"Secrets and Flies" Discussion **Beware Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 29, 2005.

1. lemon_grass

lemon_grass CSI Level Two

Teehee! The opening sequence with the sperm sprint cracked me up. Getting right down to business now, are we? :lol:

The embryo case was interesting enough. The baby was such a cutie pie! I felt so bad for the girl in the note-writing flashback, I almost had to turn away when the grandmother was about to pull the trigger. Babies witnessing the murder of their mothers...it's just so disturbing.

Yay for Bugman in a suit! I love the end scene, it's so Grissom. Much of the B-case was reminiscent of "The Accused is Entitled", and I can't decide whether that's good or bad.

Am I crazy or was the episode full of huge screaming anvils? Catherine sharing office with another supervisor, Grissom saying Catherine could've gotten the evaluations in on time, Catherine's "where will you be without me?"...I wish tptb would just explain Catherine's status. What, did they forget about her being a supervisor, or are they hoping we would if they keep quiet?

Oh, and Warrick "flirting" with Catherine?...Uh oh. Tptb, don't go there.

Once again, we get nice Ecklie. I'm kinda starting to worry tptb is going to tone down his character too much like they did with Greg for a while in season 5. I miss the snark. :(

Way too little Nick, but it seems hardly fair to complain after what he got last episode, so I won't. The "dry humping" was great, though. :lol:

Overall pretty good episode. It was no "Gum Drops", but certainly up to CSI standard. And did I mention Grissom in a suit? *swoons*

2. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

this is a stupid question, i know, but what does tptb mean??? i get that it has something to do with the writting staff or somthing...

3. Guest

Guest Guest

The Powers That Be aka the writers/producers/directors, yada yada.

4. kimaken

kimaken Lab Technician

I like nice Ecklie, but I agree they're going to ruin the character like they did Greg if they don't let him snark once in awhile.

As for too little Nick--has everyone already forgotten that GE went to France? I know he's a great actor, but even he can't be in two places at the same time (filming in California and promoting the show in Paris), which could explain his absence from the rest of the episode.

5. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

Grissom totally kicked ass in this episode!! And it'll be a refreshing change to have a sheriff who actually seems to like our Beloved Bug Man.

I liked the combo of Catherine and Sara, you don't see that pairing very often. I can only think of a few myself.

LOVED Archie in the red shirt....lovely!!

I wanted to kiss Hodges for reprimanding Warrick and Catherine. "You're married, don't flirt." Damn right!

TPTB had better not turn Warrick into a philandering husband. I will be waaayyy pissed!!

Overall, a good eppy but not enough Nick. But I guess they can't all be Grave Danger or Gum Drops....matter how much I might want them to be.

6. LittleEva

LittleEva Hit and Run

Hodges was funny...but he still should mind his business; just because you're married doesn't mean you're dead you know. Besides, Warrick always flirts with every woman around and I was missing his flirting self, it's nice to see that he hasn't become a monk just because he married what's her name, oh yeah... "the wife."

7. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

It wasn't the best episode was it was intresting. Too little Greg (as usual). Did anyone else think he looked confused when Cath told him not to be sorry for doing his job?
    He looked so adorable! :)

8. nickstokesfan

nickstokesfan Coroner

I think there are enough shows on TV that glorify spouses with wandering eyes. I find it refreshing to have a character on CSI with higher standards. If the comment had come from good ol' Southern-values Nick (bless his heart), would we feel differently?

I love Warrick, but I thought it was gutsy for Hodges to confront him, especially when you consider the tough guy vs. nerd factor. Was it Hodges business? My first response might be to agree that it's not -- but if it's going on at work, then I think it is his business.

Anyway, that's just my opinion. :)

9. nickstokesfan

nickstokesfan Coroner

Yes -- and no one has yet mentioned his little dialogue with Rita, the ex-paralegal Dwayne McGain gave his gun to. She and Greg exchanged adorable glances before they parted ways. I thought they were REALLY cute together. Wonder if she'll be back... :)

10. kimaken

kimaken Lab Technician

One thing that bugged me in this episode was Greg tracking down the original history of the gun. I know it was the writers' way of fitting Greg into this episode, but it felt off because that should have been the job of a detective, not a CSI. Once Bobby D got the registration information off the bullet, Vartann or Sofia or one of the other recurring detectives should have done the legwork to locate who owned it last. In other seasons, that's exactly what would have happened.

As much as I love Greg, I hate seeing his role misused like this--if they don't have a legitimate forensics/CSI job for him, they should have left him out of the episode or put him back in the lab.

11. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

Yeah, I agree. And it was a nice point to bring up, because Cath's right - Greg did the work, he doesn't need to apologize for the facts. You notice Archie was doing the same thing with Grissom - apologizing for the results he found not being what he thought Grissom was hoping for, when the truth was he just did a fair and thorough job. Interesting contrast between Catherine addressing the apologies (even if only briefly) and Grissom not doing so.

--Robin

12. Catherinesmyidol

Catherinesmyidol Coroner

After the mom (Why can't I remember her name?!) emptied her purse and Cath was looking at the pic of Arnold, my sister and I at the same time started going "Mole, Mole Mole, Moley Moley Moley!!" :lol:

13. LaCacahuete

LaCacahuete Police Officer

Hearing Nick say drahhh-humpin' and labia in the same scene had me giggling hysterically. I would've liked to see more of ol' Nicky, though. :(

I loved the episode. Very cool. My second-favourite of the season, I think, and definitely work the extra week's wait.

14. lilbug

lilbug CSI Level Two

good episode! did anyone else notice that in episode "Anatomy of a Lye" Warrick was in the same class as Catherine, "ROcks for Jocks"? okay.. i don't if anyone mentioned that already.. i loved the interaction!

15. CSI_Gal

CSI_Gal Prime Suspect

Well I thought the episode was alright. But not one of the best. I actually prefered Grissom's case to the other one. I found it more interesting and much less predictable. To be honost, the second I saw the mother I knew she did it. I dunno why, but I did. I thought Grissom's case was more captivating and I deffinatly agree that the shady Dr. could be back some day.

Other then that, it had it's moments. Most already listed here. Nick and the Doc's convo, Hodge's flirting comment, ect. But can I get a Yay! for getting a full length Archie?