Season 8 Wishlist

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Calihan, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Re: Season 8 Wishlist

The "make a muscle Nicky" took place in the crimelab, and that scene only took place because Catherine was making a point that related to the case. Nick was being naive again, so she was waking him up to it by using him as an example. She proved her point and they moved on with the case. Strictly professional.

Okay, let's go through this.

Ellie: Ellie is the suspect in a murder investigation, thus placing Brass at odds with Vega and the crimelab. Brass oversteped the boundaries and became a suspect himself, but he was wiser for it. All case related.

Hollywood Brass: Ellie's friend is missing so she rings her Dad who goes to LA to assist with the investigation, Warrick jumping on board to help. Gave CSI a chance to spread it's wings to California, but again, case related.

Way to Go: Jim was dying, of course his daughter would be there. Not case related as such, but she didn't dominate the episode.

My point of all this being that in all the examples Ellie has been directly linked to a case. She places Jim in awkward situations where he has to make a judgment call, and nine times out of ten he makes the right one. And, just to say it before someone else does, "Hollywood Brass" did give us Jim's backstory in regards to Nancy and Ellie, but it didn't dominate the episode. The episode was all about finding the missing girl and bringing down a corrupted man.

That's what sets Ellie apart from many of the other personal life stories. Hell, even Eddie was case related! And we didn't see Sara on a date with Hank except for in "The Finger" but they used that as a way for Catherine to pass on the evidence. Back then everything was done tactfully. Now it's just tacky.

2. loki

loki Lab Technician

^^ I agree with that.

** Bring back the tactfulness!! :lol:

Ah! How fun would that be! Add that to my list, too! lol

Clarrisani, you're a genius :p

3. spankme

spankme Victim

You're right. CSI is not number six. The Nielsens now rate it number seven, season to date. Greys Anatomy is now number six and now it is the number one scripted show and not CSI. Does that make you feel any better? You might want to read what you see on the internet a little bit closer.

As already mentioned Romeo and Juliette died and they were only in their early teens. This is a man who is in his 50's and knows better than to risk the good name of the Vegas lab and it's results than get himself into an unethical relationship. Either switch someone to day shift and don't work with them again or someone quit the lab so they can be together. Let's not forget "The Accused is Entitled" where the lawyer went after the personal lives of the CSI's including Sara brushing the dust off Gil. If it got out they were dating and working on the same case as Supervisor and Subordinate it would taint all those cases and lawyers would have a field day. The original Gil would never risked all the good work he and the other team members have done.

Wishlist: first epi Catherine takes Gil out behind the barn and whups some sense into him. He immediately makes arrangements for Sara, if she pulls through, to transfer to San Francisco. Catherine pays for the ambulance to get her there.

4. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Well, it still number one on Television on CBS. Along it stay on Top 10, they will be fine.

Neilsens rating is a bunch of bull, they don't know the right one. Don't believe that crap. We don't really know how many people watch the show. They said, they quit watching, but they probably did watch it.

5. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

TIME OUT RIGHT NOW! EVERYONE Read All Of This Post

Okay explain to me how the he..ck this went so freaking far off topic that its giving me a headache? Scratch that DON'T explain it! -- At first we allowed a conversation to start hoping that while it was a touch off topic it was still ON TOPIC, but it turned further and further and now its stretching and its NOT just one person involved there are several. -- Now lets pay attention everyone!

Topic: Season 8 Wishlist

-This thread isn't for ANY Ship debating that is done in SC the proper forum, take it there.
    -This thread isn't for bashing ANY ships, you're entitled to you're opinion and some might or might not like it either way figure away to deal with it.
    -This thread is not for attacking/flamming or being rude to other posters for their opinions, play nice or get a warning you're choice.

If I have to explain what this thread is for then there is a big communication problem. We don't mind a small amount of talk about ships for example..

"I like GSR because their my fav Couple"
    "I don't like GSR because its not a couples show its about science"

Getting into the ethics of right and wrong that is "debating" and over the boundary line for this forum. Take this as a gentle reminder because if this comes off topic like THIS again we will either issue a warning or lock the thread. I don't care who started it, I don't care who said more or who was defending themselves or their ship/s, etc. It's over as of NOW, we were patient enough to allow you all to try and resolve it, that didn't happen and now I AM resolving it, it ends here. Now its time to get back on topic.

Thank you.

6. Barbarella

Barbarella Lab Technician

My new wish for S8? Spin Grissom off into his own show. Sara dies and Grissom leaves Las Vegas for a new job/teaching assignment or whatever. He can move to Chicago so that Billy can film in his hometown where he's happiest and do theater right there in his off time.

I'd still settle for my ongoing wish of guys breaking into Gris' place while he showering and him having to defend himself in a towel until Sofia responds to the scene. (Oh, come on...how much fun would THAT scene be?) :D

And I concur with everone that wants a return to the old formula of the show that drew viewers to it in the first place - proceedural crime-drama/mystery with just splashes of the fact that they have lives outside of the job. Too much personal life in the show makes it just as boring as the rest of the stuff on tv. I want to be excited about thursday nights again.

7. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Must continue gsr!! but also develop love interest for Nick. I think these glimpses into their personal lives keep the show on top of other crime shows. People need to like the characters for them to want to watch year after year. I like the mix of dark episodes with lighter topics. I love the gsr moments! The writers are doing a great job of revealing their feelings for each other without detracting from the crime stories.

8. grssom89

grssom89 Pathologist

simple a season 9 :)

9. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I like that. I am going to add a Season 9 to my wishlist too. :D

10. Steve_G

Steve_G Civilian

More LH
    A Greg / Wemdy cenrtic episode
    Less Hodges sucking up
    More shuffling round of pairings
    More one liners (heck more comedy)
    A Super-Dave centric episode
    A Bobby centric episode

11. ericloca

ericloca Lab Technician

An Warrick centered episode !!!!!!!! And some cute Sandle scenes ...

12. Lizn8rFoxy

Lizn8rFoxy Lab Technician

I wish for Sara and Grissom to actually be able to show their love and now that everyone knows it will be alright. I hope the whole kidnapping and Sara almost dead thing will open Grissom's eyes and see that he could lose her and now that she is alright, he can really show and tell her how he feels. and i think Catherine should hook up with nick ;) and then get pregnant. (you have to throw something drastic in there) add some drama :D
    I would just have to laugh if any of this actually happens!

13. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

Jeezus people got really heated on here. Caaaaalm down and lighten up! Obviously you ain't ever gonna agree so, I dunno, go have a beer or something :D I mean that in the nicest possible way. Hate to see people at each others throats like this.

Back to the wishlist.
    *Grissom riding roller coasters again*

14. LemonJelly06

LemonJelly06 Lab Technician

mmm beer.... more beer in season 8 ;)

15. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

LOL, yes, Grissom drunk would be bloody fantastic. But I highly doubt that'll happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.