Hockey Fans

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by misscsiny, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

Wooo yay Chelios! I love my "mad Greek". I love that age doesn't stop him. It's the Greek in him :lol:.

I totally forgot that George Parros, another Greek American, is on the Ducks. Now I don't feel so bad about them winning :D.

2. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Didn't Mike Keenan got a job in Team Sweden?I don't remember the title. At least that's what they said during the World Championships.

He is quite...interesting person. He is very familiar with us Finns and visits here a lot and also is usually a guest at somepoint in World Championships in our studio. they also pulled his name to the discussion where we were getting new head coach and surprise surprise, we got Canadian one :rolleyes: Not all are happy about it but I guess they wanted to give Shedden a chance to be noticed in Canada since WC is in Canada 2008 :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And isn't Chelios like... 100 years old? :p

3. Chris_miami

Chris_miami Hit and Run

I'm gonna pout about your sig DaWacko, seeing as I'm a Canucks fan and your team killed mine.
    honestly, my only opnion on the Mike Keenan as HC for the Flames is that they definately need a new one. If he's the guy, let's hope he does better for them.

4. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

lol well im sure keenan can do better than playfair did. and i mean hes got the same no-nonsense personaloty as sutter (the flames ex HC and now GM). i mean playfair couldnt even get the team motivated at times....sutter had to go down to the room to talk some sense into the players.

oh and about the awards.....i honestly was a little ticked at malkin winning the calder (rookie of the year). in my opinion it should have been jordan staal.

oh well....bring on the draft!

5. Ducky

OOoo.... our players got something as well :D

Saku Koivu King Clancy Memorial Trophy

aand Minnesota winning William M. Jennings Trophy and their other goalie is Niclas Bäckström :D

6. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

hmmm ottawa fired muckler and promoted brian murray to gm. interesting, though i knew that an announcement about that would be happening nefore friday. i mean if you're gonna fire the gm you do it before the draft. lol.

and tony salmelainen (i cant believe i can still spell that right) is back in canada!! :D he used to be on the bulldogs as an edmonton prospect (back when the oilers and habs shared the team) and now hes with the habs....in a trade that happened to involve another former oiler, sergei samsonov. :lol:

oh and the flyers got kimmo timonen and scott hartnell (i was hoping the oilers would take him) for a draft pick.

ok i think thats enough hockey geeking out for me....for now anyways ;)

7. Ducky

I can't believe it either! :p He has uncommon name, since it's with "y" (Toni is here the more common version) He is great player, I guess bit underestimated in NHL, almost like Teppo Numminen has been thru his career.

[/QUOTE]
    oh and the flyers got kimmo timonen and scott hartnell (i was hoping the oilers would take him) for a draft pick.

[/QUOTE]

I always thought Stars was full of FInns but looks like Flyers are getting there since they have already Pitkänen, Kapanen and Niittymäki :eek:

Kime (=K Timonen) has been my fave for years *blush*

8. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

oh i love the finns! :) ive always loved janne niinimaa, the koivu brothers and toni lydman :)

but dont worry, i love my canadians too :D

9. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

ok cant edit so im just posting :)

ok so free agent day in the nhl...highlights: briere to philly, rafalski to the wings, corey sarich to the flames, tarnstrom to the oilers, dvorak to the panthers, and mathieu schneider to the ducks, and ouellet to the lightning.

gomez was really close to signing with the rangers (hmmm that would have ticked off some devils fans :lol:) but that fell through.

and joe thornton extended his contract with the sharks and iginla is "close" to signing a deal to extend his contract with the flames.

and neidermayer is possibly thinking seriously of retirement. to the point that he called the ducks gm this morning to inform him of that he was leaning towards retiring.

-this info coming from TSN (which i am watching atm)

oh and bad news for Oilers fans...jason smith and joffrey lupul got traded to the flyers for joni pitkanen (good dman) and geoff sanderson, peter sykora signed with the pens, and ryan smyth signed with the avs (of all teams he had to go there)

10. Ducky

Rafalski played few years in our national league :p And in a team that I hate :rolleyes:

Here we mostly wait to hear if Teemu continues his career or not.

11. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

lol, yeah. i know how the waiting game goes. on this side of the atlantic its more about if (well, more like when) scott neidermeyer will retire. then if Teemu continues.

12. Ducky

Ah! Bumping this again. Poor Tuomo Ruutu - was arrested by mistake :lol:

from Chicago Sun-Times

Ruutu runs into a problem

November 28, 2007

A case of mistaken identity turned a post-practice jog into a sticky situation for Blackhawks forward Tuomo Ruutu.

Ruutu was detained by Bensenville police Tuesday after taking a jog around a nearby park after practice. There had been an armed robbery near The Edge Ice Arena, and Ruutu, dressed in black Hawks warmups, apparently fit the description of the suspect.

''It wasn't the first time I've been in the wrong place at the wrong time,'' Ruutu said. ''It happens to me all the time.'

---

Otherwise about current NHL season - I have to say OJ (O. Jokinen) in Panthers is on fireee :eek: He has been playing so well - even Panthers don't do ...erm.. always so .. well.

Panthers give me mixed feelings - I've basicly hated 'em every since they once in the 90s dropped Penguins in play-offs :p

13. somethingsdont

somethingsdont Lab Technician

I'm a huge Montreal Canadiens fan, but I haven't had much time to keep up with hockey this NHL season. Vinny Lecavalier is tearing apart the league, though. He's always been good, both on and off the ice, but man, he's such an exciting player to watch, even if the Lightning have other issues.

14. flackie_boo

flackie_boo Hit and Run

Lecavalier is great to watch, he's such a good player. I also love seeing St.Louis play because he's so short and he's a great player too.

If anyone here has heard of Dustin Boyd ( he's signed by the Flames... and has played a couple games with them.) Well my brother knows him. I've never met him myself, but my brother got me an autographed card from him.

Oh wow, I love hockey.

15. somethingsdont

somethingsdont Lab Technician

Yeah, St. Louis is a little monster on the ice. He's so short but somehow manages to outskate everyone. I love this picture:
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/bleedingphoenix/57495605.jpg

I'm not sure if this has already happened or not, but my friends and I joke about how Chara merely holding his stick would constitute high-sticking when St. Louis is standing by, heh.

Edit: No wider pics than 450px. It's said in Welcome to Misc -DaW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.