~'Always Fresh at Misc Hortons!'~ Canadian Thread #4

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Finch, Nov 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Aww... little baby goslings! How cute!

And just have to add... Michael Moore is my hero :D

2. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

lol, i hear ya....im addicted to facebook.....especially with all these new applications coming out!

omg...pronger.... :mad: i feel the same way as you!! and no its not only because of how he left edmonton last year!! but i am happy for the neidermayer brothers and todd marchant! and teemu selanne, after waiting 15 years he finally got his stanley cup :D and i'll be happy to see the cup back in Canada, even if it wasn't with the Sens :lol:

lol ok back to the topic of cute goslings (other than Ryan...sorry) today drivers alolng yellowhead trail in edmonton pulled over to help goslings and a couple geese (im assuming the parents of the goslings) cross the highway....so cute :)

3. d2400

d2400 Hit and Run

OKay, I joined Facebook but I don't understand it yet????? (dizzy blonde). I think MySpace is so much easier. I have discovered amazing music on MySpace!! And my ta ta's are WELL covered!!! ;) (unlike a lot of the chickies there!!!)

4. allmaple

allmaple Judge

whoa, guys, long time no post!

well, i found out that for a mere $175 i could have met my favourite canadian. a man hosted a party/fundraiser for the heart and stroke foundation just outside of london, and rick mercer was the entertainer!! not that i have that much money to throw around or anything, but it still would have been awesome!

5. Maryse

Maryse Lab Technician

Facebook...yeah it is addictive...found a lot of people i hadnt seen in a very long time. but it's not all that hard to get...

on another note, i wish our goverment would recognise when they screw up and this new school programm is a big big failure

* :mad:64 hours of correction done and still not half done yet :mad:*

6. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

oh id appreciate the feds a lot more if they didnt lose my income tax chaque in the mail. im a college kid who needs to pay off some of my credit card debt with that money!! :mad: well that and so many other things but thats a whole other rant.

ok people i need help...i have a friend who lives out of the country, and i want to send her a little care package of canadiana. lol. so far i have coffee crisp bars, the "real" smarties, some touristy stuff from the calgary stampede (since im spending my summer here in rainy calgary), and im working on a cd of music by canadian artists (any song suggestions are also welcome). is there anything else i am missing? feel free to pm me :) thanks! :)

7. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

You get that in mail? :eek: We just let 'em know our bank account number and tadaa, it appears there :lol:

8. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

yeah i get mine in the mail. i should really change that for next year, lol!

9. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Whew I haven't been here in a long time. :eek: It's been oh...20-some pages? :lol:

Ugh, the mail system is completely insane in Canada. I was supposed to get my T4 slip earlier this year but I hadn't worked for a few months so the place didn't send me my tax forms. :rolleyes: They say they 'forgot'. Anyway, I finally got all my tax stuff done and I still didn't get any money back because the place I worked at didn't tax me. Ah the facts of life. *sigh*

What I hate though is the mail lady steals our mail. :rolleyes: Not that Canada Post cares but I swear I'm going to follow that woman and get my mail back.

[/rant]

Shelbers that's neat that you're sending a Canadian-type package to your friend out of the country. Have you put one of those little Canadian flags in the package? :D They're always fun for July 1st and such but then there's the question of what to do with them after. :lol:

10. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

so i got home from work and my dad says, theres 2 envelopes here for you from the government, its probably yout income tax cheque. (and im thinking not because i just mailed the form to get a new cheque liike 2 days ago). but sure enough there was my income tax cheque PLUS my GST cheque!! *rejoices* :D :D

now if i can just get a hold of that bank lady about my student line of credit - apparently leaving messages doesnt work. all i want to know is if i got the approval, is that too much to ask of the RBC????

now back to a happy place, it was actually WARM today! it seems like all its been doing in calgary since i came home for the summer is raining.

and yeah a little canadian flag would be good, but see im most likely gonna be sending it after july 1, lol. but ill keep it in mind :)

11. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

So, I work at a Safeway store, which is unionized. And apparently, the union made a deal that says that if Canada day falls on a sunday, the store will be open that day, and closed on the monday. So, I have to work on Canada day, and I don't get paid any extra for it being a statutory holiday. Grr :mad:

12. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

lol right now im unemployees but im job hunting for the summer (which for me just started now) on monday....anyone know of anywhere fun (yet not outdoors-me and sun dont get along) hiring in calgary?? lol

13. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

ok so i thought id rescue this thread from the second page :lol: but CFL is back, and in my books thats deserving of a post - especially since a CFL record was broken today (in the first reg season game).

sorry about the double posting but cant edit after 24 hours :)

14. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

The Spice Girls aren't coming in Canada :(

I would've loved to be able to see them perform.

15. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

ok is anyone else getting sick of the rain?? i mean dont get me wrong, i like the rain, and yeah i know that farmers love it too. since i moved back home, ive had maybe a week of warm sunny weather. lol.

and as for the spice girls, i think im alrught with that, besides even if they did have a canadian date for their tour it would've been in Toronto, Vancouver or maybe Montreal. none of which i have any hope of getting to. hehe.

as for concerts im actually going to be able to see....thats what I love about Stampede - awesome concerts for gate admission :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.