Mac/Lindsay--All Dressed Up and Ready to Dance

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Top41, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Sini

Sini Dead on Arrival

Yeah, I did. Actually, I just made some more yesterday, but I'm making a few more before posting them to meltygoodness. I got inspired after rewatching a few bits of the episode.

2. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

Ha! I knew you made it! *evil laugh* You make amazing icons, hun. you just have this way of bringing more out of MeLty :) So complete props to you.

Are you making more?

3. Sini

Sini Dead on Arrival

Thank you :) And yeah, I am making more (coloured ones this time)... Hoping to be able to post tomorrow or so. I can't help it, I'm addicted. Also, every time I make some icons, sometime later I think how I could've done something better and so forth. MeLty icons are fun to make and there's not a million already out there so there's plenty of possibilities!

Oh, and I just remembered, that the tie scene is in fact in the season 3 pilot...

EDIT: Icons now posted :)

4. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Can anyone think of any MeLty songs? Most of the other ships seem to have song lists, but we don't, do we?

5. CathStokes

Sini: You posted icons? Which I haven't been on LJ to notice this, but yay, I'll check them out ASAP. I love working with possibilities :D

@MacsLady: I haven't seen any songs, I think there might've been a few posted earlier on in the thread, but I don't know on that one. Sorry.

6. Sini

Sini Dead on Arrival

Hmm, weird, the lj thing I mean. But the icons should be there!

About the songs... I'm listening to a song by Josh Ritter at the moment, called Good Man, and the tiny little chorus goes:

"Babe, we both had dry spells, hard times,
    In bad lands I'm a good man, for ya"

So, I'm thinking it kind of fits.

7. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

I would love to know some MeLty songs. Sini that song sounds like it would be a good one. Thanks for making some icons. Can't wait to see more possibilities! ;)

8. CathStokes

Sini: That seems like it has a great possibilty of being a good MeLty song, great find! :D

and I agree with my little buddy above me, can't wait to see more icons! :D

9. Sini

Sini Dead on Arrival

Thanks to you both! I thought no one saw them besides the_lab_tech (thanks to you too of course, and also thanks for setting up a MeLty community, I love it :))...

Anyone else got MeLty songs in mind?

It is difficult to find suitable ones because the connection is usually made while listening to music, not just by reading the words on a web page. I've always thought the music should be fitting as well, not just the lyrics. Sometimes I find it a little disturbing in a fanvid when I just can't make the connection between the style of music and the subject of the vid.

Just watched an episode of NY and I don't think Mac and Lindsay had any scenes together... It was so sad!

10. the_lab_tech

the_lab_tech Victim

I can't really think of any MeLty songs. I rarely associate songs with pairings (Usually cos I'm too busy dancing about like an idiot. Not a good idea when your driving I tell you.)

Quite a lot of the later s3 epis have little or no Mac and Lindsay scenes together. Mainly because of the D/L that I'm trying my hardest to avoid. It really is depressing but they are soo cute when they do have a scene. Mibbe s4 will be better.

No thanks nessecary, I'm just as dedicated .

11. Sini

Sini Dead on Arrival

Oh my... what a coincidence - I am extremely dedicated as well, hehe. Or borderline obsessed. Maybe borderline isn't the right adjective to use there, erm... Enough about the obsession.

I'm pretty bad at the association of songs with pairings too... It's incredibly random (and rare) when it happens.

And yeah, S4 should have more Mac/Lindsay scenes... more please!

Which reminds me, I have a fanfic to finish.

*runs off to write MeLty again*

12. the_lab_tech

the_lab_tech Victim

Ohh fanfic!

Is it going to be finished soon? Or has your muse abandoned you? It's just that I need help with my denial of the finale!

13. Sini

Sini Dead on Arrival

Gah, I know... The finale epi so wasn't made for me either. I'm going back to the happy world inside my head, hang a sign outside that says 'MeLty all the way, leave any Snow Day relishing thoughts outside' and try to forget all I ever saw of it.

Oh, and about the fic... Originally I was going to post it as a long oneshot but I think I could break it down to chapters. So, one chapter is coming today if it works out :)

14. the_lab_tech

the_lab_tech Victim

Yay!

I know what you mean. In my head I'm already rewriting the finale MeLty style. I might even put it down on paper one day soon.

15. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

People with Money was on here last night, and I got to see the tie scene again. I just love the way he looks at and smiles at her, and the way she touches him, straigtens his collar, rests her hands on his shoulders as she says 'so [putting the tuie on] was a gesture of affection', looking right at him. Awww, they're so cute together. :)