Calleigh & Ryan #6: Setting Laptops On Fire - CaRWash

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by _Calleigh_, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. supercsi4

supercsi4 Victim

Oh my gosh, thanks again for all the help on ages and birthdays and everything. My latest fic I'm working on is a love triangle thingy between Ryan, Calleigh, & Jake but for my next fic, I'm thinking of going back to that episode with H's wedding and writing a what if Ryan & Calleigh had went to the wedding together instead.

Second time around and I still didn't really like the Throwing Heat epsiode last night, not enough Ryan & Calleigh and too much Delko drama and way too much of Calleigh's insanely curly hair.

2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

thanks for the b-day info!! i LOVED that scene, i actually just got done watching it & ya just cant help but get the cheezy smile on your face when he says that. isnt it so obvious that he is into her?? i think he holds back alot out of fear of rejection or maybe he thinks shes out of his league but to me you can see theres definately a little crush going on between them! now we just have to wait for the writers to pull their heads out of their a**es & put them where they belong! all of them!!!

3. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

hey no problem guys, always happy to help my fellow CaRWashers!! oh and i watched Shock tonight. lots of CaRWash time!!!! it was so awesome!!!! i just hope they have that in S6!!!! *crosses fingers*

4. CaRWash_Cutie

CaRWash_Cutie Rookie

So I've decided that TPTB totally hate me today. First I was watching my taped copy of Shock (rewinding the parts of "You're fantastic" and the giggle over and over again ;)) and the tape snapped! Totally discintigrated which I didn't think was possible!

Then I finally saved up enough money to buy season 4 on DVD (I was thinking that it was great since I just lost my taped version of my favorite epis to the vicious VCR). I went to the local Wal-mart to get it (I knew it was there cause I had visited it on a weekly basis (yes I'm that weird! ;))) Anyway, I get there only to find that they were completely sold out. I went to two more Wal-marts and called every one within an hour drive of my house and no one has it. I've tried every store I can think of and NO ONE has even one copy of season 4! I've been on the phone all night calling every video store or any store that sells videos to see if they have it and they're all out! I'm beginning to wonder if TPTB recalled all the DVDs just cause they knew I wanted one! :rolleyes:

*breathes deeply* Anyhoo, thanks for the cookie! I think I have sold her on CaRWash finally!

I'm working on a new idea for a CaRWash fic so look for it soon! Keep the faith girls! Septmeber 24th isn't that far away!

5. hahaguy

hahaguy Rookie

hey CarWash_Cutie i knowa place to get all the seasons of csi miami for cheap. the place is called deepdiscount.com that is where i got all of my dvd's. i kept on rewinding that "your fantastic" scene to, i just love that seen. :)

6. Hestia

Hestia Coroner

You deserve it. [​IMG] Especially now that you can't find that season 4 DVD you want (what bad luck). TPTB have never had our best interests at heart, so maybe they did curse you, just to spite you. :lol:

That's okay. :lol: I've always wanted to visit Greece, I know a few Greek words, I like Greek food, my understanding of Greek lettering is fairly good, and I really like Greek mythology (other mythology too but Greek mythology the most :D)

I didn't know all that about their age. Well, the part about an actor playing younger than they really are. Wolfe did look kinda young when he first showed up. (is that why he's so haughty? To compensate for his lack of experience and his youth?)
    But then Calleigh also looked young in the pilot. My, how these two have grown. *sniff* :)
    It would've been nicer if they had grown without all the bumps and sidetracking along the way...

7. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

Sorry to step in here, but thanks for the link, I've been looking for a good way to get Miami DVD's so thanks :)

8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

so its being said that indeed ryan will be back working on a case in the season premier!

9. inge

inge CSI Level Two

Hi!
    A 'strange' idea entered my mind:
    maybe the whole Jake/Eric/Calleigh triangle won't destroy our dreams.
    I can imagine a totally confused Calleigh, unsure about her feelings. She decides to have a break and to have some fun and so she went out with a neutral person to clear her mind or maybe Jake and Eric act like complete morons and she has enough. The person is - of course - Ryan. They spent a lot of good time together, Ryan is there for here and listens to her problemns and acts like a gentleman and after a while she realizes that Ryan is the one.
    :D

10. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

I haven't done a spoiler in so long.. anyways: wow! I'm glad he'll be back to work!

Aww, that would be so nice if she would realize Ryan was the one, and hopefully we'll get some scenes again. *crosses fingers*

11. hahaguy

hahaguy Rookie

i totally agree with inge . that would be awesome if cal got confused about her 2 relationships and finds out that ryan is the 1 for. and i don't mean to affend any 1 who likes jake but i hope he gets killed!!!!!!!!!!!

12. carla

carla Dead on Arrival

you guys, i know nikki hasn't been around for a while to remind you, but please mind the 3-line rule :) thankies.

mjszud- the horatio/natalia thing? oh, i'm no horatio/natalia shipper either, believe me :rolleyes: i just often saw that there were new posts in that particular thread, and since i'd never seen even the slightest indication of the possibility through season 4, i was curious :D now, with that scene in "curse of the coffin," i see where they might have gotten the idea from. the smiles and such, i guess it could be taken as shippy.

as for the whole ages discussion, i'm not 100% sure so a second check might be in order, but i think the peeps over at the JT-RW thread tried, a while back, to calculate ryan's age from the details we've been given in the show, and concluded that the youngest he could be was 5 years younger than calleigh. yeah, ryan did look like he was 20 when he came in, but apparently it takes some time to work up his way through training and patrol, so he was actually like in his mid-twenties :)

what, you mean BESIDES the insane squee-ing? :lol:

oh, i love "shock," it's my second favorite episode EVER. to be truthful, during that scene i wasn't really even listening to what they said, more like watching their expressions-- i'll never be able to get ryan's out of my head: his eyes shining as he looked at her like she was the most amazing thing since sliced bread! oh, it was too good for words :D took me back to "under the influence" and when the crush started :p then i watched it again and realized that, yes, even the dialogue was incredibly shippy ;) oh, what a great episode, that was. gives me warm and fuzzy feelings every time :)

you guys are so lucky to be getting season 4 reruns! they're airing S5 for the first time here, and next wednesday's episode is "burned"-- blah :mad: not at the top of my list, no, not even close. i guess i'll just have to stick to the DVDs ;)

oh, definitely. though i'm sure eric's pushing also helped. now he's stuck that way, it seems :rolleyes:

and wow, we're already getting spoilers from next season? it feels like just yesterday that s5 ended! maybe it's because i'm watching it all over again...

every day i'm more convinced that calleigh's thing with eric is just a product of her freaking out over the possibility of losing another friend. i mean, he was so vulnerable after he was shot, it's only natural. it's eric himself i'm more worried about, because he probably does feel something for her. and jake, of course, but if he dies like my gut is telling me, that wouldn't be much of a problem. and ryan can step in at any time ;) though part of me just wants TPTB to leave calleigh be for a while, before she gets involved with ryan. which she will, trust me :D someday.

see y'all around, and remember to keep up the momentum! we were on page 2 for a while but i think that was mostly because the other threads were just overflowing for a moment...

13. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

Yeah, Nikki has been so away from this thread lately...But I know she didn't give up on CaRWash.

All that ages thing leaves me confused, because there are times where they don't have exact information, and sometimes the continuity issue comes because of that. There's something about Ryan and his age that seems strange to me, maybe because he seemed too young when he came to had already been on patrol before :rolleyes:

"Shock" is a great episode :) There are moments like the "fantastic" one that we don't have all the time. But we could have more, if there wasn't some TPTB guys forgeting to put Ryan and Cal together on screen more often :p

But, to balance that negative point, we always have episodes like "Curse of the Coffin" that I saw yesterday for the first time :D After everything carla had said in the previous page, I was excited for it. And it didn't disapoint me. It was really cool and super funny :lol: Mostly because Ryan was so scared and Calleigh was so relaxed and kind of teasing him :p It was so cute, because she wasn't laughing at his face yet there was that smile behind it. But that's so part of their relationship, the funny moments :) Anyway, I love when they are walking in the graveyard (that is beautiful, btw)-not just the whole conversation(that was awesome by itself) but also the image it gave...so beautiful. Plus, now I know where the title of our thread is from! The computer scene was awesome...So I loved this episode, because it was funny and there was cute CaRWash interaction :)

[this is not meant to offend any other shipper of any other ship] About the possibilities for season 6, for me Jake doesn't have to die. I even think that it would be better if he didn't. I think that he should just go away to some place (isn't he the undercover? so go in some secret mission and forget Cal :p). Because if he goes away and never comes again, Calleigh is going to be hurt because of him leaving like nothing, she is going to feel forgotten and not have any other good feeling for him. Now if he dies, she is going to feel sad because he's gone, thinking of him and the good moments they could have, blah blah blah :rolleyes: Of course that if he dies Ryan can help her get over it, but my guess is that Eric would take that chance :eek: Then I think that Calleigh has to realise that Eric is just a friend, and he has to understand that she cared about him but it's not love. And he must find some cute latina girl to make him go with her...And leave the place open for Calleigh and Ryan, the place they deserve and are waiting for since season 3 :rolleyes:
    Afterall, it makes me think that she can't love any of them(Eric and Jake) that much, as she has kissed both in so little time, hasn't she? Yet I have heard that it looks like she was kind of pushed to the kisses by them, so yeah, they want her, but she is not the right girl for them :p
    Ok, just my imagination rolling but, either way, I do agree that when all this love triangle thing ends, Ryan can't go all the way straight to Calleigh (and her to him). Let's give time to them, so things are not rushed and they are perfectly aware of their feelings and so that they are confident that they are doing the right thing (we know that's the right thing :devil:)

And no, I'm not trying to "steal" carla's status of the Queen of Posting :lol: This was a long one just because I had quite a bit to say this time.

Edited to add the underlined word that I forgot before. Thanks to Hestia.

14. Hestia

Hestia Coroner

There are two huge posts above me; how am (a CarWash newbie) supposed to follow that up? Well, let's see....

First of all, mjszud, your spoilers just saved me from being a Horatio fan girl! Thanks a bunch! (and I told you all so...) ;)

Hi inge! Your idea isn't too strange. It's a good possibility and confused Calleigh looking for advice is something the writers can totally pull off (unless they decide it's Alexx she should turn to.) Either way, Ryan will eventually get paired up with her and he'll have to sense something's up.

Wow! :eek: I don't remember that! I can't recall him smiling so boyishly and sweet since the "going out for a beer" episode. Almost as adorable as his first episode with Calleigh (I can't forget how young he looked and his genuine smile). I think I might swoon here... curses! This is one of the reasons I can't stay mad at you Ryan! Hopefully Calleigh feels the same. :D

As for reasons I can stay mad at Eric (besides his involvement in, not one, but two atrocious love triangles)
    So you're telling me that this scuba diving playboy is the reason Ryan's become so aggressive and contemptuous? Makes sense... *sigh* Writers take note: if you can have character development for Eric where he lets up on his 'sleeping around ways', and if you can have character development on Horatio so he's some 'super powerful, one-man police force' who doesn't need to do lab work (nope not a fangirl. Take this with the desired sarcasm you wish :p), then surely you can make Ryan grow up. That's all. He was meticulous in his first few episodes and then started screwing up? I'd say it's because he gets flustered around Cal but even I'm not that delusional. (okay, maybe a bit...)

Now that I'm done rambling about something that will likely never happen, (come on, it's continuity I'm asking for. I have a better chance of meeting Eric Szmanda and Jonathan Togo together in person! *still-hoping* [​IMG])

Ahh, Curse of the Coffin. That was a genuinely funny, intriguing, and lovely episode (didn't realize those were rare on CSI Miami :rolleyes:) It wasn't just the shipper in me that liked it (my inner CaRWash shipper was relatively small at that time), the plot and silliness with Ryan and the 'curse', it was just great. Plus the laptop bursting into flames. Good title choice, girls!

Dani you have not offended me (oh, you meant other Miami ships? :lol:) But yeah, wherever Jake goes, I don't really care. His threat level to this ship is right down there with plants and baby llamas.
    I'm more afraid of what Calleigh would do to him if she found he was leaving her. She's up there with angry mama bear and quicksand (don't get me started on what an armed Calleigh ranks!)

Anyway, so Jake leaves Calleigh, Calleigh realizes she doesn't have feelings for Eric, Ryan and Calleigh reconnect as friends and then... well you all know the rest. :)

So that was my "long post" Won't be making anyone angry about the 3-line posting rule. And I will also say that I'm not stealing Carla's "posting queen" title. I just wanted to see how much I could write about CaRWash and maybe try to hold my own against Carla and Dani. Really, your posts are impressive! [​IMG]

15. mjszud

mjszud Captain

i agree, DANI , i think jake is going to end up doing a "bad cop" thing & cal will have major disappointment in him & it'll be over. maybe, by then they (e/c) will have already decided that they are just friends & that cal was only looking out for him. as much as i love carwash, i have to say i really would just like to see all the flirtiness & cutesy smiles. let it drag out for a while longer. they 'threw' e/c at us w/ this 'all the sudden' attraction which i personally felt seemed 'fake'. all in all, this is miami- its suppoosed to be about the 'heat' not really 'love' so im just going to wait for the chemistry to come back into play. it keeps us excited & intrigued.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.