Jorja/Sara: A Passionate Heart #5

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by gsrLOVE, Jun 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LemonJelly06

LemonJelly06 Lab Technician

Yeah exactly, I don't think it would be the same unless you learnt about the characters, it helps to understand the cases and share the emotions they feel, it's very important, but too much detail would make it soapy as you said, so they've found a good medium. And you're right, Sara has seemed to have more of her background revealed, maybe we'll get a bit more in series 8 after this.

2. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

I hope we get more information on Sara's life in season 8, we don't have a lot of background of other characters do we, instead of background we see things happening to them, like Catherine's Dad dying, Nick buried underground, etc.

3. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

^^Yeah, I agree with you all. Through seven seasons they have let us know quite a bit about the characters, in a moderated way, not too much, not too little. In my opinion, CSI is the one that hasn't rushed those kinds of things, unlike CSI:NY, for example, but that goes somewhere else. :p Anyway, I am so happy with the background they gave Sara, and the great way they let it go. I think most of her fans couldn't be happier about it, except for those who are not enjoying the cliffhanger :rolleyes: I feel a bit like you all do, I think (better, I wish, or I hope) that Sara is going to come back, but I still have a little doubt inside me, that is keeping me nervous and interested in any new that comes out about it. CBS is really being smart :p

4. LemonJelly06

Yeah they know that people are gonna have doubt about it keeping them hooked, but then again they know if they do kill off Sara, they stand the risk of losing a lot of their audience, CBS is being smart, and it's annoying cause I cannae wait til September to find out what happenes. :p

5. wings23

wings23 Witness

Ok this is incredibly random, but you know that little half smile/smirk thing Sara does? I love that! She does it all the time and I guess it's just sorta cool because I never see anyone else do that.
    And I'm always trying to raise just one eyebrow like she does but my face muscles are dsyfunctional and I can't do it. :( *tear*
    I just think JF's facial expressions are fun is all.

And as for Sara's background on the show- I think the writers have made her one of the most interesting female characters on TV and she's really different too. And you know I've met a lot of people who say she isn't pretty. I just don't think she fits the "standard definition" of beauty, she's not super curvy. She's doesn't dress revealingly, and she's not very sexual like a lot of other female characters on TV. But she has other (better) character traits and I think she's pretty. ;)

6. LemonJelly06

I think she's very pretty, and when I watch it with my friends, everytime she comes on screen they always make a comment about her.

I think she has natural beauty, she doesnt have to put loads of make up on or anything to look pretty and that's something that not a lot of people have, I respect her for not conforming to the conventional idea or look that a lot of females go for to get noticed or to get sexual attraction from other people, she dresses and looks how she feels comfortable and still looks amazing, I really do respect her for that, it makes her a lot more genuine than some of the females you see on tv.

7. wings23

wings23 Witness

Yeah exactly.

I guess just about everything comes down to ratings. It's how the business works. I hate that we have to wait until September, but I think it will bring up CSI's ratings which is good. If Sara lives, this whole twist here will be one of my favorite plot lines CSI has had so far. And while a lot of people cannot stand Sara, if she lives those fans won't stop watching the show. On the other hand if she dies, I've talked to several people who will stop watching CSI all together. I think it is in CSI's best interest to do what they can to bring Sara back for S8.

8. LemonJelly06

I know I wouldn't enjoy it as much, not just cause I'm a fan of Sara, but because (this is gonna sound really smushy) through the seasons they have been kinda, brought together like a family almost, I mean the series has been based around the same characters for 7 seasons up to now, it would just be stupid to kill off a character, i'd be pretty gutted if they killed off any character tbh, even more so for Sara cause she's one of my favs. :p

9. wings23

wings23 Witness

No you're right LemonJelly06 they really are kind of like a family. The way the team works together shows how close they are. They're very flexible with each other and a lot of times they'll say things or do things that they could get in trouble for if they were just co-workers and not friends. They fight and rebound too, something that is natural with a group of people who are close to each other. I love the chemistry of the whole group and I would be really depressed if any of them left. But Sara is one of my favorites too, so I would be really bummed if she left!

10. sidlewannabee

I am one of the people that will stop watching CSI, if Sara dies. If they wanted to kill Sara off, then I think it would have been best if they had killed her off durng the finale because now if they kill her during the premiere, they will have a big rating for the premiere, but the week after, it will be so embarrassing. They will notice the difference and they will realize, wow, we should not have done that. Then they will be forced to end the show after the 8th season, because not very many people will watch it. CBS is being really smart right now, they have learned what cliff-hangers are and that they are a good way to get ratings, but that is what concerns me, they are branching out and trying new things. They have never had a cliff-hanger before so they tried it and they have never had a character death before, so they might try it. If any character besides Sara and Grissom were to die, then I would be sad but I'd get over it and I'd still watch the show. But, if you kill off my favorite character, then I have had enough.

I don't know if that made any sense.

11. wings23

wings23 Witness

You made sense sidlewannabee. Now lets see if I make any sense (sometimes that is a challenge for me).

I don't think you have to worry about TPTB killing off Sara just to branch out and try new things. If she gets killed off it will be because her contract couldn't be negotiated to everyone's satisfaction. And I'm not too sure that the cliff hanger wasn't a result of contract negotiations too. I've heard and read a lot of different things, so I'm not clear on the circumstances surrounding JF's contract. But it does seem that the writers want her back badly enough that they are willing to negotiate with her instead of just killing her off and this is a good thing.

12. sidlewannabee

Yay, I made sense.
    You are right wings23 They definately want her back enough to negotiate, so maybe they do realize that losing her may mean the end of CSI.

13. LemonJelly06

I swear we need a happier topic here, i'm getting worried and depressed again :p haha. Nah they gotta keep her on, she has a huge fan following and as you said, they want her back enough so they're gonna try everything to do so, and she said herself she hates bad things happening to her character so she obviously doesn't wanna leave either, personally it's just media hype I think.

14. sidlewannabee

I am pretty sure it is all hype. They are trying to get more fans to improve their ratings. Happier topic; hmm: What movies has Sara been i; that make her prettier than Sara?

15. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

Guys guys guys.. I am away from this thread for just two days and I missed out on a lot. Or so I see. Need to catch up as soon as I have more time.

Just logging on to say that LOVE JORJA. Well that's an understatement but just needed to scream it out!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.