Anna/Lindsay thread #4 - "You've got friends, kiddo!"

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by dutch_treat, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxAnGeLheArtZ

xxAnGeLheArtZ Police Officer

i was definitely a lindsay fan before a D/L fan. she was the first character to catch my eye when i started watching csi:ny in season 2. i enjoyed her fresh look and she's young/spunky: something i relate to. ironically, i started liking danny because of lindsay :lol: . interesting comments.

2. v23474

v23474 Witness

I'm so glad there's an Anna / Lindsay thread.

As I've mentioned before, I really like the character of Lindsay. She's smart, funny and pretty without being too unrealistic.

3. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Hi, I don't typically post in here but I just wanted to comment.

I should preface my post by saying I am not a D/L fan. I don't dislike them or their pairing, they're just not my thing. Truly i don't mean to dismiss anyone's ship, or anyone's liking of Lindsay as a character. This is just my two cents. I'm writing *because* I liked Lindsay. I still want to like Lindsay, but... *sigh*

I bought the S2 DVD to help me thru the off-season, and like so many others, I prefer S2 Lindsay. I thought that she had a good dynamic and rapport with everyone. In S3 Anna/Lindsay just kinda faded out of sight out of mind for me. I didn't really miss her when she was gone, and I didn't really wholly welcome her back, I'll be honest.

Someone asked if anyone who was not a D/L fan liked her. I did, but I found I liked both Danny and Lindsay less after they started up together. Undeniably, for me anyways, D/L had a really poor impact on the writing/direction for both characters. I've said elsewhere that it felt like the characters became less important than the idea of a relationship between them.

Others have mentioned they felt Lindsay wasn't believable. This season I felt little or no empathy for her character/portrayal. Yes, she suffered a horrible trauma, yet I didn't feel anything but mildly perplexed exasperation when she cried at an autopsy, or bailed on a crime scene, or whatever. I agree with whomever said that the manner in which she dealt with this trauma felt out of character from the Lindsay we'd previously seen. I don't know if that's writing, acting, directing, or what... but... *shrug*

I think of Stella saying at one point: "...clearly I made the mistake of trying to be your friend here..." I kinda feel the same way. Clearly *I* made some kinda mistake because IMO she's no longer the CSI she was when she was introduced. Sure, every character should get an evolution - but hers has been going the wrong way.

I don't know what S4 will bring for Lindsay. I maintain hope.

To TPTB:
    - first, short and sweet: "I love NY."

- I won't say get rid of D/L. You brought it on us, there it is, deal with it and somehow make it better. Write Danny a set of sheets and some furniture if you must, just stop the wishy washy and the angst. Someone said they were joined at the hip? -> Great advances have been made in the surgical separation of conjoined persons. Give it a shot.

- I won't say "Lindsay Must Go." Just, please, when you give her screen-time, let her be a whole person again, and not a wounded, tortured little soul, or simply an eye-batting shag-monkey. As much as I hate to say bring "back" S2 Lindsay, please do so. I'd have hoped she could have moved forward instead of back, but in S3 that meant reducing her personality along with her screen time. Just give her some way to contribute to more than a pool table or a box of kleenex.

Better to give that screentime to the others if she's anything less.

But, what the hell do I know. :D

4. macpeyfan

macpeyfan Witness

Good post Elwood. I got really hooked on this show during season 3 and have been pretty indifferent to that version of Lindsay. Some of the scenes between her and Danny were, IMO, rather painful. I have been watching season 1 & 2 in reruns on Spike - season 2 Lindsay was fun. She had potential to be a pretty good character. Watching season 2 after season 3 - doesn't even seem like the same character.

5. v23474

v23474 Witness

I can't believe I didn't know Anna was pregnant !

Congratulations to her on the birth of her baby girl...Bless :D

6. nikkilou30

nikkilou30 Victim

Do you think that they will have one of them sessions where you can ask her questions. Sorry. Am having a really dense moment right now and I cannot remember what they are called. Carmine, Eddie and Hill have done them. :devil:

7. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

^ That would be so great. I don't know who contacts those people to ask them if they're willing to participate in a live chat ;), but I think he/she/they really should try and convince her.

I have lots of questions I'd like to ask her and I'm sure that a lot of people do. :)

8. darksheep

darksheep Dead on Arrival

I'm willing to give it a chance that they'll get her character back on track next season. Also think that the seemingly haphazard writing around her pregnancy was a big reason for her character being out-of-whack when compared to previous season. They could have found another way to put the D/L ship on hold besides having Lindsey do an "it's not you, it's me". Or at least could have followed through with something that made her (sudden) reticence more plausible. I really liked her character before she started getting all 'angsty'. But after that development, I didn't care so much whether or not she and Danny got together.

I hope they do better by her character next season cause I really would like to enjoy the D/L dynamic like I used to back when she had more spunk. I think the actress does fine enough with what they give her. But confident kick-ass Lindsey definitely beats angsty morose Lindsey.

9. gypsy

gypsy Police Officer

Even better. Get Carmine and Anna to do a live web chatr together. :)

10. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

:D Good news for all Dutch Anna fans who have never had the chance to see her in anything else besides CSI:NY (like me)...I just saw a commercial that starting the 17th of July SBS6 will start broadcasting 'Medical Investigation'!

I'm so looking forward to seeing Anna on that show... :)

11. xxAnGeLheArtZ

xxAnGeLheArtZ Police Officer

*tries to astral project self to the Netherlands*

i wish i could watch MI! it had a short life in the US (2004-2005). im hoping for a dvd release eventually or something. do enjoy, ya anna b. fans :cool:.

i would love to see/read a live chat interview with anna (even with carmine, yup, gypsy, that would be a cute/funny/fun chat [with their own side conversations]! :p ) in it: i would love to hear more on her POV on the show itself, working in los angeles versus new york, lindsay monroe, danny and lindsay, working with carmine, working with the other cast members (ie who is she closest to? who inspires her while on the set?), and what she would like to see happen storyline-wise (perhaps even if she likes more dramatic or comedic storylines). more personal interests like who is her greatest support, inspiration in the business, and why she chose to do this career path (if not, what would she be doing). but again, i respect that she prefers to keep out of the limelight in the business (goodness knows that i could never be able to handle it at all); moreover, i just want her to know she's got her own dedicated fans who enjoy her works/her as an actress. :)

12. nikkilou30

nikkilou30 Victim

I agree. I would love to hear both their points of view on the whole D/L relationship and how they would like to see it develop in season 4.

I would also like to see Anna give her comments and have her say about all the negativity that she is getting from other CSI:NY fans.

13. dl_shipper34

dl_shipper34 CSI Level One

Erm...basically everything Angel said, cause she pretty much nailed it :D

Anna did do an interview with this site some time ago. It's somewhere in the archives. It's a good read :) she seems very down-to-earth.

Kudos to Anna for keeping her daughter out of the spotlight. It irks me to no end that all these celebs are showing off their babies to the media and paparazzi, so good for her that she's not in that mess.

I can see her being understanding about it since it's part of the business. Every actor/actress has people who don't like them or their character(s); that's just the downside to the movie and music industry. As long as she knows that there are fans out there who do like her (aka all of us in this here thread and over at DLC...and other numerous sites), I think that's all that matters :)

14. JenP

JenP Police Officer

I have to agree with Elwood. I like Lindsay's character....A LOT :lol: but I do think TPTB didn't do a great job this season. They could have done the D/L in a much better way. Not that I don't like them together, in fact I am a D/L shipper! But the whole thing is kind of rushed in. And I think the reason TPTB did that was because of Anna's pregnancy.

Well, if it was just because of the pregnancy, then we'll have the old Lindsay back in S4! I think that is still possible. Also with some little D/L interaction, like in S2, or some awkward moments. If you're dating a co-worker, the awkward moments should certainly follow!

Stuffy, I agree. She does a great job hiding her daughter. We still don't know the name of the child, do we?

Hey Dutch, isn't MI the series that got TPTB interested in Anna? If so, then she must have been great in there! Too bad I'm on vacation, but maybe I can see the first ep.

See you all soon! :)

15. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

I love Lindsay, but I think TPTB should've tried to develop Lindsay seperately from Danny. She seems too dependant on him. She could be such a strong character outside of the relationship. I say have them together, just have Lindsay be her own character.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.