The Just a Little Bit Closer Series/ SANDLE

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by CSIAleh, Jun 7, 2007.

1. SandleDL

SandleDL CSI Level One

Still love it! And it was very funny, although you could see that Greg suffers from what has happened. Write more pls!

2. CSIAleh

CSIAleh Witness

To all my faithful readers:
    Thanks so much for continuing to read and giving me your kind compliments. Whoever it was that urged me to write fanfic: thanks a lot...seems to be working out nicely. Now right now I'm not going to post the new chapter because I am tired BUT I will give ya a little sneak peak. Which technically makes for a good bit of suspense. =) Here it is:

Smiling wide, Greg slowly made his way to the door. The cause of Greg's smiling was because Sara had just whined because she didn't want him to leave. He liked having someone he couldn't stand leaving and couldn't stand him leaving. Especially now, of all times.

Sara: Greg, where are you going?
    Greg: I just gotta go get the mail. I'll be back.
    Sara: Can't I come? It's only to the mailbox, of which the location is unknown to me.
    Greg: No, I'd like to feel that terrible misery of what's it's like to be without you, only to know that you are sitting right there waiting for me to come back.

Sara blushed and laid down on the couch as Greg exited through the front door. He walked quite quickly to his mail box only to be stopped by the ringing of his cell phone. The ring tone was that assigned to Gil, so Greg answered it happily.

Greg: Sanders: Sanders.
    Gil: Hey. How you doing Greggo?
    Greg: I'm fine. So you need me at the lab or something?
    Gil: Nope. We've got things covered. Nick and Warrick may have another good lead on the killer.
    Greg: Great! Let me know if anything else pops up.
    Gil: Sure, Greg.
    Greg: So, why exactly did you call me?
    Gil: Just to check on ya, that's all.
    Greg: Well thanks Griss, that's uhh...nice. And very unusual.
    Gil: Well, we're all like family ,Greg. And despite popular belief you are a good friend ,Greg.
    Greg: Hey, that means a lot to me right now. Does that mean I can skip out on the next team meeting?
    Gil: No. Alright, I have stuff to do.
    Greg: Okay. Thanks for the call, Griss. Bye.

Greg flipped his phone hut and put in his jeans pocket. Arriving at the mail box, he pulled out his key and stuck it in the lock. Far away he could hear the squealing of car tires. He turned his head to see that the car he had just heard was much closer than he thought it was. A black four door sedan was speeding quickly from around the corner.

Gee, does he know that this isn't the Indy 500 racetrack?

The car didn't slow down as it neared the entranced Greg, who was still pulling out his mail. Horror filled Greg's face as the car swerved in his direction. Greg instinctively tried to jump out of the way, but not fast enough. As the car made contact with Greg's body, the driver stopped and backed up. When the car drove away, its tires squealed even louder than before. Inside the house, Sara heard the loud commotion from outside and decided to step out and take a look. Blood flowed heavily from Greg's left arm and onto the dirty asphalt. He tried to roll over but his body simply wouldn't obey his request. His ears leaked blood as well as Greg tried to lift his head; which was to no avail. He succeeded to the pain and lost consciousness. Just as Sara stepped out of the doorway, she saw Greg laying in the street. Screaming, she ran as hard as she could to her fallen love.

Sara: GREGGGGGGGGGG!!!

She finally reached him after what seemed like miles to her. Kneeling down to his side, Sara picked him up into her arms and reached in his pocket for his cell phone. An operator from 9-1-1 dispatch answered her cry for help.

Dispatcher: 9-1-1 dispatch. What is your situation?
    Sara: My fiancée just got his by a car. He is bleeding heavily from the arm and slightly from the ears. He is unconscious.
    Dispatcher: Alright, ma'am, we'll have someone out to help you as soon as we can.
    Sara: Oh my gosh, thank you.

She hung up the phone and began to weep over the unconscious Greg. Her warm tears fell on his bruised forehead as she rocked him in her arms.

STAY TUNED FOR PART THREE IN ITS ENTIRETY.

~Alexis

3. luvincsi

luvincsi Pathologist

I think that was me, in the sandle thread. Wasn't it? :)

Oh my!! :eek: Greg?? NOOOOOOO!! Pls. continue. *tear* Don't let Greg die. :(

4. sarahSidle1981

sarahSidle1981 Lab Technician

Post more soon, I need to know what happen next.

5. CSIAleh

CSIAleh Witness

PART FOUR (Including the teaser)

Smiling wide, Greg slowly made his way to the door. The cause of Greg's smiling was because Sara had just whined because she didn't want him to leave. He liked having someone he couldn't stand leaving and couldn't stand him leaving. Especially now, of all times.

Sara: Greg, where are you going?
    Greg: I just gotta go get the mail. I'll be back.
    Sara: Can't I come? It's only to the mailbox, of which the location is unknown to me.
    Greg: No, I'd like to feel that terrible misery of what's it's like to be without you, only to know that you are sitting right there waiting for me to come back.

Sara blushed and lay down on the couch as Greg exited through the front door. He walked quite quickly to his mail box only to be stopped by the ringing of his cell phone. The ring tone was that assigned to Gil, so Greg answered it happily.

Greg: Sanders.
    Gil: Hey. How you doing Greggo?
    Greg: I'm fine. So you need me at the lab or something?
    Gil: Nope. We've got things covered. Nick and Warrick may have another good lead on the killer.
    Greg: Great! Let me know if anything else pops up.
    Gil: Sure, Greg.
    Greg: So, why exactly did you call me?
    Gil: Just to check on ya, that’s all.
    Greg: Well thanks Griss, that's uhh...nice. And very unusual.
    Gil: Well, we're all like family, Greg. And despite popular belief you are a good friend, Greg.
    Greg: Hey, that means a lot to me right now. Does that mean I can skip out on the next team meeting?
    Gil: No. Alright, I have stuff to do.
    Greg: Okay. Thanks for the call, Griss. Bye.

Greg flipped his phone hut and put in his jeans pocket. Arriving at the mail box, he pulled out his key and stuck it in the lock. Far away he could hear the squealing of car tires. He turned his head to see that the car he had just heard was much closer than he thought it was. A black four door sedan was speeding quickly from around the corner.

Gee, does he know that this isn't the Indy 500 racetrack?

The car didn't slow down as it neared the entranced Greg, who was still pulling out his mail. Horror filled Greg's face as the car swerved in his direction. Greg instinctively tried to jump out of the way, but not fast enough. As the car made contact with Greg's body, the driver stopped and backed up. When the car drove away, its tires squealed even louder than before. Inside the house, Sara heard the loud commotion from outside and decided to step out and take a look. Blood flowed heavily from Greg's left arm and onto the dirty asphalt. He tried to roll over but his body simply wouldn't obey his request. His ears leaked blood as well as Greg tried to lift his head; which was to no avail. He succeeded to the pain and lost consciousness. Just as Sara stepped out of the doorway, she saw Greg lying in the street. Screaming, she ran as hard as she could to her fallen love.

Sara: GREGGGGGGGGGG!!!

She finally reached him after what seemed like miles to her. Kneeling down to his side, Sara picked him up into her arms and reached in his pocket for his cell phone. An operator from 9-1-1 dispatch answered her cry for help.

Dispatcher: 9-1-1 dispatch. What is your situation?
    Sara: My fiancée just got his by a car. He is bleeding heavily from the arm and slightly from the ears. He is unconscious.
    Dispatcher: Alright, ma'am, we'll have someone out to help you as soon as we can.
    Sara: Oh my gosh, thank you.

She hung up the phone, stuck it in her pocket and began to weep over the unconscious Greg. Her warm tears fell on his bruised forehead as she rocked him in her arms. After three or four minutes, an ambulance arrived for Greg. One paramedic reached Greg before the others and began assessing his patient.

Paramedic: We got a male, late 20s early 30s, severe impact trauma to the head and abdominal area. Bleeding from the ears. Multiple sever skin laceration on the lower left arm. Unconscious but he’s got a steady pulse. Possible broken bones in the left leg. What’s his name ma’am?
    Sara: Greg Hojem Sanders.

While the head paramedic continued to list off treatments and conditions, three other paramedics were working extremely fast to stabilize Greg. They finally brought out a stretcher and wheeled him to the ambulance. With a heave, they lifted him into the ambulance. Sara ran to the ambulance and stared in at Greg.

Paramedic: Ma’am go a ahead and jump in. Quickly now!!

She obeyed instantly and hopped into the ambulance just as the two paramedics in the back pulled shut the doors simultaneously. As she sat there and watched Greg, her hands began to shake with anxiety. The two paramedics continued to work on Greg, bandaging him and stabilizing him some more. The paramedic next to Sara suddenly lifted his hands and shouted.

Paramedic: He’s going into a seizure! Stabilize! Lift your hands, Jack! Now! Okay. Hold him down now.

The other paramedic complied and helped hold down Greg. Sara sunk her face into her hands and continued to sob. Five minutes passed and they reached the hospital. Everyone in the ambulance jumped out at lightening speed, including Sara. As the wheeled Greg towards the entrance, an ER doctor came running out and asking questions about his new patient. Sara didn’t know if she was allowed to follow but she did anyway. The doctors and paramedics were definitely in shape, she determined; they weren’t even really breaking a sweat. They were just working as hard, fast and efficiently as possible. Once they took Greg into a surgery room a tall handsome doctor stopped her.

Doctor: Don’t tell anyone I let you follow this far, but you can’t come in here. You can wait in the waiting room and I’ll come tell you as soon as we get anything new.

He smiled sympathetically and Sara tried to smile back but she just could not muster one. Seeming to understand her pain, he patted her shoulder, nodded and entered the surgery room. The walk down the long hallway was even longer to Sara because it took her farther away from Greg. Millions of thoughts raced through her tired head. Over and over again, the pictures of him bloodied and having a seizure played in her mind as she hiked to the waiting room. Dozens of people passed her, but she didn’t notice. She couldn’t. Greg was the only thing on her mind. The arrival to the waiting room was everything but exciting. All it meant was, well, waiting. An hour ago she felt wide awake but now she was exhausted. She leaned her elbows on her knees and tried to get even the least bit comfortable in the uncomfortable hospital chairs. Before she knew it she had drifted off to sleep.

Two hours later…

The same doctor that had earlier promised an update on Greg walked up to the sleeping Sara.

Doctor: Sara. Sara.

Sara sat up rapidly. She almost managed a smile at the sight of the kind doctor.

Sara: How’s Greg?
    Doctor: He alright.
    Sara: Can you expand a little on alright. Is he gonna be ok?
    Doctor: At this point, we’re not sure. He was conscious right when we took him into the surgery room but he hasn’t been conscious since. We won’t know how severe his head trauma is until he wakes up. But he’s stable. He has a shattered fibula and a couple broken bones in his right arm. A couple bruises and scratches here and there. I will continue to keep you updated.
    Sara sighed and looked up at the doctor. She could tell he was worn out.

Sara: Thank you. How did you know my name?
    Doctor: When he regained consciousness for about a minute or two, he wouldn’t stop talking about how beautiful you were. So I figured you were her.

Finally managing a smile, her spirits were lifted a little at the thought of hearing Greg talk about her.

Sara: Thank you.
    Doctor: You’re very welcome. I’m Doctor Jeremiah Terrence, by the way.
    Sara: Well, it’s nice to meet you Jeremiah.
    Jeremiah: Same to you. So you’re his…wife?
    Sara: Not quite yet.

She lifted her left hand for him to see her ring.

Sara: We were supposed to get married on Friday.
    Jeremiah: That’s a beautiful ring. He seems like a great guy.
    Sara: He is. Are you married?
    Jeremiah: Yes. Happily. My wife and I have a beautiful little daughter and a boy on the way. She’s due any day now.
    Sara: How exciting. Congratulations.
    Jeremiah: Well, I’m going to go head back to work, as much as I’d like to stay and talk…this…

He pulled a vibrating pager off his belt, glanced at it and replaced it to it holder.

Jeremiah: …is for me. I’ll be out next time I hear anything.
    Sara: Thanks for everything.

As he walked away he nodded and smiled. It didn’t take long for Sara to doze off again after the doctor walked away. She began to cry as she dreamed of Greg. Her cell phone began to ring. Glimpsing at the caller ID, she saw that it was Nick. She, unlike Greg, didn’t really take the time to assign everyone on her phone a separate ring tone. And she didn’t know who he had assigned to what ring tone.

Sara: Hi, Nick.
    Nick: Hi, Sara on Greg’s phone. What’s the matter? You sound really…tired or depressed or something.
    Sara: I’m at the hospital with Greg. He got hit by a car.
    Nick: What? How??
    Sara: I don’t know! He just went out to get the mail and I heard screeching. I went outside to see what was going on and saw him laying there in the street.
    Nick: Man. Wait a second. You said there was screeching?
    Sara: Yeah.
    Nick: Sara, that doesn’t sound like it was accidental. Especially since the driver left. I don’t think that it was even just a hit and run. I think it might have been very intentional. Were there tire treads??
    Sara: I don’t know.

Sara tried to think for a moment. Her memory flashed back to where she and Greg were on the street. Tons of images played in her mind until she remembered vaguely seeing some tire treads of some kind.

Sara: Wait. Yeah. I think there were some.
    Nick: Okay. Sara. I would come and visit you and Greg, but I have a hunch that this might be connected to our serial killer. I’ll see if I can get Grissom to get us out there.
    Sara: Good luck.
    Nick: Thanks. Hang in there, Sara.

They both hung up the phone at the same time. Sara really wanted to go see Greg but knew she couldn’t. She didn’t even get a moment of peace when a lady nearly carrying a man ran in the front door screaming for help.

Lady: My husband was jus shot! I need help!

Something instinctive in Sara made her get up and rush to the lady to help. When she got there she helped the lady lift her husband onto a stretcher that had just arrived. The doctors rushed him away and the lady dropped to her knees in tears. Sara gently lent her a hand and sat her down in a chair.

Lady: A man just stopped his car, got out and shot my husband while we were out walking. I don’t know why anyone would do such a thing.
    Sara: I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. If you don’t mind me asking, what kind of car was it?
    Lady: Why, it was black. Four door sedan. He was going quite fast. Why?
    Sara: Crap. He might be linked to a serial killer.

The lady gasped and Sara pulled Greg’s cell phone.

Sara: Nick. I believe the same car that hit Greg was the same car of the man who just shot a man walking on the street about twenty minutes ago. I briefly saw it. I know it was black.
    Nick: Yeah I just processed the tire tread about one minute ago. Toyota Corolla. Four door.
    Sara: I think our killer just slipped up again.
    Nick: Thanks, Sara. Bye.

The lady stared at Sara for a minute and then began to speak to her.

Lady: Are you going to catch him?
    Sara: I hope so ma’am. I hope so. Do you think your husband will be alright?
    Lady: I think so. He was shot high in the shoulder. I was just freaked out.
    Sara: Yeah. I would be to

Two more hours passed by. The lady went to see her husband, who was alright. She hoped that the doctor would come again soon with some more news on Greg. But she waited another half an hour before that happened. Jeremiah came running from the hallway. He sat down next to her to catch his breath.

Jeremiah: He’s awake! And he’s talking! So I think he’s gonna be alright.
    Sara: OH, thank goodness!
    Jeremiah: He’s talking about you again. Non-stop. “Can I see, Sara?” “Did I tell you she’s really pretty?” We just moved him out of ICU. So you can come see him now. He’s hilarious. I don’t know if it’s the drugs or just him or both.
    Sara: It’s him.
    Jeremiah: C’mon I’ll take you to his room.

He led her up the elevator and down a few doors to the room which temporarily housed her dear Greg. She smiled at the doctor and slowly opened the door. Greg somehow knew it was her and a huge grin stretched across his face. She ran to him and kissed him on the forehead. He grimaced and moaned a little.

Sara: Hi, handsome. How you feeling?
    Greg: Like I was victimized by an angry mailman.

Sara laughed and couldn’t help but smiling her face off. He really was funny. No one could make her laugh like he could at anytime. Now confirmed, that included when he was severely injured.

Sara: I missed you like crap!
    Greg: I didn’t miss you like crap. I never miss crap. It’s gross. It goes down the toilet I say bye. It’s gone. I want no more to do with it. I’m just kidding. I missed you to. They say if I get better enough by tonight they’ll discharge me to go home.
    Sara: How? You are still severely injured.
    Greg: Actually so far as they can see I just have a wobbly leg and a messed up arm. And a concussion. The doctor said her was just worried of how much head trauma I had actually suffered. He didn’t know if I would be mentally retarded when I woke up, have memory loss or whatever. But since I am ok in that department, they agreed to let me go if I get a little better. With the exception that I would have an overseeing doctor who volunteered to keep an eye on me after his shift was over.
    Sara: I’m so glad you’re okay.
    Greg: I missed you, beautiful.
    Sara: I missed you too. I was so worried. But you’re okay now. Nick got a new lead on the killer. I think that the guy that hit you and soon after shot a man is the same guy as the serial killer. He must have thought you were dead, that’s probably why he didn’t do anything else to you.
    Greg: That’s good. I’m getting sleepy.
    Sara: Alright. I love you.
    Greg: I love you too.

Sara pulled a chair up to the bed and fell asleep alongside Greg’s bed. It was nearly 8:00 when they both awoke. Jeremiah walked in with a chart; presumably, Greg’s chart.

Jeremiah: Hey you guys. Greg, you can go home. I’ve been monitoring you for the last hour and you are doing great. It’s hard to believe but you’ve been here for a full twelve hours. I’ll be going with home with you to continue to monitor your condition.

Sara knew it must have been him who volunteered to do that.

Sara: Well, you can follow us home. Unless you need a ride.
    Jeremiah: Well, I usually take the bus just because I like it. So yeah I need a ride if that’s not a problem.
    Sara: It’s no problem. We’ll just see if my friend can bring my car up here.

Sara pulled our Greg’s cell phone as he tried to protest at the sight of his phone.

Greg: Hey. That’s my phone.
    Sara: I left mine at your house. FYI: I didn’t really have time to grab mine while I was taking care of your hit-by-a-car self.

Greg chuckled weakly as he wiggled a little. Sara put the phone to her ear and listened.

Sara: Nick? You busy?
    Nick: No. I just got off work. We caught the killer. Grissom is questioning him. He just sent me home five minutes ago. What’s up?
    Sara: Wait you caught the killer?? One sec. I got to tell Greg.

Sara: Greg, dear, they caught the killer.

He was speechless until his eyes welled up with tears and he shouted “WHOOOO NICKY!!”

Sara: Did you hear that?
    Nick: Yeah. So what’s up? Guess he’s doing better?
    Sara: Yeah he’s doing much better. I was hoping on your way home you could drop Greg and I and his doctor by Greg’s house.
    Nick: He can go home already?
    Sara: Yeah they said he was doing great.
    Nick: Sure just let me make a u-turn here; I JUST passed the hospital. I’ll be there in a few. I got my trailblazer so don’t worry about room or nothing.

Before Sara could say anything else, Nick hung up the phone. After ten minutes of prepping Greg to go, he was wheeled down to the entrance with Sara walking by his side. Outside, Nick was standing by his car ready to help. He helped the doctor lift Greg into the front seat and he put the wheelchair in the back. After they all hopped in, Nick drove off.
    Sara: Do you know the way to Greg’s house?
    Nick: Sure do. Been there half a dozen times…times like 4.
    Sara: Wow. That’s good because I have no idea how to get to his house.
    Greg: Yeah, Nick and I watch Law and Order every Tuesday if we don’t have work and on Friday he brings me my next week’s supply of Hot pockets and I give him a bag of oranges.
    Sara: And yesterday was the first time you ever had me over.
    Greg: Well, I wanted to propose to you the first time you came to my house. I know, weird. It’s just the way I pictured it in my mind.
    Nick: Alright you lovebirds…and the doctor, ha-ha that makes me laugh for some reason. Anyway, we’re here. I’ll help you get Greg into the house.

It was definitely harder to get Greg out of the car than it was to get him in. It took the two men almost twice as long. While they were plenty busy, Sara ran into the house and upstairs. She went into two rooms until she found the one that looked like Greg’s. She grabbed his pillow off his bed and ran back down stairs. Remembering where the laundry room was, she thought the blankets could possibly be in there. And lo and behold, there they were.

Man, Sara, you’re good.

She made a bed for Greg on the couch just in time for Nick and Jeremiah to wheel him into the house. The two men lifted Greg onto the couch and Sara was right behind them waiting to attend to Greg. As soon as they both backed away, Sara was at his side, covering him with blankets and holding his hand.

Greg: Nick, Your oranges are in the cabinet by the plates…I know they’re early but…
    Nick: I’ll come and get ‘em on Friday. I’ll want to come and see you.
    Greg: That’ll be nice.
    Nick: We’ll have to watch Law and Order next week.
    Greg: We can watch it tonight, as long as Sara and the doctor don’t mind.
    Sara: I definitely don’t mind. I watch it whenever I can.
    Jeremiah: I don’t care.
    Nick: Awesome, I’ll guess I’ll stay then.
    Greg: Sure thing.

6. sarahSidle1981

Keep going I love it. I'm happy Greg ok. But I want to know what happen next.

7. catey1234

catey1234 Pathologist

Finally got to read all you wrote since I last read this, and you've done a terrific job. I really like this fic, althought it really veered from the sweetness of the first chapter in to major angst territory. Good job.

8. Chris_miami

Chris_miami Hit and Run

Oh, dude, poor Greg. He's been having so much trouble lately. So angsty, yet so very very good. I always knew nick and greg were best friends, I like the idea of them watching Law and Order together, talking about inaccuracies and such. ha, that'd be cool.

9. luvincsi

luvincsi Pathologist

It's getting good. :D Keep writing. :)

10. CSIAleh

CSIAleh Witness

PART FOUR (I think. I didn't really look up...but I think it's part four :lol:)

Nick: Dang, that was a good one. I hate cliffhangers though. Wanna watch another one?

He waited a few seconds for a response but received none. Nick was seated on the floor in front of TV like a little kid watching cartoons on a Saturday morning. Turning around he saw that Sara was sleeping and Greg was asleep on her lap. The doctor, who was sitting in the lazy boy, shrugged his shoulders and replied:

Jeremiah: Sure?
    Nick: That’s my man!!

Jeremiah shrugged his shoulders again and sunk himself into the extremely comfortable lazy boy. But being the good doctor he was, he hopped up immediately when he heard Greg cough. He checked Greg’s breathing and peaked at his watch.

Nick: Everything okay, doctor?
    Jeremiah: Yeah, I just need Greg to take some more of his pain medicine.
    Nick: Sure. Hey, Greggo. The doc needs you to take some medicine.

Greg grimaced as he sat up slowly. He glanced at Sara who had fallen asleep too. She gorgeous; even when she sleeps. Sara startled Greg when she opened her eyes and looked at him.

Sara: I love you.
    Greg: Mmmm…I love you too.
    Jeremiah: Hate to break up the love fest, but Mr. Sanders needs to take some medicine.
    Greg: Boy, am I okay with that.

Nick paused the Law and Order to get Greg a glass of water. Around the corner he poked his head.

Nick: Anybody else want something to drink?
    Sara: I’m good thanks.
    Jeremiah: Got any coffee?
    Greg: Yeah…um Nicky, brew him up some of my good stuff.
    Nick: You mean your GOOD STUFF?
    Greg: Yeah.
    Nick: Wow…okay.

Nick appeared moments later, out of the kitchen with a glass of water for Greg. Gratefully, Greg accepted the water from Nick. He took his medicine and lay back down on Sara’s lap. The smell of the coffee permeated the air throughout the house. It occurred to Greg that he probably wasn’t allowed to have coffee but he thought he would give it a shot.

Greg: Hey Nick, can you pour me a cup of that too?
    Nick: I would but, I’m just guessing here, it’s probably not the best thing for you to have right now.

Greg pouted but was glad that the good advice had come from his one of his best friends instead of a doctor he didn’t really know. Before he pressed the play button, Nick got up and went to get some coffee for the doctor and himself. When Greg saw that Nick had evidently got some for himself, he laughed.

Greg: Just figured you’d take advantage of the free Blue Hawaiian while I was down, eh?

Nick smiled his big, happy grin and sat down on the floor, ready to resume the show. Greg, apparently not interested in watching more Law and Order, drifted back off to sleep. About halfway through the third episode they had watched, Sara fell back asleep too. Throughout the show, the doctor would get up to check on Greg. Nick didn’t seem to even notice, he was too engulfed in the show. Sometimes he would randomly make remarks as if he were at a football game. That was one of the things that made Greg really enjoy his time watching Law and Order with Nick; his remarks were hilarious. The most frequent being: “Oh, c’mon. Why did ya do that for?”, “You should’ve used this or that”, “Greg, did you see that?” It made Greg laugh. Once Sara realized that’s how Nick watched Law and Order, she began to laugh too. She too was guilty of watching TV shows about investigation and inadvertently trying to “make suggestions” or correct the errors. Greg did that in his head too, but mostly kept it to himself. The last episode on the disc was finished and Nick lay back and sighed.

Nick: Well, at least it’s not a cliff hanger. Cause then we’d have to watch more.

As he looked back, he realized he was again talking only to the doctor. Jeremiah stood up and wrapped his coat around himself.

Nick: Leavin’ Doc?
    Jeremiah: Yeah. He’s doing great. You just need to be giving him that medication every four to six hours based on how he’s feeling. Keep him off his feet for the next three of four days and he will be good to go.
    Nick: Hey thanks for everything, Doctor. I’m sure Greg really appreciates it. And Sara too. You’re going to need me to take you home I assume?
    Jeremiah: Yes, please. It’s my pleasure, Nick?
    Nick: Yeah. Nick Stokes.
    Jeremiah: Jeremiah Terrence.
    Nick: Pleased to meet you Doctor Terrence.
    Jeremiah: And you.

Greg tapped Sara on the shoulder and she woke.

Greg: Doctor, thank you for everything that you’ve done for me. If there’s ever anything we can do for you please…please let me…us know.
    Jeremiah: That’s very kind of you, Mr. Sanders. Ms. Sidle. Good night to the both of you.
    Sara: Good night!!

Nick led the doctor to his car and drove off. Sara smiled and kissed Greg on the forehead. He sat up and looked into her gorgeous eyes. Tiredness overtook him so he was completely stuck looking at Sara, and he knew it. But he didn’t mind at all. She didn’t seem to mind either.

Greg: Looks like we’re alone again.
    Sara: Yep. Looks like.
    Greg: Can I have some coffee?
    Sara: No, Greg. Did you think you think you could just slide your way by with that one?
    Sara: Nice try.
    Greg: I thought so.
    Sara: How are you feeling?
    Greg: I feel pretty good. A little bit sore in the arm. But I can still move it around.
    Sara: Good. Well, I am going to go to sleep.
    Greg: You can go in the guest room if you want. You don’t have to stay with me if you don’t want. The guest room is much more comfy than the couch.
    Sara: But…what if you need me?
    Greg: I’ll call you on your cell phone. It’s okay. Just go. Get a good night’s sleep.
    Sara: Okay. You’re really sweet. I ever tell you that??

With that, she shuffled off to the guest room and went to sleep. Greg contemplated ways that he could still feasibly make the wedding happen on Friday…

I’d really like to not walk down the isle with a cast. I’d like to be able to carry Sara. Ehh, we’re just going to have to wait. I don't want to wait.

------------------------------------------
    He woke from a dream, a picture perfect dream of his and Sara's wedding. Accept for the part where he fell in a pile of mud on the way to the wedding "getway" car: perfect. When he got up from the couch he arrived in the kitchen to see Sara cooking breakfast again. He smiled and hobbled over to Sara.

Greg: Good morning, Sara!
    Sara: Greg! It's nice to see you up. How do you feel? You hungry? Do you want some new clothes?
    Greg: Hehe. I'm great Sara, now that I've seen you. I am hungry and I do want some new clothes. Thank you. I'll go upstairs and change.
    Sara: No no. You can't go upstairs by yourself. You have a cast on stupid head.
    Greg: No, I'll be fine.
    Sara: Just let me help you Greg! I don't mind.
    Greg: Okay. I'll wait to change till after breakfast.
    Sara: It'll be ready in a couple minutes. Just sit down at the table.

Greg sat down at the table and waited patiently. He jumped when his house phone rang. Luckily the last place he had put it was in the table, so it was right in front of him.
    Grissom, Gilbert? Wierd.

Greg: Sanders.
    Gil: Hi, Greg. Do you always answer your house phone like you do for work?
    Greg: Nooo...Just forget sometimes.
    Gil: Alrighty then. Hey, do you mind if I drop by for a little bit?
    Greg: Not at all. What time?
    Gil: Like right now?
    Greg: Umm. Yeah.
    Gil: Okay. Bye.
    Greg: Bye.

As soon as Greg hung up the phone and replaced it on the table, his doorbell rang.

Crafty, Gil. Crafty.

Greg: Sara would you throw some more breakfast in the pan or whatever, please?
    Sara: Why?
    Greg: Please?
    Sara: Okay. You got it.

After a lengthy walk to the door, her opened it to find Gil with a box of doughnuts in one hand and a bag of bagels and muffins in the other. He gestured for Gil to come in. Gil obliged and Greg closed the door behind him.

Gil: Good morning, Greg!
    Greg: Good morning!
    Gil: These are for you. But I'm sure you can't hold all of them.

He pointed to Greg's bandaged arm. Greg nodded and led him to the kitchen. Gil seemed very surprised to see Sara standing at the stove and pulling food out of the oven. Placing the doughnuts, bagels, and muffins on the table he walked over to the bar and leaned one arm on it..

Sara: Hi, Gil.
    Gil: Hello, Sara. What are you doing here?
    Sara: Just taking care of Greg. You want some breakfast?
    Gil: Sure. That would be nice. I brought some doughnuts and stuff.
    Sara: Cool. Thanks. That will go nice with breakfast. Greg, do you have any cream cheese?
    Greg: Ummm...lemme check.

He walked to the fridge and perused through its contents.

Greg: Yeah. Regular, blueberry and strawberry.
    Gil: Wow, quite a selection.
    Greg: I'm not much of a cream cheese guy.
    Gil: I can see that.

Greg grabbed butter knife out of the silverware drawer and a gallon of milk out of the fridge. As soon as he placed the milk, cream cheese and knife on the table, he turned to a cabinet and pulled out three glasses. Sara placed three plates and forks on the table as Greg moved the roses to the bar next to Gil.

Gil: You usually keep two dozen roses on your table?
    Greg: No. I just felt like it this week.
    Gil: Hmm. Interesting. Can I help?
    Greg: Nope. I think we're pretty much ready.
    Sara: He can pull the casserole out of the oven if he wants.
    Gil: I'd love to.

Greg opened a drawer with hot pads in it for Gil who reached in and grabbed the biggest of all of them. A wave of heat came rushing out of the oven when Gil opened it. His glasses fogged and he scoffed at it. After he could see again, he placed the casserole on the table. Greg poured milk into the thre glasses and set them in front of the three plates. Spotting the location of the spatulas, Gil jumped over to them and grabbed one. He gladly scooped everyone a little slab of some of the mexican egg casserole. As soon as Gil sat down, they all dug in.

Greg: Sara, this is great.
    Sara: Thanks, Greg.
    Gil: Yes, very good. Thank you.

Greg put down his fork and pulled out a bagel. He asked Sara if she wanted one without even speaking and she responded the same. They both smiled at what they just did. Greg put regular cream cheese on Gil's and strawberry on both his and Sara's. For half an hour they all ate while Gil told them stories about breakfasts with his Aunt Hilda. While Greg made sarcastic commentary as he always did when Gil was talking. Sara just sat back and ejoyed every minute of it.

Gil: Well I should get going. Thanks for breakfast and your hospitality. You have a beautiful house by the way, Greg.
    Greg: Thanks.
    Gil: You ever going to have a house warming party?
    Greg: Yeah. It'll be a party for a few different things. May 14.
    Gil: Ok...I'll be sure to mark that on the calendar. See you guys later.
    Greg: Okay! Thanks for stopping by! Hey, Gil...
    Gil: Yeah?
    Greg: I'll be at work on Saturday.
    Gil: You sure?
    Gil: Okay. Great. See ya. Take it easy.

Gil exited the front door and Sara began to clean everything up. Greg got up from the table and started to wash the dishes. They didn't talk for fifteen minutes. But the silence didn't bother either of them. Just being in the same room together was evnough for them.

Sara: Ready to go up stairs?

She stood behind him and helped him lift his leg up as they slowly made their way to the top of the stairs. It didn't seem to take to long. Greg walked without assitance to his room and Sara followed. She sat on his bed as he perused his drawers for something to wear.

Greg: I just realized you've been wearing that for like two days. Do you want to go home and get something else?
    Sara: No I'm okay.
    Greg: Do you at least want something clean?
    Sara: Yes.

Greg threw her some socks, a red Vans shirt, and some black cargo pants. He pulled out a pair of balck cargo pants exactly like the ones he threw at Sara, and a red Nike shirt.

Greg: You can take a shower too if you want.
    Sara: That would be wonderful.
    Greg: You can use my shower since there's no shampoo or anything downstairs. Let me just go down stairs. I'll be fine by myself.
    Sara: Okay. Thanks.

11. Chris_miami

Chris_miami Hit and Run

They're so cute together. And Grissom doesn't know what's going on! Very clever. Can't wait!

12. sarahSidle1981

Keep going I want to know what happen next.

13. catey1234

catey1234 Pathologist

Good update! Does Gil suspect, or is he totally clueless to Greg/Sara? It will be interesting to see where you go with this.

14. danafireprincess

danafireprincess Victim

this is such a cool story!!!
    Grissom's always clueless when it's about this sort of things... XD

15. luvincsi

luvincsi Pathologist

I like this chapter. Tehee. Pls. Continue..