Jorja/Sara: A Passionate Heart #5

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by gsrLOVE, Jun 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LemonJelly06

LemonJelly06 Lab Technician

I've seen Memento, and the end of Velocity trap, but she's been in about 12 films or something? Don't hold me to that though haha. :p

2. Alien_from_mars

Alien_from_mars Prime Suspect

I havent seen any of the films she has been in, are the ones you have seen any good? Could rent them. :)

3. LemonJelly06

Well I kinda liked Memento, like I said I only saw the end of Velocity trap but yeah. If it's got Jorja in it, watch. ;)

4. csi_love

csi_love Police Officer

I saw her in Forever Fabulous (with Emily Procter from CSI: Miami!) The movie's not that great so I only watched it for the Jorja parts.

5. LemonJelly06

How come it wasn't that good? I sometimes watch crappy films just for the parts with my fav actors/actresses in. :p

6. wings23

wings23 Witness

Oh wow I haven't seen any of the other movies JF is in. Honestly I don't think they look that good, but it would be worth seeing them just to see JF as another character besides Sara.

Well actually Velocity Trap looks like it might be okay. I guess I'll just have to find out. ;)

7. LemonJelly06

The little bit I saw of VT amused the hell outta me, not sure why, I think it's just me. ;)

8. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

Which ones are actually good? :) I'll love to see Jorja in another light; she's an amazing actress!

9. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

Just to refresh memories, Jorja has been in the following movies: (From first to last)

The Kill-Off (1989) (as Jorjan Fox) .... Myra Pavlov
    Happy Hell Night (1992) (uncredited) .... Kappa Sig Girl
    Dead Funny (1994) (as Jorjan Fox) .... Fate 3
    The Jerky Boys (1995) (as Jorjan Fox) .... Lazarro's Young Lady
    Velocity Trap (1997) .... Alice Pallas
    How to Make the Cruelest Month (1998) .... Sarah Bryant
    Forever Fabulous (1999) .... Liz Guild
    The Hungry Bachelors Club (1999) .... Delmar Youngblood
    Memento (2000) .... Leonard's Wife
    Down with the Joneses (2003) .... Bev Jones
    Next Exit (2005) .... Terri

THat was all totally copied from IMDB (I love you IMDB!)

I've seen Memento and Velocity Trap. Both good movies. Also, both worth watching even if Jorja wasn't in them. :D

10. goukanomegami

goukanomegami Victim

It will for sure be interesting to see what happens come season 8. Sticking to science, physically unharmed, she can survive three days no water, two weeks no food (if I remember correctly). However, something had to have happened to her to put her under the car, so my guess is that she isn't in the best condition to begin with, so their time to rescue her is limited. However, sometimes things work all too miraculously in these shows, so she will probably get some last minute daring rescue, with a .000001% chance of success, which will of course, succeed in the end. Definitely excited to see what develops as far as Grissom and Sara's relationship, and how it affects the rest of the team.

and then....

Sorry to be OT again (last time I swear!), but I have to set this straight. I went missing for a couple weeks cause my computer was in for repair (otherwise I would have posted this sooner). However, McDonald's fries and hash browns, they might be cooked in vegetable oil, but I am pretty sure that the beef product is in the potatoes long before they ever hit the deep fryer. I think they use a beef shortening. All frozen fryer products have some sort of oil added during processing, and I think McDonald's uses beef shortening for added flavor. I might be wrong, but for sure last I heard from here, McDonald's potato products are not vegetarian. The site was published in 2001, but I doubt McDonald's has changed anything since then. It all boils down to employees not being educated about the products, and simple ignorance on everyone's part. As I said in a previous post, just because you can't see the meat, doesn't mean that it isn't there. Anyone would assume that the fries are vegetarian because they can't see the beef extract. Not only that, but consider how broad the definition of vegetarianism has become thanks to improper use. Too many people claiming that they are vegetarian, while still eating chicken and fish. This leads some people to believe that something with a chicken or fish product is vegetarian, because they heard vegetarian associated with chicken and fish. In reality, "vegetarians" that still eat poultry simply don't eat beef and pork, and "vegetarians" who still eat seafood choose not to eat land animals, plain and simple. Absolutely nothing vegetarian about either of those. So, my advice is to look out for yourself, and not trust the word of mouth. Never be ashamed to ask to see an ingredient list, and for shady ingredients like "natural flavors," always take the time to call the 800 number on the packaging, and find out what is really in your food!

My response to a question about another earlier post, to pick out candies with bug products, your best bet is to read ingredients. It may be frustrating at first, but you get used to it, and it becomes second nature after a while. For more information on carmine, and all of the other bug derivatives click here to view the "instructable". Coincidentally, the first time I saw CSI: NY credits, I immediately thought about how much I would dislike sharing a name with a bug derivative. No offense to Carmine, I just don't like the other carmine much. ^_^

11. LemonJelly06

Thanks for the list GSRlove. May look into some more of those films. :)

12. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

Thank you for the information goukanomegami Find it very interesting. I don't eat meat. No fish, no seafood, no chicken.. no nothing.

13. csi_love

csi_love Police Officer

I'm in the UK so I don't know how different our McDonald's are but I don't eat there anyway...just to be safe.

I like being vegetarian :D

14. wings23

wings23 Witness

Well I feel slightly out of place ;) I'm not a big meat eater at all, but I'm definately not a vegetarian. I've met people that are vegetarians because they looked into that because of JF. Anyone here do that?
    I've always thought it was cool that both Sara and Jorja are vegetarians. Was that JF's idea?

15. LemonJelly06

Probably, I guess having similarities between yourself and the character you play, makes it easier?
    Yeah I don't eat at McDonalds, didn't before I was vegetarian either, no offence to anyone who likes it there, but it's disguuusting. :p But yeah I dont eat meat, fish, chicken, anything like that. Proud to be a veg. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.