Teenage Thread 3- We Are the Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by vegaslights, Jan 21, 2006.

1. darx2mint4

darx2mint4 CSI Level One

Cainesugar, You're so lucky you got to take Geometry in 8th grade. If my school offered that I would have done it, so I could've taken Chemistry this year, and skipped Biology (yuck). Only about 4 people in my grade are taking Chem, and that is because they transferred from another school that already offered Geometry.

Seriously though, do schools require Gym as a class? My school just has the rule that you have to play in two of the three seasons. I do Tennis in the fall, and then Tennis again in the spring (outside of school though).

2. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

yea in my school its mandatory to take gym

3. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

Yeah, like I said, in here we don't really have a choice in most subjects. We only can choose between art and music in my school. But there weren't enough music students, so everyone takes Visual Education, Technologic Education and Art&Design. Here everyone takes Gym(or PE). I have three times 45 minutes of it since 5th grade and I am going to continue having it until I go to college. Some teachers even do written tests, but other don't. And next year I am going to have TIC(computers) which is going to be good :)
    But there's that thing there where you live of sports seasons. And here we don't have anything like it. I really don't know how it works.

4. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

I love gym, definatly one of my favorite classes. Along with Spanish.

Ah, I started finals for Spanish Friday. I had speaking tests Friday and I have written tomorrow, and than Tuesday, I have like vocabulary, conjugation, etc.

At my school we have 3 sport seasons. Fall, Spring, Winter. Like Fall is like cross country, tennis, football, swimming more that I don't know. Winter is gymnastics, basketball, hockey, dance, and more. Than Spring is badminton, softball, baseball, track, etc.

My finals are going to be bad, I haven't studied because I don't know how to focus. I mean too many distractions! AH :lol:

5. CSIdoglover54

CSIdoglover54 Witness

I hated Spanish. I took my mandatory two years and then promptly forgot most of it. I can say dog though, "perro" *looks pleased with herself*

6. AshleyFirst223

^hahaha I love Spanish, I'm taking more than my required two years. It's my favorite.

I took 3 out of 7 finals today. It was easy I had History, Spanish, and English. EASY! I think I got good grades.

But I went to AP History meeting, and I have over an inch worth of homework to do over the summer. Shoot me now!

7. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

ugh AshleyWillows I have to read a book for Pre-Ap English 2 and make a stylistic log about figurative language in the book and then write an essay. But I am enjoying the book so far since it has some swearing words. I'm reading "The Catcher In the Rya" ehich was banned because it said "damn" and "crap" which is like really stupid cause we still learn those words sometime during our life. Okay enough ramblimg from me I have to so some history and geometry homework:p

8. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

I don't have HW over the summer because I graduate. :p :D Hope it goes well and isn't too hard, guys. Don't let it ruin the summer!

I'm kind of annoyed about this travel team...I don't play much because the team is the best of the best so I'm at the bottom on greatness-level and it's as if I'm invisible. I haven't said anything and I understand that that's the way it is, but I'd like to play a little bit at least. Don't the superstars ever get tired? :lol:

9. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

cainesugar, you'll see you'll get there with some effort ;)

Homework during summer holidays? :eek: Did I really understand it correctly? :confused:

I hope all your exams are going OK (and those who are, I'm happy for you!) I just found out today that I am not going to have to do Portuguese test because I have had good marks during the year, which is awesome :D Lucky, I know :p Thank you so much, teacher...That was what I really needed :p

And well, what more, I'm missing this board so much during the last few days, as I am with some problems with Internet and I can't really come as often as I was used to :( Ahh, I miss everything, and all of you. Am I becoming too dependant of TalkCSI? :p

10. AshleyFirst223

^Well we're all pretty dependent upon TalkCSI. Well, I know I am.

My exams today, Gym, Biology, and Reading, were really hard. well except gym. I bombed them :(

My summer homework is going to be hard, I also have to read two books for English and study people for sociology. How fun!

Ughh, cainesugar, that's how it was with badminton, I hated it. But don't worry, you'll get better :)

11. CSIdoglover54

CSIdoglover54 Witness

No summer homework for me as I graduated. I do have an orientation for college tomorrow that I have heard is unbearingly boring and so far I have no evidence to disprove that. *sigh*

I'm kinda scared about college and yet excited all at once. I have heard it doesn't have the drama that high school does. I'm not leaving home (won't leave the dogs and little money)I'll be at our community college for at least two years. Then I might transfer because the choral instructor wanted me to and he is AMAZING so...yeah.

I have absolutely no idea why I typed out my entire plan...sorry about that

12. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

I don't have to take my French or Computer finals(thank God!) so I'm happy about that but I'm bummed that I have to read a book over the summer and I have to go to school cause I'm a nerd so yea I should go to sleep since tomorrow is the last day that I have to take that retarted state test which has no point to it:p

13. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

I'm so happy! I met with a softball coach today, and a few things: he's gorgeous, he's a good coach, and he taught me some stuff about batting. I'll be learning more every week, for the whole summer. This is so freaking awesome. *squees*

Sorry about your finals guys: I had my Vocab final a few weeks ago (we have state tests seperate from the finals that we take in class whenever the teacher assigns it, or not at all if he/she chooses not to) and my final math chapter is coming to close: then we take that chapter test and then the final, no gym finals, but the track meet (the only good sports thing at my school, we don't really have sports because it's a middle school) and I'm signed up for shot put. In sixth grade I beat the record and got first, last year, seventh, I got first, and this year I'm going for the record. I got 28' as my best, the record is 29'! I'm so excited for this year's track meet, my last one at my school. Then History we have mock trial coming up, that's cool, and no History final because our teacher doesn't like giving tests, then we have a science final...the year is winding down but some good and bad stuff is coming up. Can't wait for it all to rush by, then I graduate! June 28th, baby.

14. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

Good luck cainesugar at your track meet! I was in indoor track and I did long distance(800m) but now I'm thinking of doing sprinting

15. CSI_Sidle2399

CSI_Sidle2399 Rookie

I have my world civ final today. It stinks because after that we have to go to our other classes and not home. Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday, and Thursday next week our half days for our exams and the last day of school.