LIMS Round 3:The Ultimate Test of Creativity-LIMS Winner Up!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by quoth_the_raven, Feb 21, 2007.

1. csi_fan_uk

csi_fan_uk Police Officer

Re: LIMS Round 3: The Ultimate Test of Creativity

Like those before have said, this is really difficult to vote on. However, I guess if no-one votes then no-one gets to win! So, here goes...

01 - gorgeous icon but the caption says smile but the crop does not emphasise Marg's smile as much as it could. Also, the white space stands out a little too much. Yeah, pendantic I know.

03 - it appears a little oversharpened in places. Teensy, tiny places... It's still a fantastic icon!

Sorry guys!

2. Cass

Cass Police Officer

This is really hard. The icons are amazing!

01: The white space stands a little too much. Apart from that it's a great icon, lovely color!
    03: It's a little oversharpened. I really like the color and the text, though.

3. dstined4gr8ness

dstined4gr8ness Police Officer

Wow. This is unbelievably hard to choose. They are all phenomenal icons.

1. The coloring and cropping is great, but the white behind the smile is too stark.
    2. I love the mirroring technique, but the focus in the pictures is ever-so-slightly uneven.

4. Misery

Misery Pathologist

1 - wonderful icon, but it would've been better if white was on the other side, since Marg is looking to her left.
    2 - also a beautiful icon, but the orange effect is a bit too strong, and maybe it could've been a little bit sharper.

I'm sorry guys, but I really loved icon #3, so I had to think of some reasons...Congratulations to everyone who made it to the finals!!! You really deserved it!

5. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

Keep the votes coming guys! I don't want to leave the voting up forever but I'd really love to have more than six votes :p

Hey Darde, your 20 hours are up, girl! :lol: ;)

6. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

This took me about 30 minutes, this is really hard!!

1. This icon is so beautiful. I really love the colors you used but the white under "smile" stands out a little too much.

3. I love this icon, its so perfect except that its over sharpened a tad.

Guys, That Was HARD! :lol:

7. 4ENSIX

4ENSIX Pathologist

Let me just say that Ann is horrifically evil in making us choose, and I feel almost bad for voting. If I can ever make an icon even half as good as the ones above, I will die happy. With that said, here are my votes...again, I feel terrible for doing this, but it must be done. :(

01 - The white box seems, like Lilly said, just sort of like a white space (not that that's always a bad thing) - it just is sort of...there. I think a simple decorative brush up above the heart could have done wonders to it.

03 - The red box is imposing, and the icon is a teensy weensy bit oversharpened in some areas.

I'd also just like to say that #2 is absolutely astounding...the orange border on the top and bottom are just perfect, the crop is outstanding, and the slighly orange tint to the whole icon just totally rocks. :D

Amazing job, everybody, and no matter who wins, you ALL deserve to be the LIMS.

8. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

1: The coloring is not good, you should have put a light blue layer with soft light, the icon would be less yellow that way. The quality of the picture is not the best, the usage of the blur tool should have helped a lot after sharpening the image.
    Not to mention the text, that font is absolutely ugly, so is the color you used, it doesn't go well with the basic image you edited, the gradient makes it even worse.

2: The texture you used is just not good, neither the font and the way you placed the text. The coloring is okay, though it's too bright. The cropping is not the best.

3: What can I say? Whoever made it, congratulations, I absolitely love it. The coloring is awesome, so is the font and the shape. Well done!

I'm sorry guys, I'm not good at stating my opinion in a friendly way. I don't mean to be offensive, really, I appreciate your courage to participate in this challenge. Try to take my opinion in a more friendly way than it actually is :)

9. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

01. The placement of the text is odd and the choice of font doesn't seem to suit the icon.

03. The colouring is too strong. And Marg's features don't really stand out, it may be because of the choice of crop.

Voting for this was ridiculously difficult to do! And all the icons are great, so my comments are not really criticisms in any way, they are simply mild observations. The way I voted really reflected the fact that, to me, the second icon contains very interesting and what I would consider advanced techniques which were all incorporated well into the icon and therefore, in my opinion, it is deserving of first place. :) That's not to say that the others aren't fantastic, or that the techniques are lesser in any way, but voting for these things is notoriously difficult, especially when it gets to this point in the competition.

10. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

I'm going to keep the voting up until Tuesday guys, so please keep the votes coming! :)

11. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

1. I don't really like the white box much. It kind of stands out too much, if you know what I mean? I like the font, and I like what you were attempting to do. Nice icon! :)

3. The red box with the text is a bit.. Just there, and it's all I can look at. I like the font though.

Good icons guys, and congrats for getting this far.

12. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

Challenge #9- What A Pair!- RESULTS

The final results are in!

First Place: Macayla [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Second Place: Adzix [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Third Place: fo_poozle [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tally
    01: 10
    02: 5
    03: 7

Congratulations to Macayla for becoming the Last Icon-Maker Standing of LIMS Round #3! :D Also, great job to Adzix and fo_poozle, you guys both did great :)

13. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

Congrats Guys!!! Way to go Macayla!. Awesome icons, all of you. As you can tell by reading all of our posts, it was a hard decision because you all are so talented :) Great job to everyone who entered.

14. Alex

Alex Lab Technician

Congratulations to Macayla, Adzix and fo_poozle :)

15. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Congratulations Macayla, Adzix and fo_poozle. :D Great job, all the icons were fantastic!