Proms And Death Threats And Movies, Oh My

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Jun 7, 2007.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

<font color=yellow>Marg Helgenberger</font> (Catherine Willows) talks about Mr. Brooks and her real-life family.

Helgenberger's husband, <font color=yellow>Alan Rosenberg</font>, is the president of the Screen Actors Guild (SAG). "He's doing a great job, too," she said on Live with Regis and Kelly. She also mentioned a negative aspect of his position. "Now we have to have security," she said, explaining that her husband had received death threats. However, she doesn't take the threats too seriously. "It's 120,000 actors, don't you think that about 65 percent of them are nuts?" She asked, laughing.

In addition to her husband, Helgenberger talked about her son <font color=yellow>Hughie</font>. "My son attended his first junior/senior prom, he's growing up," she said. She described him wearing his father's Armani tux and riding in a Hummer limo with a bunch of his classmates. She also mentioned what happened after the prom itself: "Big slumber parties with all of the kids." She told Hughie that he could go since it was taking place at a female classmate's house and her parents were going to be there. "He crawls in about 12:30 the next day," she said, continuing the story. He had a bandana around his neck, which Helgenberger said "was to disguise the fact that he had about six hickies on his neck."

Switching from talk of her real-life family to her movie, Mr. Brooks, Helgenberger said that her character, Emma Brooks, is the most normal member of her on-screen family. "I'm the lightness to his darkness," she said, referring to Emma's husband, the title character (played by <font color=yellow>Kevin Costner</font>). Helgenberger said that she enjoyed filming the scenes with Costner and <font color=yellow>William Hurt</font> but that "it was hard to ignore" Hurt, who played Costner's invisible alter ego. She wouldn't reveal the ending of the movie, but she did say that something happened that was "quite startling."

Visit the official site for Live with Regis and Kelly here.<center></center>

2. Hottie_Cath

Hottie_Cath Corpse

Yeah it was a fun interview.
    True. :D

Poor Hughie, he must've been really embarrassed right now, lol.

3. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

poor Huey. :( how embarassing.

Marg sure is a card sometimes huh?

I can't believe people actually attempt death threats on the president of The Screen Actors Guild.
    Alan follows in some big footsteps. Wasn't former president Ronald Regan also the president of The Screen Actors Guild?

4. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Um, dear CSI Files, it's Hughie. lol.

And yeah that was certainly a fun interview. Btw she was on The View this morning and apart from the new movie, she also talked about her weather girl days and how Alan reacted after Playboy asked her to pose for their cover. :D

5. cofi_shot

cofi_shot Captain

She talked about the same things in Conan. She's adorable :D

6. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

OMG they changed it to Hughie! *is amazed*

Yes she talked about Margi McCarthy and the Playboy offer on Conan, too, and I wondered why everyone has been asking her about those. lmao. The interview with Conan has got to be my favorite among her recent ones because it was hysterically funny and it was so much better than The View. :lol:

7. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

That interview was really funny. I loved how she was completely bent over and laughing so hard! LOL