Movies that Traumatized You!

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by quoth_the_raven, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Movies that shock me euhm truthfuly? NONE. I've NEVER had a nightmare about a movie .. and I've never said "i'm not watching that movie ever again cause it's too scary."

I think it has something to do with the fact that when I was 6, I was already watching The Terminator, The Gremlins and various other "scary" movies :p

2. SaraStar

SaraStar Pathologist

Ahh I know! I've never liked flying, but after seeing United 93 I hate even more. It's a really, really good movie too.

Another movie that freaked me out was American History X. Not really because it's scary, but because the things you see are so horrible. We watched it in history class and everybody left the classroom all speechless. :p

3. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

dito!

I've watched that movie in cinema on a big screen and when the girl in the closet was shown I totally jerked and screamed out loud. Luckily the cinema wasn't fully loaded. But that scene was so scary. And the second scene you've mentioned too. Since I've seen that movie I'm totally scared of movies that involves ghosts or murderes with long black hair. :lol: I couldn't sleep for over a week. And everytime I'm lying in my bed and suddenly I have to thing of this movie I imagine Samara crawling through my room up to my bed. :eek: I'm so loopy. :D

But I still watch such movies! I can't resist.

Other movies:

Ghost Ship

I was kinda scared with the little girl everytime she suddenly appeared. Oo

The Call

another asian horro movie. Similar to The Ring. Murdered girl with long black hair. :eek:
    I was so scared when that girl crawled on the wall around the corner during the TV show. I rarely looked at the screen.^^

Ju-On

I've seen one of the japanese ones, but I was kinda confused, because so many people died and dieappeared. And this noise the yound woman made when she crawled down the stairs totally scared me. And I watched this movie after lunch. It was shown on 13th Street and my dad's been on the PC and always looked at me. "Dear, are you scared?" Oo

Pulse

Just've seen this movie yesterday and I didn't see much of it. I always hid behind my pillow just as my friend did. And she decided to take it. ^^
    I really hate it if ghosts that look so angry suddenly appear right in front of the camera. :eek: Or when something appears in the background while you're totally focused on the action in the foreground. When Mattie visited Josh's room and she's been in the kitchen there was nothing in the background. There's been a plane and behind it there's been some stuff stored and suddenly a person stood up (it's been Josh) and my friend and I screamed and almost jumped off our seats. :lol:

Hmm...are there other movies?

Blair Witch Project

Though it took me more than two hours to watch it (I had to make some breaks because I became dizzily because of the camera perspectives) I wished I hadn't watched it. Since this movies I hate going camping more than ever. I was so scared in the end when Mike and Heather entered the house and found, well..somehow nothing, but there's been something. I was so traumatized when Mike stood in front of the wall and Heather was filming it and was always sreaming his name and he didn't do anything. And thenn suddenly something popped against Heather and the camera fell on the floor. :eek:

}Haunted Hill

OMG..such a traumatizing movie. I think we watched it in cinema. And when that moderator (the blond woman) was filming this empty room but on the camera there's been a team of docs and nurses operating someone/-thing(?) and suddenly looked up right in the camera I just wanted to run away. :lol: It was so scary. I couldn't sleep well for the next few days.

Though I never sleep well after such movies I still watch them. I love such movies that scares the s*** out of me. It's weird. :lol: (But my friend also loves such movies and she's also everytime totally scared) ^^

4. cityxstargazers

cityxstargazers Victim

I'm gonna go with Borat. The movie was funny, but the naked wrestling scene was way unecessary and it made me feel sick, and I don't get sick easily.

5. Alien_from_mars

Alien_from_mars Prime Suspect

The van in jeepers creepers. The film didnt creep me out but that van did. Everytime I see a van like that now it gives me the shivers!

6. breakbeat

breakbeat Hit and Run

I think as other people have said - Nightmare on Elm street.. never been able to watch more than 5 mins..

28 days later.. Could not finish watching it, it really really upset me.. when the men are going to rape the young teenage girl and the woman.. the woman gives the girl a load of pills to "knock her out so she wont feel anything"... urg.. makes me feel sick just thinking about it..
    I can generally deal with fantasy films... but realistic horrific situations that theorectically could happen to me just creep me out too much I think...

7. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

It came on HBO here one time and my brother and I were watching it late at night... I had already heard all the things about it, including remarks from my sister's friends who said it was the only movie they've ever walked out of. It was around midnight when I watched it... oh dear god :( I got through like the first hour of it and I was in tears, I couldn't watch the rest. I felt this movie truly went too far.

I still can't watch those by myself :lol: I've seen the first one billions of times now, and even though it's a chessy movie from the 80s it still creeps me out to no end. I think Freddy's morbid humor can be funny sometimes, but he still scares the crap out of me :lol:

8. Alien_from_mars

Alien_from_mars Prime Suspect

Nightmare on Elm street is hilarious. All the way through I was laughing, its comical.
    I guess if you watch it nowadays its not as scary as people use to think it was.

9. Comte

Comte Police Officer

You're freaked by The Ring?
    Oh boy,have you seen the original Japanese movie?
    THAT would have scared you senseless..Believe me...
    The Hollywood version was watered down,imho...Wasn't frightening as the original one...

*Asians have a knack for making truly,creepy spook films*

That being said,the movie that creeped me was The Exorcist.Period..
    I was 12 when i watched that movie on video...

10. oceanbirch

oceanbirch CSI Level Two

I wouldn't say I was traumatized, but The Day After creeped me out. It made me really stop and think about what life would be like after a nuclear holocaust. I hope I'm never around to witness anything like that.

11. poppylvsgriss

poppylvsgriss Police Officer

candyman is absolutely horrendous. :( my friend made me watch it when we were 15 and i haven't been able to bring myself to watch it since! :rolleyes:

12. cindy

cindy Hit and Run

the Ring!!!oh my god,I had so many nightmares after this one!I was so afraid that this samara girl would come out of my tv!

oh,and also titanic traumatized me pretty much,I thought this was the longest and most boring movie ever made!

13. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

The Towering Inferno traumatized me when I saw it first. Of course I was only about 10 at the time (what stupid TV programmer decides that it's a suitable movie for Christmas night I don't know)
    Still freaks me out a bit every time I watch it, and i've never been comfortable with the idea of living too far off the ground floor after that.

14. Nienna Berylla

Nienna Berylla CSI Level Two

^^ That movie was totaly scary i know how you feel. I am always been afraid of the woods espacialy in the night but after seeing this movie i am totaly freaked out for walking into it and also so freaked out by the story. It was a bit to scary for me and real..

But the one that makes me afraid the most is exorist the beginning why because its to real for me, I really believe in stuff like that and after seeing it i had terible nigtmares and i was afraid to stay alone at home or go out. I even didnt want to sleep alone any more. I cant explaine how scared i was but i will never ever see that movie again of my whole life. NO freaking way!!! :eek:

15. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

:lol: Little old me was terrified of little old Chucky :rolleyes: Everytime I saw Freddy in his Christmas Sweater and heard his off the wall remarks, I would just laugh and watch the movies from beginning to end, I admit, I still can't bear to watch Johnny Depp dying in the first one though :p