Gil <3 Cath #27: PureJoy--He Enjoys Her Slaps

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Drumchik, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

:D We have the most fics on csi-forensics because we ROCK! Oh, TPTB open your eyes and see the beautiful that is Grillows!

Drumchik: So true! Grillows is really easy to write as they have the easiest chemistry. It's not forced; its natural. It's fun, its... just perfect. Yes, there are a ton of stuff left unsaid; so many words in their head. :)
    Ahhh! :lol: So funny and adorable! Really sums up the relationship they have--like a married couple! I love them! *Huggles everyone and Grillows*

2. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

That is very true, Anne. I can't imagine myself writing for other pairings although I've written just 2, 3 stories so far. It's not that I don't like other ships. There are a few ships that I think are cute, but I think PureJoy is the only one that really gets to me. :)

I saw a question in a friend's LJ and thought it would be interesting if we talk about it here... why do you ship this pairing? I'm not talking about how good they look together or how undeniable their chemistry is. My question is... is it based on what you think Cath and Gil want, or is it based on what you think they need, or is it a reflection of yourself in real life, or is there any other reason?

3. ren28

ren28 Pathologist

Why I ship this pairing? Simple. They complete each other in terms of strengths and weaknesses, and have a deep respect for one another. They also seem to make space for each other's individuality, and are playful together.

Were they paired off on screen, they would come across as an example of what a healthy, functional couple would look like, one that knows how to fight and make up, how to keep the romance and seduction alive. Plus, Catherine is the only one who can cheer Gil up and make him laugh. Gil needs that.

4. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Why do I ship this pairing? Because I can't help myself. It just - Is.

I think it's based on what they want and what they need. They provide the perfect complement to each other - they fill each other's needs. There are some things that they know about each other and can do to each other that no one else can.

I think if I was in a relationship, I'd want one like theirs - or at least theirs before everything went pear-shaped and they gave Grissom an alter ego - who I fondly like to call "Dumbass Grissom"

5. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

Hmmm, why do I ship Grillows? My first ship ever and still my OTP? They compromise each other perfectly. They know what each other are thinking. They finish off each other's sentences.
    I just really love that balance they have in each other. I love their whole married-couple thing. :) They give each other looks and glances. Even with a look, they know what each other's feeling.
    They fight alot, but the amazing thing is that they always make up. That's a functional and real, healthy relationship to me. ;)

6. handbag39

handbag39 Victim

Hello I'm a newbie round these parts and I heart Grillow/PureJoy/whatever you wanna call it :D

Just wanted to say I'm sooo glad I have found others like myself!

I ship them because they just fit together perfectly. It just works. They are both always there for one another and they know each other so well that they know what the other is thinking.

I just caught a re-run of 'Identity Crisis' the other day- I thought it was a good G/C episode :)

7. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Why do I ship this pairing? Because they have unbelievable chemistry. They get together well. They fit together well like money and a cash register (lol bad comparison). But honestly. I ship them because I just love them together. :D

8. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Welcome handbag39 I'm sure someone will get you a welcome basket...:)

and why I ship G/C

As you may know, I'm a multi-shipper :D and like lots of pairings

Cath and Gris just have this very strong, intesne bond. I said when I first joined that they have this incredible connection. I was obvious from when I first watched CSI.
    I thought they were either married or divorced the way they played off each other.
    My step-sister did to :D

It's easy to write for them, now that I have completed my first fic. We can use our imaginations to fill in the blanks ;)

9. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

Welcome Handbag! You'll love it here!

Remember how in Season 3 (I forgot the episode, if someone knows the name--LET ME KNOW!), they went to the theater together and ended up watching a black and white movie?
    What movies do you guys secretly see them watching?

10. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

kissmesweet that would be Night at the Movies in season 3 :D

as for Cath/Gil watching movies, well, in this season Living Legend Cath said she and Lindsey watch horror movies together but they are not accurate with the portrayal of blood spatter. That is Cath's specialty after all. ;)
    Gil probably watches with them :D

11. nathiconti

nathiconti Victim

Why I ship Purejoy?
    For so many reasons!
    Because they are so perfect together, they seem so right!They have a incredible conection.
    And besides all...They're friends.
    Can you imagine a realationship without fellowship and complicity? I can't!

And about Fic's...I think it easy write for them, 'cause the histories come complete in our mind! We don't need think for a long time, it's natural! :rolleyes:

12. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

Hey gurlies, it's been a lil while. Pc died. Boo hiss at it. BOO HISS!

PM le link and I shall! :D We definatly do have some seriously talented writers, not that other ships don't we just have a nice elite. Go PureJoy! Yeah i've always shipped other things on other programmes but theres something about PJ that's so appealing, like you said, it just gets to me.

Why do I ship PureJoy? Because they balence each other, she's livens him up and he calms her down. Perfect match right?! Because (to quote Scully) the best relationships are rooted in friendship. Because they make each other smile. Because they're physically and mentally attracted to each other. And I shall stop myself there lol. Could be here forever.

I read Seriel btw (in one day I might add!), and my god, how many times do they touch in that?! :p Max Allan Collins is sooo GCR! Started reading Sin City too, some very cute moments so far, don't wanna spoil it but just one quote from the book -
    "she bestowed him her most beautiful sarcastic smile..." Love that.

Damn it's good to be back! *huggles*

Hello to you Handbag! Love your name ;)

13. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

*boos and hisses at ams computer* That sucks, man.

Hi Handbag. Welcome to the land of Purejoy. :)

I like this ship for pretty much all the reasons everyone else has already mentioned, all rolled up into one. But yanno, how couldn't you love this ship?

14. Ted9999_GCR

Ted9999_GCR Victim

You guys took all my reasons as to why I like PureJoy. :p Any reason I give wouldn't be new to you guys, anyways. LOL.

Ohhh. Did someone mention fanfiction? That's the best way to pass time during boring Algebra and Biology classes. Write it or sneak onto a class computer and read it. ^_^

This sucks. I was JUST about to buy that book, but instead, I bought Binding Ties and Snake Eyes. Do those have any good G/C moments in em?? :D

15. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

We have such a touchy-feely ship.

Wow, there are so many good names we need to remember for the next poll:

Gil <3 Cath #28: PureJoy - They have sex without touching
    Gil <3 Cath #28: PureJoy - The Touchy-Feely Ship
    Gil <3 Cath #28: PureJoy - Because it just is.
    Gil <3 Cath #28: PureJoy - Because how can't you love it?

Handbag, welcome to the ship, which I modestly call the Greatest Ship On Earth. I've actually lost my link to the welcome basket, but as soon as I find it, you'll get it, because every PureJoy fan needs one.

The books and the comics are so funny, because they're SO shippy (especially the comics) without intending to be. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.