Let's Talk Gay

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by MiaCharlize, Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

Most of the people I talk to online are from the boards :lol: I've never actually fallen in love with someone that I've met online though.

I actaully do not have any crushes. I've been having weird dreams about having this one crush, but not any crushes that I know of. The dreams are weird though, I'll be doing the most random things, and this girl's always there, and in my dreams I like her, but I've never actually seen her face completley, it's always hidden behind something etc. :lol: And I'm so crazy, that I think it's trying to tell me something...I just don't know what that is yet :p

2. CSIdoglover54

CSIdoglover54 Witness

heh that is a weird dream. Reminded me of Wilson off of Home Improvement lol!

Jorja Rain-your story probably is an exception compared to a lot of the internet relationship fiascos out there. I'm really happy of you though. I couldnl't stop smiling as I read about how much you and Mia clicked and how highly you thought of her. Hopefully at some point I will find someone...

Well I have a fun match (mock dog show) on Saturday so I have to go work with my dog so we don't bomb. Hopefully.

3. Alien_from_mars

Alien_from_mars Prime Suspect

Oh I totally agree with you. I think after a while it would be hard to lie, but I have had experience of this.
    When I first started internetting I guess I was a bit you and naieve, I started talking to someone, and three years later I only found out she was lying to me, not just about her age but about everything.. so since then I have always been wary of developing friendships online.
    Although I do trust alot of people online now, I have about three very good close friends who I would trust with my life online.
    But like I say, id always be a bit wary of people.. not just cause I think everyone is liars, its just to protect myself as I know there are people out there who can lie through their teeth, and are very good at it.
    But like I say, if you get to know someone and are close to them, you get to know who they really are, even over the internet. :)

4. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

^Alien_from_mars, I was the same way. Until myspace came out, then I became extremly naive. Like I just totally said everything, last names, pictures, hometown, school. But than I deleted my myspace and became super careful, but I got a new one, but it was way safer.

I met my best friend and penpal on the internet, we hangout as much as possible, but we live in seperate states, so it's hard.

5. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

Its official.. the woman I mentioned earlier (her name is Kerry) and I spoke it out. There are definitly feelings there and eventhough there is a distance between us we are going to try and see what happens. SO yeah.. summer seems to be filled with love. She's coming over the last weekend of July. I am scared as hell but also happy and nervous.
    And we met online and I don't think thats a problem. Usually other people seem to have a bigger problem with it than we do. So wierd. :confused:

6. Alien_from_mars

I dont have a problem with meeting people online. Its just what I said before
    65% of communication is body language and alot of the time when someone says something, you misinterpret it for something else as you cannot hear their tone of voice or see their facial expressions.
    In real life you can see all of that. :)
    Anyhow, good luck with all your relationships online. :D

7. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

Awe! AH! Hugs for SaraSidle_Girl, I'm sure I've already done that over an email or MSN, but AH! I'm so happy for you!!!

Well, I think I might have a girlfriend...again :lol:. Same girl actually as the last time, we kinda talked and well, yay :) Awe, I'm quite happy right now. Despite the fact that I would also like to curl up in a ball and die :lol: (Gots a cold :p)

8. loki

loki Lab Technician

Aww Hugs all around! Looks like this is a good summer for love :lol:

And thank god for emoticons and smileys to help with the lack of body language problem :lol: :p

9. Jorja_Rain

Jorja_Rain Lab Technician

@ SaraSidle_Girl

I can totally understand your nervousness and all. I think the first time Mia and I met in person I almost died. A couple days before she was slated to arrive, I felt the anticipation turn to fear ;) I was scared shitless. And then when she finally did arrive we were both so shy and nervous, it would have been funny from an outside perspective :p So anyway, it took us a little while (read: a bottle of wodka :lol:) to finally open up and...get to know each other in person :cool: SO I hope things will work out for you and your sweety!

10. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

I wouldn't ever be able to meet any one off the internet, I'm far too different IRL. :rolleyes: I'm really shy, and they'd be disappointed. On the internet I have time to think about what to say. :rolleyes:
    I'd love to be able to do it though, have the confidence and things. :)

11. csi_love

csi_love Police Officer

In some ways I prefer talking online because there's the trusty backspace if you don't like something you were going to say. In real life if you're talking to someone, you tend to just say what's on your mind rather than thinking about it and then you can't take it back. I'm far too reticent in real life also and I can never keep a conversation going with anyone, let alone someone I'm romantically interested in.

12. Alien_from_mars

csi_love I am totally the same. I find it hard to keep conversations going, or to start a conversation with someone. Id rather curl up in the corner and say nothing.
    I feel more relaxed with people who are more out going and can talk for england as I know I wont have to say much. :lol:
    Id only meet someone online if there was a few of us, not because I dont trust them, but because I couldnt hold a conversation and wouldnt wanna bore them.

13. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Well, if you can talk to someone for hours online, I don't think you will have much trouble finding things to talk about in RL. Of course it might be odd at first, that's why we agreed on having a CSI Season 6 marathon :D (Me and Jorja_Rain, that is.) That way we made sure that even if we ran out of things to talk about we would have something to do ;) It did feel weird at first, but once we started talking things just fell into place. There were no awkward moments of silence because obviously we had a lot to say to each other. (After all, we had spent many nights talking on messenger where we never ran out of topics)

Anyways, while this is an interesting discussion, online-relationships were not the original thread-title, would be nice if we could steer this topic back to gayer grounds :p

14. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

Well, the thing I do like talking to people online is you can tell them something, and it won't end up something that everybodys talking about the next day. But I like talking to a person in person beccause it's just more...I don't know, personal I guess :p

15. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

Me and my love are gonna meet up for a weekend in Amsterdam. She's coming over for a weekend. We booked a hotel and we'll see how things will fo grom there. I am scared as hell! I am soooooo afraid things will be disappointing. What if I don't like her in RL? What is she doesn't like me in RL? I mean.. it could happen! Body language, looks.. stuff like that. I am afraid one us gets hurts in some way and I don't want. But I don't want to call off the weekend either.

@Levon.. hope you send the card?! :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.