The Fury of Love - CatNip RP

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by ButterFlied92, Oct 14, 2006.

1. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

Okay, we've disappeared to long, I'm waking Sara up.

Sara woke up and got dressed, and walked into the bathroom, and looked at herself in the mirror, Another Day, she thought to herself.

She started walking down the stairs when she heard Catherine questioning Greg, all she could hear was something about pictures, she made a confused face and walked over to Catherine, "Hey what's going on" she touched her shoulder.

2. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

(hey i'm back as Nick :D this post is a bit longer but i had to cover a certain period of time...)

Nick was smirking to himself when he started to add some sugar to his coffee when he heard a distinctive change in Catherine’s voice. "Is this some sort of sick, cruel joke? DID…Did you do this? I mean…tell me you did THIS because I can handle a bad prank," He turned around and saw Catherine standing right in front of Greg, clenching something so tight in her hand that her knuckles had turned white from the pressure. Nick did not know what had just happened but it had to be something serious because Catherine looked as if she'd seen a ghost. Her voice was shaky and on the verge of tears. She was distraught, and it seemed her energy was focused on Greg! Why at Greg? What did she think he'd done? Greg seemed as clueless as Nick, standing there like a little boy who'd been accused of stealing sweets. He looked completely confused and tried to defend himself.

"GR—egg, it’s like you to pull a joke. Tell me you took these pictures." Pictures? What did the pictures consist of that had Catherine so upset? Everything was fine just moments ago as they shared their own flirting banter, and now she seemed close to a breakdown. Nick could not help but wonder what the hell he just missed. This behavior was unlike her and it definitely wasn't like her to lose her temper especially in front of the others.

Then it hit him like a ton of brinks, and the hairs on his neck stood erect. Catherine was hoping that this latest stunt was only one of Greg’s practical jokes. The lunatic must have made contact again by delivering the photos by planting them in a newspaper knowing that Nick read the paper daily. Bastard was still playing with them. Did he know that Catherine made a false arrest? Was he waiting for one of them to break?

He looked at Catherine and realized that the SICKO had already managed to break her down. Nick witnessed as her emotions took over and she almost fell down on a chair and started to cry, looking away from them. Obviously, a part of her was still intact because her pride was still there. She rarely cried in front of anyone!

This whole situation seemed a bit unreal to him even as it seemed to pan out for him in slow motion. He slowly walked up to Greg and took the pictures from him. The look on Greg’s face was one of pure confusion. Apparently, Greg was just as clueless as he was, which only meant he did not take these pictures. For a few seconds, Nick just stood there, pressing the pictures against his chest, not wanting to see the mystery that they told.

Nick took a deep breath and looked down, eyes blinking rapidly as he tried to adjust them to what he was seeing. His skin turned clammy as he realized their stalker was here. HERE! He held the first picture more firmly in his hands as small beads of sweat formed on his forehead. The first picture showed him and Catherine sitting on the steps in front of her house. Nick clenched his teeth as he felt his blood start to boil. How come he never saw him? Obviously this guy made good use with his camera and took them from a distance. It didn’t matter though, because he had managed to get way too close to them. To Catherine.

Putting the first picture under the other two, he revealed a much more haunting picture. It displayed Catherine standing outside in her pajamas with her arms wrapped firmly around her chest, a desperate attempt to try and keep the chill away. It was a side shot, but Catherine managed to look into the lens of the camera without realizing it. She looked so fragile and vulnerable. So small. This guy managed to take a picture that seemed so private of his...girlfriend. GIRLFRIEND...Damn, they had never broached the subject, and never had the talk of what their relationship had turned into. It was more or less an unspoken knowledge. They were together, and this morning was just proof of it. Nick hated the fact that this maniac had seen her in such an intimate moment and Nick hadn't been able to protect her. He swallowed hard before he put the second picture behind the others and his eyes fell on the third and final picture. This one showed an up close shot of a woman's neck, her chest and its small valley of cleavage, and a few strands of blonde hair spiraling loosely out of her ponytail. Nick’s jaw tightened as he realized that it wasn't just any woman's neck or chest...it was Catherine's!

Nick was about to explode. He crumpled the pictures up and threw them on the table. Not paying attention to anything else, he stormed to the front door, opened it wide and stopped outside. "Where the hell are you, you DAMN bastard? Come here! Or are you not man enough to show yourself?" Nick's voice broke as his emotions washed over him. He bent over resting his hands on his knees as he looked down at the ground. Greg had followed him and tried to get him back inside. "Nick man, that's futile. You'll only wake the whole neighborhood. Come back inside." Greg lightly grabbed Nick's arm and stopped when he did not feel any resistance. “I swear if he hurts her - I’ll kill him.” Nick’s jaw popped from his words as he followed Greg back inside.

3. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

"Hey what's going on," Catherine heard Sara whisper as she felt her hand on her shoulder. She quickly wiped at her flushed face as the tears continued to leak from her eyes. "Ummm...pictures," was all she managed to get out. She kept her back to Sara not wanting her to see her in this state. Truth was she was embarrassed that she broke down in front of what now seemed like everyone. She took a deep breath as she realized her response probably made no sense. "HE..he was here again. I have to see Brass. I...Neil he isn't the one. I HAVE THE WRONG GUY LOCKED UP, and..." Her voice shaky as she suddenly stood up looking around for her keys. She felt like she was literally loosing it as her own house felt like a trap.

She turned around, and nearly ran into Sara as her eyes tried to focus. "Where are they," she muttered as she tried to side step Sara until it dawned on her that her car was still at the lab. "F@#K," she found herself screaming as she ran her hands through her hair making her look all the more disleveled.

It seemed both Nick and her were freaking out as she overheard Nick screaming outside for the bastard to show his face. She watched as Greg quickly got him back inside. She witnessed an exchanged look between Sara and Greg as he locked the door shut. "NO...NO..., I'm not staying like a prisoner in my own house." She looked again at Sara. "Damn it!! One of you are taking me to the lab."

4. CSIWillows

CSIWillows Rookie

Great update! Love the story!

5. CathStokes

Sara looked at Catherine and got closer to her and put her hand on her shoulder, "Listen, if I take you over there, will you calm down, I know its hard, but I really don't want you hitting me every five minutes to go faster or to slow down, got it?" She took a deep breathe, she really hated when someone hit on her when she was driving, and if Catherine was going to do it, she might just end up hitting her back.

6. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

"Fine, fine...Sara I don't give a damn about your driving. I just want to straighten this mess out. Hell, this is partly your case, so I'm sure you feel the same way," Catherine retorted back as she let out a deep breath. She turned from Sara briefly as she rounded upon Nick. Words could not desribe the way he looked, but if she had to guess it was murderious. "Nick...we will get him?" Her statement was meant to sound confident, and all knowing but it came out questioning. How did she come to amount to nothing but weakness? What she really needed was a good stiff drink or something to ease the fear that was only burrowing in her stomach. "Let's go," she whispered to everyone in the room as she grabbed her purse and opened her front door. A door that once she felt safe behind, and now her cherished memories of her home were slowly being replaced by ones of trepidation.

7. CathStokes

Sara walked up behind Catherine, and stood and starred at Nick, "Don't worry, I'll take care of her, You can call her every five minutes, if it makes you happy" she rolled her eyes, she wasn't one to love the fluffytimes. She felt like gagging, but decided against it, and lightly pushed Catherine out the door before she had to see the makeout.

8. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

(sorry for the delay, some organizational problems ;) )

After Greg had dragged him back inside, Nick was furious with anger and...hate. He hated that...who? He didn't even have a name. What could he call him? Maniac? He hated that this faceless monster had taken control over their lives, he could play his sick game with them and it seemed there was nothing Nick could do to stop him, to keep him away from Catherine. When his anger had slowly faded away he witnessed the last moments of Catherine's freak-out. It was terrible for him to see her like this, feeling like a prisoner in her own house which was supposed to be her shelter, her save haven while a storm was raging outside.

Nick already knew that she suspected they had the wrong guy but while witnessing how desperate she was to clear things up he tended more and more to believe her. "Nick...we will get him?" It didn't sound like a statement, more like a helpless question, begging him to stop this nightmare. His throat was sore from his outburst a few moments ago so his answer was nothing more than a quite whisper. "We will, I promise."

"Don't worry, I'll take care of her, You can call her every five minutes, if it makes you happy" Had she just rolled her eyes on him? Didn't she realize the seriousness of this situation? He was not going to lie Catherine's life in someone else's hands. "You think that would make me happy? Calling her is not what I had in mind...I will drive. If anybody is to take her to the lab to talk to Brass, then it is ME! You can come with us but I'm not gonna let you two go alone." And with that he took the keys from Sara and walked up to Catherine who was still standing at the front door. He put his arm around her and guided her to the car. Sara followed them out and a sleepy Greg, who seemed to numbly follow just because everyone did, walked behind her.

9. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

She did not care that they were no longer alone. She did not care if the slightest contact brought out suspicion that they were together. She was in love with this man, and when he went to open the passenger side door for her she could no longer hold back. Her arms pulled him into a tight embrace as her head found the crook of his neck. She heard the other doors bang shut which indicated they were alone outside. Finally, some time alone with him, but at this moment being alone wasn’t her priority. Something much more important was. “Nick…,” she stopped as she pulled away to look in his eyes. “I realize I’m in danger, but you are the one he wants. And…I…I couldn’t handle it if something happened to you. I love you Nick. I…,” she stopped suddenly after she realized her confession. Her mouth still open in shock, she turned from him as she yanked her door open.

She closed her eyes briefly as she mouthed her own confession to herself again. ‘I love you?’ She shook her head in annoyance at her uncanny ability to say things from her heart when she was least prepared to hear it. Not to mention there was no telling what he was thinking. She quickly settled in her seat almost afraid to look in his direction as she heard the passenger door shutting in response to her silly response. She absentmindedly rubbed at her temple as she felt his weight settle into the driver’s seat. The tension she felt was so thick, but was eased a bit once they turned onto the highway.

She noticed slightly the light banter between Sara and Greg, and was thankful that maybe they did not feel the tension or notice anything from moments ago. Catherine felt a bit relieved when she felt the Denali come to a full stop outside of the lab. She was the first one out of the car as she quickly walked into the lab as the others trailed behind her.

10. ButterFlied92

ButterFlied92 Lab Technician

Nick staggered to gain his balance again as Catherine threw herself onto him. His arms settled naturally around her waist and cradled her head in the crook of his neck. He quickly started to feel his nerves twisting into a knot, fearing that the twisted man behind the letters was watching them there and then in the driveway. She started pulling away from him, but his arms stayed locked around her. “Nick, I realize I’m in danger, but you’re the one he wants.” His head raised up and his dark eyes locked with her clear ones. “And I…I couldn’t handle it if something happened to you. I love you. Nick, I-“ Her eyes widened and her grip on his arms slackened as her lips whispered something to herself. Stealing a look back up at him, she quickly threw open the passenger side door of his Denali as he stared after her. She was only a matter of feet away from him, but it seemed like miles.

‘She loves me? Love?! Does she really?’ He shook his head slowly, realizing that he’d been standing outside of his Denali for a minute. He rounded around the front of the SUV and opened the door, sliding into his seat. The door closed against his leg as he sat there for a moment. He loved her too, but how could he possibly ever express that to her? His undying, unconditional love for her? A cough came from the back seats and he jumped. Turning the key in the ignition, the SUV jumped to life and rattled his head further, backing out of Cath’s driveway and onto the highway into downtown Las Vegas. Greg and Sara began fighting about an item on their case as he pulled into the secure parking area outside of the lab. Cutting the engine, he cleared his throat. “Cath-“ Before he could continue, she turned without a glance and jumped out of the SUV.

Grabbing the keys, he jumped out of his side of the Denali and ran after Catherine, already almost at the door of the lab. “Catherine!” Nick reached out and latched his hand around her wrist, twirling her back around to face him. “Cath,” He searched her eyes for some kind of validation of the confession back at her house. “Cath, I-I…we’ll be okay. Let’s go tell Grissom.” By now, Greg and Sara caught up to them at the doors. Holding the door open for Catherine, Nick followed in after her. Walking up to the front desk, Nick tapped the desk of a short blonde woman. “Judy, is Grissom in his office?” She smiled back up at him and nodded, proceeding with her typing on the computer. Nodding at Catherine, Nick led her by the small of her back down the hallway toward their supervisor’s office. Latching onto her hand, he squeezed it tight as he entered their supervisor’s open office.

Sitting at the desk, Grissom sat with the easily recognizable Brass, talking quietly. That is, until Grissom’s eyes settled onto Nick and Catherine. Keeping his hand tight onto Cath’s, Nick nodded towards Brass as the two of them entered deeper into the space. “Catherine, you still have one more day of administrative leave. And it’s the morning, the rest of the shift went home hours ago.”

“Grissom,” Nick quietly said. “And Brass. We need to talk about something. I-I got another letter this morning. In the morning paper. And there were pictures. Of us. Outside. Last night.” Nick’s eyes settled onto the floor, trying to find something to stare at besides Grissom’s eyes.

11. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

She watched as Sara and Greg headed to the nearest restroom, and wished immediately she had followed them. The tension in Grissom's office seemed to immediately turn heavy as they walked in, and she could not help but roll her eyes at Grissom first response to them. It was classic that h e was more concerned with the fact that she still had another day of administrative leave. Not, hey guys good to see you, how are you doing? Instead she received a lecturing tone of returning to work too soon while everyone else had left already. Her cheeks glowed red with embarrassment as he seemed to belittle her in front of Brass and Nick. She shook her head in utter frustration as Nick responded before she had a chance to formulate a response back to him. Truth was she was desperately trying to bite her tongue, avoiding saying something that she would most likely regret as her anger wore off.

“Grissom…,and Brass,” Nick whispered as he met both of their gazes. “We need to talk about something. I-I got another letter this morning. In the morning paper. And there were pictures. Of us. Outside. Last night.” Catherine noticed that Nick’s words were clipped and jammed together like he could not get it out fast enough.

Grissom looked from Nick to Catherine as he shook his head slowly in disbelief. “What? We have solid evidence against the guy we have in custody. Neil Howard’s DNA was found on your neck Catherine.”

“Well, that has to be a mix up of some sort because it’s not him. Once I had time to calm down I realized things weren’t adding up. For example, the accent is off. The guy that tried to abduct me…he sounded educated. Neil’s accent is loaded with a heavy back roads kind of country accent. Someone that obviously did not receive any sort of formal education,” Catherine stopped as she looked from Grissom to Brass.

“Catherine, people can fake an accent. Or do anything to thwarted being a suspect,” Grissom responded back with little to no emotion. He obviously was not buying what she was saying, and his lack of ability to be open to the situation was only intensifying her mood.

“Dammit Grissom! For once will you just listen to me before dismissing what I have to say. This is Serious.” She could feel the heat radiating from her face, and knew she was flushed to the core. She could just envision the red splotches that were forming on her neck. “I’m telling you that you have the wrong guy locked up.” She watched on in frustration as Grissom turned his attention to Brass, and both of them seemed unmoved.

“You have to do something! He’s still out there waiting…just feeding at the idea of hurting Nick or me for that matter.”

She was caught off guard as Brass, who had remained quiet, suddenly moved to her side. "Cath...Maybe you just need a break. Maybe some water or something," he whispered as he massaged her shoulders.

"Don't," was all she managed as she pulled away. Her whole posture stiffened as she looked at Brass. "God...you're treating me like some victim that has gone off the deep end. Well, screw you," she retorted icily as she stepped further away from him.

"Catherine, it’s normal for anyone to...react this way under extreme duress. You were almost abducted in our parking lot. Just from his letters alone, I'm sure you can just imagine his intensions towards you. That alone is enough to cause a lack of judgment on your part," Grissom spoke as he looked at Brass then at Nick.

Her blood began to boil to a new degree of hot at Grissom's reduction of her. "Like Hell Grissom, you can’t disregard the photos we received this morning. They are proof he stalked us last night. How could Neil possibly do that…if he was in lock up all night?” She stared firmly at him before she continued. “Why don’t you do your job, instead excusing away new evidence,” she growled as she tossed the new evidence envelop that contained the latest pictures and letter on his desk.

"Excuse me?" Grissom asked as he fumbled with his eye glasses that were now in his hands.

She was about to respond back but was interrupted as the hallway was suddenly filled with loud disruptions of officers shouting, and a man pleading to get through. “JUST…please let go! I need to MAKE things right. I NEED to speak to the man in charge. LET GO…I need to speak with someone regarding my family’s deaths. DAMN it…,” the man seemed to be in obvious distress as his voice rose and fell as he struggled to break free. Catherine being the closest to the door stepped out in the hall way as Brass rushed past her. What she saw was a bit unnerving as she witnessed Marty Levinsworth being pushed up against the wall.

It seemed her professional side took over even though she was not supposed to be working. “Let him go!” She shouted as she jogged over to him. “This is Marty Levinsworth, who found his family murdered last week. Brass motioned for his officer to loosen their grip as he turned to Catherine and pulled her aside momentarily.

“Nick and I are working this triple homicide. This is where everything started. At his house, Nick received his first letter in his Denali. Let me re-interview him. He might have pertinent information for us.”

“I don’t know if that is a good idea…,” Brass started as she interrupted him.

“I can Handle this. I’m not a powerless victim here. Let me DO my job. Please.” He shook his head in defeat as he motioned for his officers to escort Marty to an interrogation room. “Take him to room three, and hey…one of you stays in there as she questions him. Brass then turned back to Catherine as he spoke. “Anything funny…and we are pulling you out.” She watched as Brass walked away as she entered the smallest room they had available. She quietly shut the door behind her as an officer stood in control in the corner of the room closest to the only door.

“Mr. Levinsworth. I don’t think we met. I’m Catherine Willows from the crime lab. I’m currently investigating your family’s case,” she smiled as she took a seat across from him.

He seemed nervous as beads of perspiration formed on his upper lip and forehead. “I just…I just need to talk. I’ve kept this in for too long, and…,” he stopped as his hands jerkily moved to his temples and attempted a massage. “I-know-who-killed-my-wife! OH…God…I know who killed my family,” that was when he broke down into a barrel of sobs as his hands clenched at his cheeks nearly drawing blood.

12. CathStokes

Sara walked into the restroom and looked at herself in the mirror thinking of all the "romance" crap she's witnessed between Nick and Catherine these last few days. She rolled her eyes, "What the hell?" She quickly covered her mouth, afraid that someone else was in there. She leaned down looking through each of the bottom of each stall and didn't see anyone, she walked back to the mirror and took a deep breath, "God, why on earth do they have to get all FLUFFY in front of ME" She sighed and walked into one of the stalls and sat down, "Morons"

13. CSIWillows

CSIWillows Rookie

Great updates guys :)

14. MrsWillows

MrsWillows Rookie

Nice updates but can we get a little bit more? thanks!

15. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

Okay guys!!!! I know its been a very long time since we have had an update...my bad! I finally found someone to be a back up for Butterflied because well things are quite crazy for her at the moment. Anyhow...lostladyknight will be playing Nick. Please welcome her aboard!!!! Thanks for all your patience, and I hope we haven't lost any of our readers because we are hopefully back on track!!!!