things though, I think they should have kept in the Hospital scene (although the scene with the picture was quite sad) and the galleons for Dumbledore's army.

7. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

Okay I'm going to go see it again Saturday. (I have a date :D)

Maybe I'll like it more.

I was really disappointed with how they cut out the hospital scene.

I'm not sure of it was this book or the 4th but I didn't like how they left out Hermoine's house elf thing. It gave her a bit more character.

8. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Thanks for the info Elsie! :)

Oooh, I can't wait until tomorrow. *squee*

9. mj0621

mj0621 Pathologist

it was quite disappointing on some/most scenes but it was ok i guess.

they cut the important scenes (and yummy scenes) so *shrugs*
    my mom thought it was political :p so that meant boring for her. i should really let them read the book :lol:

I LOVE the choices for the cast BUT too lil screen time for 'em! :lol: me likey Bellatrix, Umbridge (too pink though :p) oh and Tonks!

I sooo swooned over Snape's glimpse of past! awesomeness!

I think I should read ALL the books again before the new movie/book comes out so ill get all hints :lol:

10. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I saw HP the other night and liked it, but like most thought it was lacking some good stuff from the book. Sometimes imagination while reading is better than making it into a movie.

11. lilbug

lilbug CSI Level Two

I saw it the day it came out! And I must say I thought it was basically AMAZING! they skipped over some scenes but i still thought it was ok.

The fight scene was uber cool. I saw it in 3D!!! it was sweet.

Seeing Snape's memories was pretty interesting too.

If you notice though, none of the actors/actresses had many long lines. It was more action packed oriented.

12. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

I saw it the other day and I loved it! Im just wondering, because I didn't read the book, what kinds of things weren't in the movie that were in the book?

13. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

Its a great movie! The story goes fast and so do the images (the flashing newspaper headings were kind of annoying!) and I have to say you must have read the book to see it.

What I found rather silly was that a spell is used during the practices of Dumbledore's Army. Its Levicorpus. They use it as well when they fight the Death Eaters. Thing is.. Harry doesn't learn this spell untill Book 6, The Half Blood Prince. He finds the spell in his Potions book and uses it on Ron eventually. So that was off in the movie :cool:

But something (or 2 somethings!) compensated cause the actresses playing both Tonk and Bellatrix Lestrange were definitly worth looking at :devil:

14. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

:lol: We could be hear all day. :p Well, in the books Harry starts off by being under the window in amongst some flowers, listening to the news. (for obvious reasons) Things happen that'll take too long to explain, and he runs off and finds Dudley. In the books it's just Dudley and Harry there when the dementors attack, and they're not down a tunnel.
    Oh, and something I really wish they hadn't missed out was the Tonks/Lupin stuff. :(
    Oh, and the things that happen at the headquarters too. :rolleyes:
    I'll stop now, but you get the jist(sp?), the books are a lot better. ;)

I totally agree with you on the actresses SaraSidle_girl. :p But Tonks was supposed to have bright pink hair at one point, that would've been so cute. :)

15. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

Ive just seen in and I must agree it was simply breathtakin.

I love all the banter between Ron and Hermione. and the actress playing Luna was simply amazing. just like Helena Bonham Carter and Imelda Stauton. and George and Fred had their grand finale. I especially enjoyed the little hints of Ginny being heartbroken over the whole Cho/Harry thing

but the best one was definitely Daniel. he practicly stole the show and it was pure delight to watch him