Calleigh & Ryan #6: Setting Laptops On Fire - CaRWash

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by _Calleigh_, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hestia

Hestia Coroner

Hello csi_love! [​IMG] Another CaRWasher is always a good thing.

That's fine, Carla. I like the nine muses as well: Calliope, Clio, Erato, Euterpe, Melpomene, Polyhymnia, Terpsichore, Thalia, and Urania. (I love Greek mythology. Can't you tell? :D) And I'm glad you think Hestia's cool. ;)

Now for some actual on-topic chat.
    Hooray for CaRWash_Cutie's sister becoming a CaRWasher (to an extent)! :) Have a cookie. [​IMG]
    As for continuity, well it is CSI Miami. And that's why I'm positive I won't become a Horatio fangirl this coming fall. Remember my wager; Ryan will be back on the team by episode two or I'll become an "H girl". :lol:
    But the upside to a hurried return is that when Ryan does come back, he'll be with Calleigh (hopefully) and she'll sort out her disappointment with him. After all, he's a good guy underneath his bravado. The sooner she realizes this, the better.
    I'm really looking forward to them making up and moving on.

2. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

Welcome csi_love :) It's so good to welcome another of us!

Unfortunately there aren't as many cute CaRWash moments in season 5 as I would like to say...And I can tell that. I just watched "Death Eminent". Did I miss any part of the episode, or Calleigh and Ryan weren't together on screen even once? :(
    Wait a minute...When was that?! A pet name? :rolleyes:

Good to know that more family members are being converted to the obvious CaRWash love. Even those who pretend not to notice it, but then switch channel when they're together :p Now it's TPTB time :rolleyes:

A picture of them working. I like when they are both so focused looking at these virtual stuff. For some reason, I think it's cool :lol: Well, when they're together, that's cool for itself :)
    From Open Water Credits to crimelab.nl

On a side note, before seeing you here, I thought you were from Greece, Hestia :rolleyes:

3. carla

carla Dead on Arrival

TOP 10 REASONS WHY "CURSE OF THE COFFIN" WAS A GOOOOOD EPISODE (at least for me):

10. calleigh's makeup actually agreed with me. i never seem to like it, except when she's wearing black. go figure.

9. "it's not fear, it's out of respect. it's a holy offering, it's sacrilege to mess with it" --> BS! he was shaking in his bones :lol: messing up a santeria sacred offering wouldn't be sacrilege for us catholics; just dabbling in santeria is considered heretic. the most that could happen is that he'd feel his soul was soiled or something, but nothing that confession wouldn't take away, IMHO. it's not like he was practicing it. that's the way it works around here, at least; i wouldn't know about cuba, but i figure it should be similar, huh? he was just scared that some spirit would jump up at the chance to possess him :lol: haha, i just thought that was funny, eric's usually so heads-on about the job. okay, rant over...

8. NOW i know where all the horatio/natalia shippers came from! haha, it was nagging at me since a long time ago. mystery solved :D

7. the soundtrack was awesome. "baby did a bad, bad thing?" couldn't have found a better song for that ending.

6. intentional plot-holes. you gotta love 'em.

5. everybody was looking gorgeous! seriously, cal was looking hot in all black. i know some people don't like ryan in those t-shirts, but i happen to think he looked drool-worthy, and he even wore THE JACKET during the cemetery scene! natalia looked really sweet, when she wasn't covered in blood, that is; white does bring out her complexion so much more. horatio's hair was all windswept and stuff. i loved alexx's hairdo. really, everybody looked great. except eric-- that shirt was fugly. but oh well.

4. "i hate this case" --> that was PRICELESS! ryan freaking out about what was going on was just hilarious. it took me back to the "alexx, where'd the head go?" moment. oh, i laugh about it every time it comes back to my mind. priceless! he's just so adorable.

3. calleigh kept giving ryan those "i want you" looks ALL EPISODE. i mean, i've seen her looking at him like she wants to jump him in the past, but not this many times in one episode. talk about gutterfest! she SO has the hots for him.

2. "you see, i don't think this place is so scary in the daytime, do you?" "what? nah, come on, i wasn't scared." "you know i listened to the entire tape, don't you, ryan?" "so, there was an accomplice here?" "(laughs) way to change the subject." --> oh-hoh, teasing! is that a glimpse of season 1&2 calleigh i see right there? why yes, it is! so awesome. and with some touching included for us shippers' delight. how cute was that? ;)

1. "burn, baby, burn." --> coolest. scene. EVER!

abso-bloody-lutely awesome episode. definitely breaks my top 5. and so, from and inspired by "curse of the coffin," i bring you a very big bunch of graphics and icons, and most of them are ryan/calleigh so be sure to check them out! i will be taking caps of the episode later (any excuse to watch it again ;)), because there were some glances they shared that i didn't find caps of.

this week i also saw "rush" (he mock hit her with a magazine! how so very squee-worthy :)) and a bunch of season 1 episodes. and even though ryan's not in them, i can't help but flashback to calleigh calling eric "delko" (i think it was in "forced entry"... or maybe "dead woman walking"?). she's never done that with ryan, has she?

aww, heather, i missed you too! i always miss this thread and all of you guys when i'm too busy to check it. talk about a one-track mind ;) and yeah, we never see what goes on outside the job, do we? wouldn't it be awesome if suddenly calleigh's all like "sorry you two (eric & jake), but i'm already in a relationship. in fact, ryan and i have been dating for the past two years." no, wait, as cool as that would be, i rather prefer a backstory. sudden is what got us into this mess, after all :rolleyes:

caitlin- yeah, there's definite chemistry, but the writers were going for something in season 4, i know it. i mean, the ending of "driven" didn't happen by itself, i'm sure :) they just changed their mind, it seems. hopefully they'll go back to their old mindset soon ;)

re: continuity- in CSI miami? not happening. i'd swear it was at least implied in season 1 that calleigh's parents were together, and it turns out that in season 5 we find out they've been divorced since she was 15! there is no such thing as continuity, i swear.

dani- actually no, i'm not from madrid. i'm from panama (there's a big fanbase for spanish soccer here, though :D i understand why you'd be confused). as far as i know the CSI books aren't available here, or in spanish at all. the thing is, up until about two months ago i was living in tallahassee, FL, so i bought the two "harm for the holidays" books at a local barnes & noble over there, and "riptide" i bought from amazon.com. i'm planning on ordering "cult following" from amazon as well when i'm done with these three :) ah, i would die without on-line shopping ;)

oh, and i think the petname thing is from the "thanks, babe" comment in going under. we all know that's what she calls him when they're... *cough* alone. if you get what i mean :D and i love that cap from "blood in the water"! especially because right after they look at each other with that "i'm sure you're thinking what i'm thinking" expression that i love :)

a very warm welcome to csi_love! (amber, is it?) i hope you have fun hanging around here with us :)

hestia- mythology lovers unite! *waves flag* wheeee...!

i was drying my hair yesterday when a scene flashed into my head. i quite liked the mental image, but i don't think i can write it because i have no idea what comes before OR after that scene... so i thought i'd issue a CHALLENGE to all you fanfic writers out there! here you go: early season 6, welcoming scene when ryan finally gets back his job; only condition is that calleigh must tell ryan "well, home is where the heart is" and ryan must look at her (think "shock" and the "fantastic" comment) and say "well, my home is definitely right here." props to nikki, because i'm sure it was her fic that put this little snippet into my head :) and if anyone decides to take that challenge, i will love you forever and shower you with cookies :D

will check in later! bye, guys! :p

4. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

Curse of the Coffin has got to be my favorite episode. If not, then it is in the top three.

For all the reasons that Carla gave, and because it was freaking hilarious! Oh, what a way to make my day Carla.

I especially loved the scenes between Ryan and Calleigh. The exploding laptop, the shoulder rub, the teasing. Why can't Ryan be that light hearted, and those two be that flirty all the time? *sigh* I agree, it was very remisicent of the "Alexx, he doesn't have a head. Where'd the head go?" moment in season 3. That jacket, that shirt, I love that shirt, and I love that jacket.

I agree, backstory versus relationship hands down. ;)

5. mjszud

mjszud Captain

i cant wait for them to repeat that epi, i remember it a little bit but honestly iwas not a full blown shipper yet so i probably didnt pick up on their flirtiness. not to go off topic here but -CARLA, your #8 reason for the epi, im not a shipper but im all too curious of what happened thet made you post that? did i miss something?

6. supercsi4

supercsi4 Victim

I hate to jump in here and throw everyone off topic, but I have a quick question. I'm a big time lurker here and I'm in love with this forum, I'm a huge CaRWash fan and I'm in the middle of my latest CaRWash fic and I need to know how old Calleigh and Ryan are. I've been looking around and one website says Calleigh is 37 at the end of season 5, but I can't find how old Ryan is. Can someone help me out? I'd love you forever. Thanks.

7. hahaguy

hahaguy Rookie

from what read in the past and i might be wrong but i think calleigh is 33 and ryan is 28. people please correct me if i am wrong.

8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

in real life, emily/cal is 38 & jon/ryan is ,i beleive, 30 or 31. they've never said on the show how old they are, although when ryan first came on, i swore he looked 22! but, i think a good age to give them would be anywhere from 32-35. i'd make cal older than him just 'cause i think it's kinda obvious. shes been a csi for 10 years & first patrol & before then , college, so i would say she'd have to be at least 34. hope i've helped- see ya!!

9. csi_love

csi_love Police Officer

Actors usually play a part that is supposed to be younger than their actual age. I'm not sure the ages of either character has been mentioned but I think mjszud
    is correct about Emily and Jonathan's ages.

10. supercsi4

supercsi4 Victim

Wow, thanks for everyone's help. I knew Calleigh was older then Ryan, I just didn't know how much way older she was, because it's always brought up at other sites how he's way too young for her, but I couldn't disagree more. When he first joined the team he did look like he was about 21 and Calleigh was still in her 'let's wear way too much makeup' stage that imo made her look even older. But now they're both freakin' hot and would make the freakin' hottest couple. Thanks again! Gotta get back to my fanfic.

11. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

psst. fyi-Jon turns thirty in August. :)

Tonight's repeat episode on A&E is Shock.

Such an excellent episode, especially since Ryan and Calleigh worked the case together.

He was asking her to go the wedding with her so casually, it was as if they've been on a date or two before. When he called her fantastic, the smile she was smiling, that giggle. You don't see that from Calleigh very often, and it was a nice touch to have it be because of Ryan's comment. If only she had gone to the wedding with him. I think that would have been a bonus. Even if they don't show that scene, just have her change her answer to "Yes, I'll go to the wedding with you." :p

What was your first thought during the scene where Ryan tells Calleigh she is fantastic?

12. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Omg yeah. When I first watched Shock and Ryan was like "Let me ask you something. Do you have plans after work tonight?" I was like OMFG. He was totally going to ask her. Damn Cal should have gone... with Ryan. It was so couply of Calleigh to put his name on the card without him asking. I mean you would do that for your boyfriend, right? Gah, I miss season 4. Come backkk.

The card must have been like:

All the best wishes,
    Calleigh and Ryan

Something like that! They were just inseperable in season 4.

My first thoughts? I was like "Awwww! Omg he so loves her! Omg! That's soo sweet." And then when I saw Cal smiling I was like "Omg! She so loves Ryan! That is the most adorable thing ever." :p

13. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

ok now to clear up the whole birthday thing. Jon's birthday is August 25, 1977. So he'll be 30 this year. and Emily's birthday is october 8, 1968, so she'll be 39 this year. but Calleigh's birthday is February 28, 1974 which means she's 33. and no one seems to know when Ryan's birthday is, but i assume that he's about 29 on the show too. i also put everyone else's birthdays just incase anyone is interested. and doesn't calleigh's birthday date look farmiliar? well it should seeing as Rory Cochrane's birthday is February 28, 1972 which makes him 35. Speed's birthday is June 24, 1973 which means he was 31 when he died. and Adam's bithday is april 2, 1975 which makes him 32 and Eric's birthday is December 19, 1976 so he'll be 31. and David's birthday is January 7, 1956 so that makes him 51 and Horatio's birthday is April 4, 1960. which makes him 47.

14. CSIFray

CSIFray Lab Technician

Just watched 'Rio' today... First time I actually noticed Calleigh and Ryan's scene at the beginning. lol.

15. hahaguy

hahaguy Rookie

just watched throwing heat. there wasn't alot of carwash scenes in the episode. that seen from rio was awesome. o ya Need4Speed thanks for tellin those birthdays. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.