CSI LV fic "A sick man's game" Greg centered drama/suspense

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by ericloca, May 20, 2007.

1. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Re: CSI LV fic "A sick man's game" Greg centered drama/suspe

Ack fix it fix it! Or I'll have to get out my pitchfork rofl

2. ericloca

ericloca Lab Technician

Thank you guys so much for the reviews , I really really love them !
    So here is the next chapter , shorter than usual . Is more about Grissom’s reactions and feelings and there is a little about Hodges . Please read and review !

Feelin’ better

“What ?” Catherine asked in horror “what do you mean ?”
    “Well his heart stopped and if we give him the antidote it probably won’t help him . He’s in a coma now , we don’t expect for him to wake up .”
    “So what ? Give him the cure , miracles happens ”
    “Well I don’t think …”
    “Can you just shut up and make the injection ?” Grissom yelled for the first time since Greg had been kidnapped .
    The doctor did what he was told . He bent over the bed and inserted the needle in his arm . After a second he pulled it out , while the nurses were listening to the instructions he was giving . One of them started to perform CPR , while the other was helping him breath .
    But the machines showed that his heart was ‘working’ again .
    Hopefully , the doctor , even if he was an idiot and an ass , will probably tell them things are fine . That thanks to the antidote he’ll wake up and be with them again .
    Catherine didn’t know what to think ; neither one of them knew probably . But there was hope , lots of hope that would keep them smiling . Taking the cure meant that Greg was out of pain so when he’ll wake up he’ll feel much better than he was when he fell asleep . A very good point . Nick returned to his old self ; poor guy changed a lot since the explosion . The same for Warrick .
    What the doctor told them , that he can’t do anything for Greg annoyed and scared at the same time . This guy looked like he didn’t want to save their buddy and that was the thing that made them angry ; he was an idiot .
    Greg’s doctor was in a surgery and he couldn’t go check on him so he sent this one , who was a dumb person and who was acting like he had no feelings . Such a bastard . How could he be so indifferent to Greg’s sufferance ? An idiot , a bastard , how could a guy like that became a doctor ? Even a janitor could have done a better job than him .
    “Your friend is a little better”
    “See ? Greg’s not dead yet , why the hell you didn’t want to give him the cure ? What’s your problem ? I’m angry enough to beat you up here ”
    “Sorry , sir … I am new here and I didn’t know the rules … ”
    “What the hell is this ? ” Grissom said again , he was now yelling “you don’t know that a human life , or any other life is more important than anything ? When they gave you the degree , they didn’t even look on how good you were in the job ? How can someone think that is no way out ,I mean , you knew Greg was alive and you weren’t going to help him . What are , a sadistic that like to see human suffering ? ”
    “Mr. Grissom…” the young doctor interrupted .
    “Don’t take me with things like this , please . I’m way too experienced to even listen to you , you should be the one listening to me, okay ?” he looked straight into that man’s eyes , scaring the shit out of him “this guy whose life you weren’t willing to save have been through so much that I doubt you’ll ever survive . You understand ?”
    The young doctor had on his face that look that was saying “I don’t believe you”
    “So , you don’t thing I’m saying the truth ? fine then , let me tell you something . You were about to let to die a guy ; okay , you’re a doctor and didn’t want to save your patient , it might be a motive , I understand and not judge you .But you heard about a big kidnapping that happened three weeks ago , right ? ”
    “Yeah , of course I heard , but where’s the connection ? I know I did a stupid thing , and I’m sorry , but you really have to tell me a story here ?”
    “Listen , I forgive you just because you’re a kid ,but because you heard about the kidnapping , you didn’t know he was the victim ,right ? ”
    “He was the vic ???”
    “Yes , and if it was for you he’d be dead by now . Listen to me carefully , you know what had he been through ? Let’s tell you . Or ask you something . You survive a beating , or a whipping ? Or you’ll be able not to scream while you’re stabbed to death because you don’t want to scare your friends ? I really don’t thing so . I doubt you will even survive . But …I see I let you speechless . “
    “I never knew …”
    “Okay , so Greg is a great guy and I don’t even know why I am telling this to you , because you didn’t give a shit on him . So I hope you’ll remember and not do again the mistake ”
    He nodded and let them alone . to wait . The best part was that they knew everything was going to be okay . So they entered slowly again the same room Greg had been for last two days and waited for him to wake up .
    Because ,now , finally , it was no doubt : Greg was going to wake up and be okay . Finally .
    Brass left the hospital to go to the police station to visit Hodges . He just wanted to tell that guy that he was wrong , because Greg was going to be fine . He wanted that guy to know .

“Hey , Hodges , how are you doing ? Are you comfortable there ? ”
    “Fuck you !” the ex lab tech answered , anger obvious in his voice , thing that made Brass more happy than he already was . He wanted to make this bastard feel powerless , feel a piece of shit , like he made him feel when Greg was in danger . Hodges had to be glad it wasn’t Warrick , or worse , Nick who was doing this .
    “Me ? Why me ? I an not a psycho that is killing people without a reason ”
    “So what ? I’m not crazy and I didn’t kill anyone without a reason , I had a very good reason”
    “Yeah , and I should be the idiot who believes you , right ? Bad choice , David “
    “Ha ha ha” Hodges laughed .
    “By th way , I have to tell you the good news , I bet you’ll be as happy as I am “
    “Good news ? What, is Greg dead ?”
    “Au contraire , David , he’s going to wake up and be okay . They gave him the cure ”
    “What ? How ?”
    But Brass left , leaving Hodges more angry than he already was . God , he loved so much teasing jerks . He should make a job from this .

Well , I really don’t want this story to finish , but I can’t stop it . There are three or four more chapters to go !

3. MacsGirlMel

hahaha go Brass :) Can we take turns beating Hodges up?

4. sarahSidle1981

sarahSidle1981 Lab Technician

Can't wait to see what going to happen next.

5. ericloca

ericloca Lab Technician

A happy waking

“Oh , Grissom , you really enraged the doctor !” Sara smiled .
    “So ? I think he understood he was an idiot , so it was worth it , wasn’t he ?”
    “Guys , guys , hey” Brass entered the room “how is he ?”
    “He’s much better but he was About to die because of that idiot doctor who didn’t want to give him the cure . Bastard ….”
    “But , he got the cure so he’ll live !?”
    “Yeah , and he is going to wake up soon from the coma , so there is nothing to be worried for . But where have you been ?”
    “To the station . Informing Hodges about Greg’s condition” he smiled and the team started laughing “take a guess , what reaction did he had ?”
    “He swore to kill you ? ” Nick tried .
    “No”
    “He attacked you ?” Catherine asked .
    “No”
    “Then tell us , don’t keep the suspense up , it’s annoying !!!”
    “He was dazed , I mean he really thought his poison was the best , it was really funny , I think I laughed all the way here . He asked things like why ? what , but I left without answering . He’s such a jerk !”
    “Yeah he is !”
    “But …” Nick laughed “he’s funny , because he always thought he was good and he wasn’t . He wasn’t ! And he’ll never be !”
    “Yes , just a little bastard . I can’t wait for Greg to wake up , can you believe that he was close to death because of that doctor ? I mean , a doctor is supposed to save people , not let them die !”
    “Calm down , Sara , Greg is okay now .”

Greg’s face wasn’t death pale any more , he was feeling much better and they saw that . Greg’s official doctor was taking care of him and informed them about the improvements and they were happy . But the news they were told a couple of minutes ago made them even happier : Greg was going to wake up . To be okay and to be with them again . The only bad part would be the trial , where he had to testify and remember all the horrible experiences he’s been through . And to see Hodges’ face .
    But there was a lot of time until the trial , so they shouldn’t think at hat yet . They should think at the surprises they will make him , the party , the welcome back party that the poor guy never celebrated . The gifts and all that , the friends and the reason to live .
    They were staying in the room , starring at Greg’s still closed eyes and praying for him to open them faster . But the doctor told them it was a possibility that he wouldn’t want to wake up , because he still thinks about the pain that his body is suffering when he’s awake .
    “Hey , Greg ,I really hope you can hear me” Sara started “please wake up for me , for us , we miss you , we need you so much . I can’t want to see you , to talk to you , all of us are wanting this . “
    “Yeah , man , for God’s sake , open your eyes , I am so bored when you’re not around , I can’t wait to hear you , to listen to your stupid jokes , please , if you are listening , just … just make a last effort and look at us !” Nick continued .
    “Listen , I know you may don’t want to open your eyes , but don’t be afraid , is over , the pain , the sufferance , everything is over . There is no more pain , sweetie”
    Again the silence filled the room . They were waiting for the reaction , Greg’s reaction .

“Hey , Greg … wake up ” … “just make a last effort and look at us …” …”I can’t wait to see you ” … “if you are listening ” …”we need you ” …“I miss your stupid jokes …”…“I know you don’t want to open you eyes …”…“the pain , the sufferance is over ”…“There is no more pain sweetie”
    “Wake up Greg , wake up for us ”

He heard them , he heard all the words they said , and he regained his hope ; their voices made him strong and willing to come back on Earth . On real world , not in the world of dreams he had been for the last days .
    He had to show them his will . He had to show them he had a little strength left .
    “Guys !” Sara saw the first sign . “Look” she pointed to his hand “he’s waking up !”
    They hugged each other tightly and happy , looking at his eyes all the time . In one second they were closed , but in the other …. Greg’s eyes were wide opened . Once and forever .
    “Hey , Greg !” Catherine smiled .
    “Cath … guys … hi ” he mumbled .
    “Do you need a doctor or something ?” Nick offered.
    “No … thank you … just some water ”
    “Here you go ” Catherine poured some in the glass and helped him drink .
    “How are you feeling ?”
    “Better … than … remember …”
    They knew what he was talking about . But they didn’t want to upset a man that just woke up from the dead . The should make him happy .
    “Everything is okay now , Greg , everything is okay thankfully ”
    “You … you are feeling okay ?
    “Yeah , fine > You were the injure one , not us !”
    “Well … whatever , is good to see you guys”
    “I know , I’m so glad you decided to wake up !”
    “Yeah … where is he ?”
    He was talking about Hodges , probably .
    “H …?”
    “Yeah ”
    “Prison ?”
    “Perfect . He looks good in black and white ”
    They laughed at the , that help them understand Greg was back to his old self . Finally .
    “Do you like my stupid jokes , don’t you Nick ?”

Another chapter and the final chapter is getting closer day by day !
    Please read and review ! Love u all

6. Shanna_Banana

Shanna_Banana Dead on Arrival

aww! more soon!!!!

7. MacsGirlMel

awwww

rofl at the Hodges joke

8. sarahSidle1981

Thank god Greg a live and a wake. keep going.

9. ericloca

ericloca Lab Technician

Ch 33Finally

“Hey Greggo , ready to go out ?” Nick smiled ”to escape from this hospital ?” he joked .
    “Hell yeah ! I miss my home !”
    All the team was there when Greg got out . They were happy to see him again feeling good and help him forget about the things he’s been through . But he looked different , even if he was trying to hide it , he was scared of guns , knives , fire , and all the instruments that were used to torture him . He hated that he had to go testify against Hodges at the trial , he had to remember all that and he’ll see the criminal again .
    But he should see that his friends were going to help him . He smiled at the thought he had such good friends , that suffered so much for him and were by his side no matter what .
    “So … Grissom “
    “Something wrong , Greg ? Do you need something ?”
    “When .. ”he swallowed “when is the trial ?”
    “In three weeks .” he nodded at the young CSI “you’ll be fine , Greg , I promise”
    “I really hope so ”
    …..
    “Are you okay ?” Sara asked her younger co worker
    “Yeah , let’s go , let’s make that criminal pay for all that he did !” Greg decided suddenly , for the first time .
    “Perfect then . The first will be Warrick , me ,Catherine , Grissom , Nick , Brass , Jimmy, Hodges and then You . It’ll be over soon “
    “Yeah … and he’ll go to jail for life , right ?”
    “Of course !”

“Mr. Warrick Brown , right ?” the defense attorney asked .
    “Yeah . ”
    “You are one of the officers that investigated the case , right ? What’s your job at the crime lab ?”
    “I am a CSI Level three , sir .”
    “Yeah , right . Mr. Brown , could you describe your relationship with Mr. Sanders , the victim ?”
    Greg’s head was spinning . He just hated to be called victim .
    “Mr. Sanders is my co worker . We work together for more than five years . ”
    “Okay , so you want to say that you and Mr. Sanders are not friends ?”
    “Yes we are ”
    “Objection , your honor ? What is this relevance ?”
    “Objection accepted . To the point , Mr. Jollier ”
    “Mr. Brown , what did the accused do to you ? ”
    “He threatened to kill me . And my friends . ”
    ….
    After Sara’s testimony , followed by Catherine , Grissom , Nick and Brass , Jimmy ws the next witness . They hoped that his statement will be the one to put Hodges behind the bars for the rest of his stupid life .
    “Mr., Jim Bull , right ?” the prosecution attorney asked him .
    “Yeah .”
    “Mr. Bull , I see you was an accomplice of Mr. Hodges ”
    “I was , yeah , sir”
    “Can you describe me what you did for him ?”
    “Yes . I cut the breaks to Mr. Sanders’ car , helped by Dean Mercury , who died shot by …”
    “We know this , continue what you started . You cut the brakes and ?”
    “He told us to see if Mr. Sanders will still leave after the accident ; if he did we were supposed to take him and bring him to a house .” he confessed .
    “So , you just followed the car until it reached to an accident , or what ?”
    “That’s right . They couldn’t stop the car , we walked and saw Mr. Sanders in the front of the car , we took him and took care not to be seen by other people . ”
    ”You didn’t take a look at Mr. Stokes or Ms. Sidle , that’s correct ?”
    “Yes , sir . We didn’t care about them , all I know is that they were unconscious”
    “So this is all you did for Mr. Hodges ?”
    “No , sir , we were paid to go undercover and listen to everything that the team will find out about Mr. Sanders and tell this to Boss . We did as we were told ”
    Sara put her hand on her mouth ; she remembered seeing Jim as a janitor , but didn’t pay attention then ; now it was all clear .
    “O fuck …” she whispered .
    “And that’s all ?”
    “No sir , I kidnapped one of the CSIs at his demand and kept him hostage , threatening to kill him ” he pointed to Nick “but I surrendered , I didn’t want to die that day “
    “Okay Mr. Bull , prosecution doesn’t have anything more to ask “
    “Okay , Mr. Logan . Defense ?”
    “No Sir .”

“Mr. Hodges , why did you do it ? Why did you kidnap and torture Mr. Sanders and tried to kill him ?”
    “Why ? Ask them why !” he pointed to the team “because they are murderers , because they killed Holly !”
    “Holly Gribbs ?right ? ”
    “Yeah , sir , they let her there to die , they didn’t care about her, they just let her there alone so that bastard could kill her ! ”
    “Correct me if I’m wrong . Mr. Warrick Brown was the one that let her , right ?”
    “Yes your honor , I just wanted to make them feel like I did , powerless !”
    “Defense has nothing more to ask .”
    “Alright .prosecution ?”
    ”Yes , Sir ”
    “Proceed”
    “Mr. Hodges , why did you poisoned Mr. Sanders ?”
    “I didn’t poison him , Dean did . Ask him if you don’t believe me !” he laughed inside knowing that they couldn’t .
    “How did Mr. Mercury manage to prepare the antidote ?”
    “I dunno , ask him !”
    “Why did you put Jonathan Wilder and Bobby Dawson to kidnap and torture Greg Sanders ?”
    “I ? I didn’t even know these guys ! ” his face was so natural that annoyed the attorney .
    “You said to Mr. Grissom that you found them and enraged them against the team ! “
    “No I haven’t say that !”
    “Yes you did !”
    “Prove me , because I really don’t remember !”
    “Objection , your honor !” the defense attorney jumped “he’s harassing my client !”
    “Objection accepted ”
    “Why did you tried to kill Mr. Grissom ?”
    “I didn’t even shoot him ! I didn’t hurt him , I think he hurt me more than I did !”
    “He hurt you ? You pointed a gun to his head , he defended himself !”
    “He kicked me !”
    The attorney closed his eyes angrily . This guy was such a bastard , he hurt all the team but he just couldn’t help nailing him . He turned for a second to look at the team and then saw that his questions were helping Hodges instead of accusing him , so he gave up . He just hoped Greg’s statement will nail David Hodges forever .
    “I am out of questions , your honor”
    “We’ll take a break for three hours . After this we are going to hear Mr. Sanders’ testimony and the verdict . ”
    Greg couldn’t wait to get out of there . When Hodges saw his wet eyes laughed .
    “I am going to win this too , Sanders . I am not going to jail , you’ll see ! I don’t even think you’re man enough to testify against me , are you ?” he smiled “you’re just a poor victim who’s crying for himself … and you’re so pathetic , Sanders , God , I wish you would be dead ! You’re such a child . I think I can beat you even with my hands tied !”
    “Really ? Well , I think your just a bastard and a criminal , let’s see what the jury is going to say after I tell them everything , I want you to die in jail , to live your life like a criminal deserves to , you hear me ? And I ” the team approached him “we are going to take care you’ll pay for all that you did . And , by the way , you’re such an idiot !”
    Then he turned to them and smiled , letting them see the satisfaction in his eyes .
    “I just had to tell him that” he defended himself .
    “Good , now we have some hours to get ready for the finale , are you okay ? ”
    “Oh yeah !” he laughed .

I can’t wait to see what is Greg going to say at the trial ! What do you think ?
    Please read and review !

10. MacsGirlMel

I wanna see too what he's going to say. More more!

11. sarahSidle1981

Keep going, I hope Hodges goes to Jail for what he did.

12. ericloca

ericloca Lab Technician

The testimony

“Hey , guys ” Brass saluted them , walking over to see what they were doing “if you could see what face all of you have … what happened ? something wrong ?”
    “Huh ? A , no , just that we have emotions , we want to see the verdict faster . “
    “Come on , you heard Hodges’ testimony , they can accuse him just because of that ! Stay calm , Grissom , stay calm . ”
    “I must , but hell I’m scared . And that fuckin’ lawyer Hodges has is a pain in the ass , I just hate him , he’s annoying ! But he’s smart , damnit , too smart !“
    “He is , but Greg is smart even more ; he’ll never survive if he would not be smart . I feel proud , I’m proud of him !”
    “Yeah , me too . He’s such a hero and the beautiful thing is he doesn’t even know it ; it’s enough that he’s not crying for himself and he is able to testify today . Hodges’ statement was too … original . ”
    “Yeah . ”
    The team didn’t hear any part of the conversation . They were too busy talking to Greg , powering him . Giving him power to fight in there .
    “Greg !” Grissom said “let’s enter , is time !”
    “ ’kay boss !”
    He saw the doors opened and stepped in the court room . Again , hoping it was the last time .
    “Prosecution is calling the next witness : Greg Sanders .”
    He heard his name he saw that everyone was looking at him . He had to go and tell them everything , all that happened two months ago . It was a nightmare for him to remember all that , but it was important to catch the killer . He took a deep breath and started walking to the place he had to stay . But it seemed like his feet weren’t listening him . They didn’t want to move but , after taking more deep breath , trying to forget that in the next hour he’ll remember that horrible torture and sat on the chair .
    “I’m ready ” he said .
    “Okay , Mr. Sanders , defense may begin . Order in court room !” the judge yelled .
    “What is your name ?”
    “Greg Sanders ”
    “Mr. Sanders , where are you working ?”
    “At Las Vegas crime lab ” God are you so idiot ! “Greg smiled for himself .
    “What’s your job at the lab ? ”
    “I’m a CSI Level One . Been like this for one year .”
    “Aha , okay then . Mr. Sanders , I want you to tell him so that everyone here can hear …”
    “Hell , what if I don’t want to tell ? I’m scared ” he thought “to remember everything? ”
    “… what happened with you three months ago .”
    “One day , at a crime scene , after processing the scene I stepped out of the room , my wish was to so to the lab . But then I felt a hit in the head and probably passed out . I woke up some time after and saw that I was tied to a ceiling probably and the person who kidnapped me , his name was Jonathan Wilder I think , said that he’ll have him revenge . Then he called my colleagues and made them hear me ” a lightning went through his body while he remembered “yelling while … he used a whip on me .”
    “Why did you stop ?”
    “For nothing .”
    That guy knew that was disturbing fore Greg and wanted to make it more disturbing , to a point he couldn’t control it .
    “I think I passed out then .. because I couldn’t hear anything . Then ….” He told all that happened , the beatings , the stabbing , the shots . He didn’t know anything about the explosion , he was unconscious .
    “Good , and ?”
    “I woke up in the hospital with no memories of why I am there and I didn’t know anyone . But I recovered easily , in two weeks and I remembered everything , all that happened …. ”
    He again told all the history with the amnesia .
    “And , how did you get yourself kidnapped the second time ?”
    “I was kidnapped . I didn’t get myself kidnapped !”
    “Yeah , whatever , tell us .”
    “Me and my friends were going to a crime scene ” he smiled “not really a crime scene , but …”
    “But what ?”
    “…but a party , a secret party my friends did for me . Can you let me tell a whole phrase without interrupting ?”
    “Yeah , sorry .”
    “Well , we were waiting to get there , my colleague Sara Sidle was driving and when Nick told her to slow down she didn’t because she said it is impossible . ”
    “Why ? Why it was impossible ?”
    “Because ” Greg said annoyed “the breaks weren’t working . That’s why ! ”
    “Okay . So what happened ?”
    “I think the car hit something , I really don’t remember well . All I know is that I woke up in a house that smelled awful . ”
    Again he said all the history .
    “What did he gave you ?”
    “From what I heard , a combination of arsenic and thallium . ”
    After finishing the story , after making a mind trip through all that awful memories he wanted to keep hidden , he just couldn’t wait for the verdict . Hoping it will be guilty and Hodges will receive like twenty years at least .
    There was another break when they will decide what to choose . He knew there was another trial he had to assist to , Jimmy’s but he wasn’t afraid and wanted to save the guy .

“Congrats , Greg ” the team said to him “you did great in there”
    “You think , guys ? I don’t and I’m fuckin afraid of what’s going to happen !”
    “What ? Hodges=Guilty ! guilty , he’ll pay for what he did to you , for what he did to us , you mist not have a doubt ”
    “If you say so Sara ,I believe you ! ”
    “Of course you do Greg !”

They entered the court room for the last time that day and just hoped things will be as they wanted .

Look , I know the accused is the last to testify , but I didn’t want this ; this is fic so I can do what I want , right ?
    Please read and review !

13. Lizn8rFoxy

Lizn8rFoxy Lab Technician

awesome story! that would be unbelieveable if it was actually an episode!

14. MacsGirlMel

I can't wait for the ending...post soon!

15. csi_chick

csi_chick Victim

It's great so far and I can't wait till the ending. Post soon. It would be cool (and not cause Greg gets hurt) if that was an episode on the show.