Louise/Sofia: A Lady With Attitude Pt. III

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by allstar12, May 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

:p In season 5 you can notice it more, especially first eps. IMO she's improved the accent since then, but what do I know. :rolleyes:

I don't think that she was particularly sad, but it made ME sad, if you catch me? :rolleyes:

2. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

Oh, so that's the way you say it. I figured there was a correct word for that, but I didn't know what it was. It makes sense, though. Thank you for the explanation. And forgive my poor english :p

Welcome eggbe4thechicken :) I think she will be back for season 8. At least I hope so. About her accent, and as you have already understood in this same post, English is not my mother language and I am not good at it either, so I have no idea if her American accent is convincent or not :rolleyes: Don't we have an American Louise fan?

3. atfm

atfm Lab Technician

I think of the regulars, MUTTMO's the only American here.

I haven't noticed. I suppose it becomes harder for when she's tired. In the Five US interview she also said that she sometimes has to do additional dialogue recording.

Yup, gotcha. ;)

I don't know if it's an official phrase but you say it in jest. If somebody seconds something, the next persons third and fourth and fifth it. And your English is just fine. :)

4. LOULO_GROUPIES

LOULO_GROUPIES Rookie

Her accent isn't bad . I think it sounds east coast like New York or something..but if you know shes English its real obvious when shes slips. I think its cute.

5. atfm

atfm Lab Technician

Damn, I just watched part of Heaven Must Wait, and this totally cracked me up:

"This is my house, and I decide who sleeps in it and who doesn't, and you doesn't.......don't."

:D

6. LOULO_GROUPIES

LOULO_GROUPIES Rookie

Yeah that was funny!!!!!!!

7. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I think Louise does a great job with the accent (I'm Canadian). There's a slight british undertone to it... but it's barely noticable, and I just love the way she sounds :D

8. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I love Louise because she has some of the greatest expressions:

[​IMG]

9. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

I own that movie and love the role she portrayed in that film. I cracked up when she tossed the guys suitcases and all out the door at him. Great scene. I found that as one of the top acting roles..well in her British career...that shows her incredible abilities as an actress.

10. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I love that movie. I've watched it twice now and she's so funny in it. How she keeps slapping the poor guy and keeps having to apologise to him. LOL.

And I love the scenes where they're JUST about to kiss and then...interrupted again. LOL

11. atfm

atfm Lab Technician

I haven't finished it yet (yes, I have the attention span of a fly) but her role seems definitely different from what I've seen from her before. She does a great job, though, I almost got teary-eyed when she told the woman about the baby.

12. LOULO_GROUPIES

LOULO_GROUPIES Rookie

Ya need to watch all of them!!!!!!!!!!

13. 4_and_20

4_and_20 Rookie

Ok, first, I need to watch that film.

We always end up back on the accent don’t we. To me it sounds like an ok accent, just every now and then the pronunciation sounds a bit funny, like the very suspect way she says 'Gettysburg' in Way To Go. I’ve only heard Americans pronounce it one way, and that definitely wasn’t it, but I find that much more endearing then annoying.

I didn’t actually see Formalities until only about a few months ago. I missed it the first time around because at the time I figured that since there was no Sara in that episode I wasn’t gonna bother with it. It was only a couple of months later that I was absolutely kicking myself for doing that, especially since that was one of the few times we got to see Sofia in a blue jumpsuit, I loooove those jumpsuits, on any of the CSI ladies really, but especially on Sofia.

Hay, what about in Room Service when that guy was having that little problem from taking one too many pills and he's sitting down playing with the front of hi's dressing gown and Sofia's all “stand up” and she looks down with the funniest ‘what the’ expression and then starts smiling, I love that entire scene.

Awwwww

14. Kristina_K

Kristina_K Dead on Arrival

Haha, I love the expressions on her face, and even more so when she follows them up with the greatest intonations of her voice. Like, when the Room service scene was mentioned, I always remember the scene where the kid is pulling on the robe to tie it tighter and you can first see on Sofia's face that she's confused, then annoyed and then she cracks: "What's with the robe?!" I laugh at that every time, especially when she sees's what's up (no pun, I pwomise :D) with the robe and then smiles as if she thinks "Well, aren't I glad I asked." Priceless. :lol:

And you can tell that sometimes, something is off in her accent, but to me it just ads to her apeal. She has a mouthful of some words that she has to pronounce and it just comes out sounding a little... different than it usually does when her American colleagues say them. But once again I say, that and so many other little things is what makes me love her so much. :D

15. LOULO_GROUPIES

LOULO_GROUPIES Rookie

Good Morning!!

For those of you who randomly pop in...............
    I have GOODIES!!!

pm me for passwords and info!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.