Novo-Caine

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by HoratioStalker, Jun 13, 2007.

1. HoratioStalker

HoratioStalker CSI Level One

Hi! *nervously steps forward* I, *ahem* have a new CSI:Miami ficlet I'd like to post and have you all review it. I've written several Law and Order fics over on ff.net, but this is my first CSI:M. Usual disclaimer - I don't own the characters, Bruckheimer Films and CBS do. I'm just borrowing them for a while and I promise to put them back when I'm done. *ahem* Ok, here goes:

He just couldn’t do it.

He could stare down the cruelest hired gun of the Mala Noches. He could assassinate one of the harshest drug lords in the Western Hemisphere and calmly walk away. But this? This he couldn’t do.

He had withstood the deaths of nearly everyone close to him; his brother he mourned twice. Each time closed him off a little more from letting anyone in. Each hurt a little deeper, cutting open the same wound and scarring further.

He stood on the steps outside the MDPD headquarters and watched the sun wash the city in golden energy as the sun went down and the night life began, but none of it permeated his shell. The staff was leaving for the day, and he smiled and nodded politely at them as they passed. He saw the one person who kept his injured heart raw, and yet was also grieving himself. Eric.

“You wanted to see me, H?”

“Eric, yes. I….” His usual pauses between words felt interminable as he looked down and away.

“H?”

“There’s something I’ve been meaning to tell you, but….” He stared at his fingers, tapping his right hand on his left as he searched for the courage.

“H, are you ok?”

He drew in a deep breath and finally answered, “No.” He continued to look down, to avoid Eric’s eyes. “Eric, I had a chance at something with your sister. For the first time, I had a future, instead of just a past.” He finally looked up, and tried to stop his eyes from watering, but it was useless.

“H, I know you guys loved each other, but her cancer would have gotten her, even if the Mala Noches didn’t.”

“Eric, there’s more.” He had to look away again, and a single tear escaped from his right eye. “Eric, you would have been an uncle.”

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Wow...great start. I want more soon!

3. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

Love this so far, I really love how you delve into Horatio's emotions...please continue!

4. HoratioStalker

HoratioStalker CSI Level One

Thank you both! I was seriously nervous posting this last night! Now I'll have to try to write it from Eric's perspective.

5. Chris_miami

Chris_miami Hit and Run

Holy Crap! Wasn't expecting that! Please please please! continue

6. patluver144

patluver144 Police Officer

Don't beat yourself up! Your doing great!

7. catey1234

catey1234 Pathologist

Ooh, interesting twist. Can't wait to see where you go with this. Great job!

8. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

Okay, I just read your first ep and you got me. I'm curious. Can't wait wath happens next, but it should be interesting.

9. Mera1506

Mera1506 Dead on Arrival

I think I'm gonna love this fanfic. It's caught my interest already. I can't wait for more.