Hockey Fans

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by misscsiny, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ModernDayDrifter

ModernDayDrifter Lab Technician

SENS WIN yippie :D

Shelby your right what the heck is up with Pronger that was a nasty shot on his part.Hasnt he been doing that kinda stuff alot lately?And if he has why isnt he getting saspended or fined or something.I mean not even a penalty what is up with the Refs?!?!?!?If hes not gona get fined or saspended why isnt he getting a 5 min penalty for roughhousing or something the refs are totaly dropping the ball on this series!

2. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I watched the 2nd perioid when we came home (at 4am) and I was sure that Sens will win and so they did. What stupid two penalties Duck took then :rolleyes:

About kicked goals... IMO, you shouldn't be allowed to turn your skate so it goes towards go. If those accidentally hit skate and then goal dats fine but something like Alfredsson did last night and kicked goals (like it is now) shouldn't be added. Nono. I hate that rule how it is now.

Oh man I screamed in 2nd perioid when Moen hit the post :lol: :lol: Empty net and he hits the POST :lol: :lol:
    Oh dear :p

3. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

ok back to the pronger hit he did get a game suspension so he'll be out for mondays game. and who knows why the refs didnt call it (they didnt call him on his hit in the detroit series either and he got a game for that one too). just because a player isnt called for it in a game doesnt mean the league wont do something about it.

and as for the kicking or not, its all up to the league. if its inconclusive they go with a "no", and if theres no kicking motion, and the puck goes over the line then its a yes. and in the rule book im pretty sure its defined as a "kicking motion" which alfie didnt do. he just turned his foot (i think i cant quite remember). i mean when u think about it he couldve just been looking to get a better position infront of gigere, and turned, not knowing the puck would hit his foot...split second things like that. ive seen the same thing happen with the "batting motion" rule. i think that possibly better cameras (HD) may help but thats expensive and it mostly helps determine if the puck is over the line or not.

4. Ducky

^I know the kicking rule and how it goes and IMO it should be changed.

Oh the good old times :p

Oh well... I hope Ducks do better next game :D

5. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

grrr.....the sens are down 3-1 :( *keeps fingers crossed* still keeping the faith!

6. Ducky

Woohoo! This is awesome :D I was sooo tired that no chance I'd watched the game at 3am but checked the results first thing when I woke up! Awesome :D

I hope Teemu scores in the next (and hopefully last :p ) final for this season :D I checked goals from ESPN website, quite nice ones.

7. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

I was kind of going back & forth between which team I should cheer for. Anaheim, cause I like them & they have a ton of Canadians. Or Ottawa, cause I want the Cup to come to Canada.

Now, Daniel Alfredsen just body-checked me even further onto the Ducks side. What the hell was up with him shooting the puck at Scott Neidermayer..? Granted, Im late coming into it, but seriously that was just so uncalled for & beyond unsportsmanlike.

8. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

um unsportsman like....i think that definition was taken by ducks d-man chris pronger twice in the last 2 weeks. and yeah, alfies shooting of the puck at neidermayer wasnt the greatest definition of sportsmanship either.

well if anaheim wins the cup it (the cup) will spend a couple days in both regina, sask (i think the ducks have 2 or 3 guys from there) and cranbrook, bc (the neidermayer brothers hometown) and either way (no matter who wins) if i wanna see the cup its at least a 5 hour drive, lol!

oh and nice little tidbit to mesh the NHL and CSI Franchise, Jerry Bruckheimer is in talks with the NHL to bring a team to Las Vegas.

******ITS OVER!!!!******* The Ducks have won the CUP!!! Congrats go out to Teemu (after 14 years, its about time!!) and the rest of the Ducks team! I mean teh Cup may as well have come to Canada, 20 out of 24 Ducks players are Canadian after all! :lol:

9. Ducky

WOOOHOO! I still didn't have energy to wake up, so I watched rerun at 7am :p

Oh this is so great... like Teemu said, he was so close to win world championships and so close to win olympic gold and he thought he'll never win anything big and now this.

Wonderful!

I don't think I travel to Helsinki to see the cup when it comes here :p :lol:

*does a big dance*

10. Exit 8A

Exit 8A Pathologist

Gee, DaWacko, I'm surprised that you haven't put Teemu raising the Cup as your avatar yet.

And, that was cool, seeing Scott Niedermayer handing the Cup to his brother Rob first. It was interesting reading about when Scott was winning numerous Cups with the Devils, while the rest of the family was playing around with it, Rob was staying as far away as possible, as to not break tradition or superstition. I guess the Cup's visit to the Niedermayer household won't be awkward this year.

11. ModernDayDrifter

ModernDayDrifter Lab Technician

Congrats to the Ducks and all Duck fans :D

12. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

hehe and now...on to the draft and the awards :D ok so that may be the puckbunny in me talking but hey, a lot of those players clean up nice :lol:

13. Ducky

Well I have been in Sweden past few days, so hadn't had time... it will come, don't worry ;)

14. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

Im so glad the Ducks won

I dont really follow NHL since it is not really my kinda hockey but I hae a soft spot for the Ducks although there are no Slovaks on the team as far as I know

15. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

ok this may or may not appeal to any flames fans...according to "sources at tsn" mike keenan is on the verge of becoming the flames new head coach. im not a flames fan and even i think thats a good call. :lol:

oh, and sundin is a leaf for at least one more year and chelios is still a redwing for his 24th year next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.