~'Always Fresh at Misc Hortons!'~ Canadian Thread #4

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Finch, Nov 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i saw the spice girls in toronto when i was in grade 5, so 10 years ago! :eek: jeez im old :lol: i think that was after geri had already left the group, but there was a man dressed up like her sitting near us. with the union jack dress, platform hooker boots and all. i think that was my first encounter with a drag queen.

so, the 140th canada day is soon to be upon us. i will be spending the day at the beach :D anyone else doing fun things to celebrate the awesomeness that is canada?

2. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Alas, I am spending the entire weekend working. But I'll definetly be thinking of the beach...

3. quickbeam_cw

quickbeam_cw CSI Level One

I can't say I'm sick of the rain yet, although we have had a lot. There's been about 7 inches or so in the last two weeks on my parents' farm... the dugout is right full, and the pasture next to it is one enormous slough. My brothers, my dad, and I went canoeing in it this evening. They all say that it's the most water they've ever seen in that field... I'd say we went maybe at least 200 metres, over a section of field that normally would be completely dry this time of year. The dugout had dried up a few years ago in the drought, now it's probably around 10-15 feet deep.

I don't have any Canada Day plans for tomorrow, other than spending time with family (my brother and sister-in-law are here from Calgary). Then on Monday, we'll probably go hang out at a lake somewhere, and then battle the long-weekend traffic on the way home. :)

4. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

hmm as for me on Canada Day....hanging out with my parents (bro went camping) and maybe going to see the Fireworks. And Monday will be spent job hunting (fun) :rolleyes:

5. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

I plan to do two things for Canada day. First, I will head to Burnaby to watch the U-20 World Cup soccer matches. Then, I will head down to Greek fest for some loukoumades & frappe. I guess the Canadian aspect will be witnessing the cutting of the Canada day cake :lol:. I dunno, I don't really celebrate it. Uh, I mean...happy Canada day everyone :D!

6. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

I already did my Canadian-ness for the weekend yesterday. I went up Norh to Campbellford & drank all day with the relatives :lol:

But I might go see the fireworks tonight, I dunno. Anywho, Happy Canada Day, everyone :D

ETA: maple, you're so lucky! I wanted to see the Girls so much when I was younger.

7. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Just popping in to wish everyone a Happy Canada Day. Hope everyone is having a save and happy long weekend :)

8. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

Happy Canada Day! Well I spent my day doing something vaguely Canadian, if you paying attention to the NHL Free agent day counts (yeah im that much of a hockey nerd)...then again I did watch an Emerson Drive Special on CMT. :lol:

9. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Just wanted to share in the festivities and wish a HAPPY CANADA DAY to all my fellow canucks....peace out! :) Hope its safe and a blast...

10. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

ok another canadian thing i did....i watchced "Men With Brooms" on Showcase last night, great movie, Canadian Cast and the whole plot line revolves around Curling, how much more Canadian can you get? Oh and if you watch close enough, Tim Hortons plays a role in the movie ;)

11. allstar12

Wow. This puppy was on page 4!

Come peeps, Canuck it up.

Anyone see the story about the two Staal brothers from Thunder Bay getting a little rowdy at a bachelor party & being arrested a few days ago. I thought it was kinda funny.

12. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i dont know who they are, just been hearing about the serial killer that was around the grand bend area i think. hes on the run and theyve been using facebook to try and get info.

tomorrow im going to the gay pride parade (not gay, but i enjoy the parade ;)) its nothing like the toronto one, not as many people dress up in full drag but still fun to be at. even though some homophobes are there with their signs :rolleyes: oh well, the people in the parade have fun and the people watching have fun. the protesters mostly get ignored so sucks to be them! :D i really want to see the toronto one some day though, that one is really big from what i see of it on tv.

13. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Sounds like fun, allmaple! I'd love to see the Toronto one too. It sounds like a lot of fun. We don't have gay pride parade here, we're not a big enough city.

14. allstar12

They're using Facebook to catch criminals now..? That's pretty intense. And weird.

15. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^^ Maple, I was in Montreal the last time they had a Gay Pride parade and it was really cool. :D (Granted I was watching it from a 30 storey hotel, lol) I hope you have fun!

And omgz you went to Florida and you're back! I saw your pictures in the photo thread. I envy you. :eek: *latches onto Florida for dear life* Er, yes I'm Canadian, I swear. *whistles*

Yikes, and Facebook makes the news once again. I've heard about memorials and stuff like that on there but to catch criminals? Watch out AMW. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.