Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, May 8, 2007.

1. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I do that too!
    The one thing that really bugs me about the movies is Harry's eyes. They're supposed to be green. I know it's such a little detail, but the books remind of that fact so much. And it's so easy to fix. If the actor didn't want to wear contacts, CG would fix it easily.

2. Alien_from_mars

Alien_from_mars Prime Suspect

I agree DragonflyDreamer!

I mean, it's the little things that make me mad! That they dont even consider.
    Daniel couldnt wear the contacts as they hurt his eyes, but shouldnt they have gone over it digitally later? Making the eyes green. They are pretty important in the book, too.
    Another thing that annoys me is the students from Gryffindor and Slytherin do not have DADA but they show them having it together in the films.
    The smallest things make me mad. :lol:

3. breakbeat

breakbeat Hit and Run

I am getting a wee bit excited now (to my shame I only read the HP series this year!)
    there is an article in the Times Online about the upcoming films... apparently the studio will be holding open auditions for the characters of Lavender and young Tom Riddle (looking for people around the age of 14/15 so I'm too old :( ) so all you budding young actors & actresses - here's your chance!

4. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

I just bought my tickets to the midnight showing! I'm so beyond excited. I've been looking forward to this for monthes.

5. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

There's only 7 days left. Let's try to stay calm. I know, I know, it's harrrrd to stay calm *browses mugglenet.com*

6. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

I totally went to see it last night.

I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but all I'll say is that I was a bit disappointed. It was based on the book but I don't think they focused on the book as much because way too much was cut out.

7. grissoms_gurl

grissoms_gurl Coroner

I saw it this afternoon!! I was so incredibly stoked for the movie!! And, of course, I waited in line at the box office.. all dressed up as Harry :D Just like always!
    I was well impressed with the entire movie. It definitely captured mostly how I saw it when I read the book.. if not better!! I think the end bit was spectacular.. Dumbledore's Army was perfect as well!! Definitely two amazingly wonderful thumbs up!!

8. athlov

athlov Guest

Well, I saw it this afternoon. I felt like it was quite abbreviated, and it really felt like it was fast forwarding through the book, with noticeable changes.

There was an element to it though, that you just can't capture with words, that I thought was quite poignant.

Several times my husband said, "Yeah right!" :lol: Especially the moment in the Room of Requirement, with Cho.

Overall I liked it - I just wish it was about 5 times longer. :p

9. luvincsi

luvincsi Pathologist

:( I ahven't watched it yet.

But I'll go see it tomorrow night. Im excited. :D Bellatrix, here I come. (I adore her. *dont hate me* :p)

10. Comte

Comte Police Officer

My sentiments as well...
    Quite disappointing...

11. eszmanda_luver

eszmanda_luver CSI Level One

Yeah, I saw it at midnight at I was also disappointed. I love reading the books and the choices that are made in the movie just don't reflect those in the book.

Of course, the book is really long so they couldn't do everything, but then it was so choppy. Like, I couldn't get into it at all. Its a good thing I read the book because I think I would have been lost had I not.

I'm glad I saw it and I know some people who are saying that it is the best so far, so I would say go and see it anyways, but don't get your hopes to high up...

Oh well, at least we have the last book to look forward too..

12. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

So far, I have seen the movie twice.
    I went and saw it at midnight when it came out with some of my friends. The audience was very enthusiastic, they clapped a lot during the moive. Then I saw it today with my family.
    I went to the Lake Elsinore storms Game Yesterday, as it was Harry Potter Night and I won 2 Free tickets to go see Harry Potter in theaters because I did their Harry Potter trivia challenge at the bottom of the 6th. They showed 7 pictures of the characters from the movie and I had to name them, I was so worried that they were going to do very minor characters and I would forget one. It was so easy, they showed Ron, Hermione, Hagrid, Dumbledore, Snape, Hedwig, and Harry of course. So today we went and saw the movie again. It is a really good movie. I loved it.
    :confused:I don't see why Luna doesn't have any friends, she is really awesome. Plus the actress and I have the same birthday but she is a year older than me.

13. Dardeile

Dardeile CSI Level One

I must say Harry potter is almost SACRED to me. And this movie disappointed e A LOT.
    I know it's hard to make movies out of 700-pages-books, because directors have to be careful about times, and costs...and all that stuff.
    BUT. think there were things completely left put that were SO important!
    I don't want to spoiler anyone, so I won't say which scenes were left out, but those were REALLY important.

And I want to say something about Helena Carter. That woman is PERFECT. god knows how much I love the character of Bellatrix Lestarnge, but this woman made me love her even more. So deliciously evil! :lol:

14. luvincsi

luvincsi Pathologist

Seen it and disappointed. I agree that Helena is perfect! :D I love Bellatrix too and way Helena played the role made me love her more. :D Beautiful!

I was really confuse even though I've read the book. The only part I've enjoyed is that nice "scene with Voldemort and Dumbledore" in the end. Of course, Bellatrix scenes. :D Gotta love that woman! ;)

15. Fool4love

Fool4love Police Officer

I haven't seen this film yet (going next week) but from what i have heard it is the shortest film of the series so far. How on earth is that possible since it is the biggest book. They must have cut so much stuff out. I'm still looking foward to seeing it as there has been alot of hype and preview shows that all seem really positive. I just hope that i'm not going to be disappointed.