Your Parents are annyoying when........

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by CSI_Sidle2399, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Callacrap

Callacrap Rookie

... they talk through CSI! :D

2. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Ok, seriously this starts to get rather annoying.

HOW HARD IT IS TO UNDERSTAND THAT ONELINRS LIKE THIS ONE ARE SPAMMING!?

How many times we've mentioned about it with wibble in past weeks? I think 20-30 times. Go to read the bloody "Posting in Misc" . If we say it in one thread, it doesn't mean that you can go post onliners to some other thread.

Of course it's just pure joy for us, because then we can close the threads.

3. Callacrap

Callacrap Rookie

I'm very sorry that my post was considered as spamming. I did not know that I was not allowed to post a one-liner in this thread, as others have also done this, and i'm sure that i'm not the only person who has posted in a thread, without reading the guidelines first!

DaWacko, I appreciate you informing me of my mistake, but I think a friendly pointer could have told me of my mistake rather than you having a go at me about it.

Again, I apologise and I will make sure from now on I read the intended guidelines before I post in a thread! :)

4. pretty_in_pink

pretty_in_pink Lab Technician

Okay, I've got some new ones:

They tell you that the house is "their house", the car is "their car", and all of your possesions are theirs because they paid for them! Grr...

They take your sister to Boise, Seattle, and other places and leave you alone at home. Oh, and they make you do all the housework too.

They insist on knowing everything about your personal life. And insist on knowing during CSI! :lol:

5. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Well since you had already over 150 posts, I thought you are not a newbie anymore and with that, I also assume you'd come across with this thing in some of the "Welcome" threads and seen it mentioned here in many, many threads in the past few weeks. Which again, makes me very frustrated after repeating the same thing again and again and again.

So I apologise that I quoted you and yelled. Should do that without quoting any post, in general.

Just in general for every newbie or non-newbie out there. Those sticky topics that have something such as "Please read" there are usually there for a reason and we'd appriciate if you'd actually read them. That's why the 'please read' part is in the title.

I think with little thinking anyone can understand what's a thread where onliners just are way to go (such as Hangman). I'd say there's just few specials that allow those, other threads would be nice if they'd have so many words that you could call that an actual discussion.

Here in Misc we may sound more strict than other places in this forum, but it's a way to keep threads in DISCUSSION and not as a threads where you can go and post onliners to chat/get higher post count / whatever

We often get complaints that we have no real discussion threads here, so yup. That's our point.

6. loki

loki Lab Technician

I hate it when my mom tells me to do something, then does it herself before I get a chance (usually right after she told me to) then gets mad at me for not doing it.

7. CSIdoglover54

CSIdoglover54 Witness

When my mom leaves crap laying around for days (like frosted flakes with milk that she decided she didn't want right after pouring it) sitting on the counter. Then she says "oh don't worry about it, I'll dump it." Yeah right. So I do it and she gets all mad. It had been FOUR days. I let it sit there for four days. She yelled at me, saying I didn't give her a chance to pick it up. WTF!?

8. CSI_in_training

CSI_in_training CSI Level Two

THey're fighting and they wantme to be some kind o mediator, but I think it's so dave can make mom feel guilty. I hate thatt theyir fighting.

9. Alien_from_mars

Alien_from_mars Prime Suspect

Parents are annoying when..

they dont listen to what you say, then moan at you for not telling you where you have been although you already told them.

10. CSIdoglover54

CSIdoglover54 Witness

when my mom brings up incidents that really hurt me as leverage as to why I shouldn't do something...UGH! I'm so mad at my mom right now for what she said. It's my decision not hers.

11. Chris_miami

Chris_miami Hit and Run

They drop by your apartment unexpectedly only to inform you that they don't like your choice in:
    apartments
    roommates
    careers
    food
    apliances
    clothing
    education
    living alone
    girlfriends (even though I don't have one, again)
    Seriously! I'm 19, I have my own life, at least call before you show up!

12. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

they kick my ass away from the computer while I am online with this amazing woman. What the hell.. if I wanna stay up till way past midnight talking to her, its my choice..

13. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

When my mom yells at me because her internet order didn't show up yesterday and she blames me because I left before the alloted waiting time was up. I'm sorry that one of my friends that I haven't seen in over a month wanted to do lunch.

14. LemonJelly06

LemonJelly06 Lab Technician

When they argue and you have to crank your music up so you don't have to hear them. In fact they are now about something. I was gonna go ask my dad for some duct tape too but I may leave it til things quiet down. I mean about half an hour after they stop things are fine again, what's the point!?

15. Nienna Berylla

Nienna Berylla CSI Level Two

They still try to control your life when you are 26 years old and living on our one.