The Just a Little Bit Closer Series/ SANDLE

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by CSIAleh, Jun 7, 2007.

1. CSIAleh

CSIAleh Witness

The first in a series of SANDLE stories I am going to be writing. Enjoy!!

Just a Litlle Bit Closer

Setting: In Greg's kitchen

Greg paced back and forth tactfully as he waited for the garlic sautéed potatoes to be finished cooking. I can't believe I finally brought my self around to this, I hope the food is okay, He thought to himself. Sara was to arrive at his house at 7:00 for dinner and a movie. He hoped in anticipation that she would be on time so he would not have to wait in misery for her. Oh but it was good misery. The small black egg timer began to ring. Greg ran to the kitchen to turn it off. The tantalizing smell reached his nostrils as he pulled the potatoes off the burner and placed them on the simply decorated table. A beautiful charcoal tablecloth, two gold-lined wine glasses, two plates and a dozen red roses in a vase to grace the center of the table. He had prepared for Sara's arrival all day. He hoped that his day off would truly be a day off so that he and Sara could spend some time together. So far, so good. Greg nearly knocked over a chair when the doorbell rang. Running to the door, he stopped briefly right in front of it to smooth out his clothes and make sure they were perfect. He looked in the small mirror by the door and straightened his dark blue tie. He was a wearing a slick black suit with a white button up shirt that nicely complimented his tie. He licked his hand and made sure his hair would stay down. Alright, all good I think. I feel like I'm forgetting something. Oh, well...couldn't be that bad. Can't keep Sara waiting. He opened the door and his face glowed at the sight of his Sara Sidle in a beautiful crimson dress.

Sara: Hi Greg!
    Greg: Sara...I'm so glad you could make it.
    Sara: Oh, why wouldn't I come? I wouldn't miss an opportunity with you for the world.

She paused and stared at the ground only to notice that Greg was wearing green and blue striped socks. Chuckling, she looked up into his confused eyes.

Sara: I like your socks Greg.
    Greg: Wha...??

Greg looked promptly down at his feet and saw his socks. Crap, that's what I forgot!! How could I forget to put on my shoes?? ughh. I can't belive it, I don't know...Sara interrupted his thoughts

Sara: Greg, it's alright.

Sara leaned down and tossed her high heels into the bush by his front door.

Sara: Oh well, looks like I forgot my shoes too. Kind of.

She looked up at him and beamed a smile at him. He still looked very embarrassed but he grinned back happily. The cool winter air swept through the neighborhood and Sara could feel it biting at her legs. She shivered.

Greg: Gosh, Sara. Come in. I'm so sorry.
    Sara: It's alright Greg.
    Greg: I'm sorry.
    Sara: Greg, it's fine. You are so sweet, you know that?? Don't you worry 'bout a thing.

Greg sighed heavily and gently led Sara into his large house.

Sara: You have a beautiful house, Greg.
    Greg: Heh, thanks. I've finally unpacked everything. You know, I have been saving for this house for 5 years. It's so worth it. I love it. It's nice to finally be out of an apartment.
    Sara: Yeah I imagine.
    Greg: Well I made dinner and it's ready. So we can eat now if you want. Or if you want to wait for awhile I can just stick the food in the oven.
    Sara: We can eat now, if that's alright.
    Greg: Whatever you want.

While Greg was leading Sara to the table, she stared up at the tall ceiling. The house really was beautiful. The living room was huge, the kitchen was hug and she couldn't even imagine how huge it was upstairs. Greg turned back and saw Sara stopped in the middle of the living room looking around. He laughed and grabbed her hand.

Greg: We don't have to eat dinner now.

Distracted, Sara turned and met Greg's gorgeous brown eyes with hers. Sorry. Her eyes did the talking for her sometimes even if she didn't mean to. Without a hesitation, Greg read her well and pulled her towards the dining room. She stood amazed at the beautiful table as Greg pulled her chair out for her.

Greg: Ms. Sidle...Care for some fine French wine?
    Sara: Yes, thank you, Mr. Sanders.

Greg disappeared into the kitchen and reappeared with a dish in his hands and a bottle of wine under his arm. He set the dish on the table along with the glass of wine. The chicken was amazing, Sara determined, without even looking at it or tasting it. Greg grabbed the bottle of wine and began to pull at the cork. It was very stubborn of course because Greg always wanted to keep his wine fresh. For some time Greg battled with the bottle of wine when the cork finally, and quite unexpectedly, popped out and hit Greg in the eye. He grunted and rubbed his eye.

Sara: Oh!! Greg, are you alright?
    Greg looked up with a smirk and cocked his head to one side as he began to speak in a French accent.
    Greg: Of Course I am fine. We must continue with dinner for you, my fine young lady.

Sara blushed and Greg poured her some wine. Hunger was overtaking Sara until Greg placed a piece of chicken, some potatoes and a large roll on her plate. He did the same on his plate and sat down at the opposite end of the table. To his dismay, the roses were so tall that he could not see Sara.

Sara: Greg, the flowers are gorgeous.
    Greg: So are you. But I can't see you.

Sara blushed. Greg slid his chair and all his food to one side of the table so he could see Sara. She looked underneath them and saw him smiling.

Greg: That's not going to work.
    Sara: Let's go eat outside.
    Greg: Sorry?
    Sara: You have a backyard right?
    Greg: Oh yeah. You really wanna eat outside??
    Sara: Yeah that would be nice. I love looking at the stars.
    Greg: Alright then I'll go get a blanket.

After about five minutes Greg had completely set up what was on the table inside, outside on the grass. He sat down next to her and they both began to eat.

Sara: WOW...this is amazing.
    Greg: Well, thank you very much. I am glad that you enjoy it.
    Sara: I'm more glad to be here to share it with you.
    Greg: Is that so?
    Sara: Of course.

Greg smiled and pulled the ring partially out of his pocket. He couldn't believe he was going to ask Sara to marry him. Well, he could believe it, he just didn't know how he was going to ask. He practiced it a million times it seemed. After eating an elegant dessert, Sara lay down on the grass, stuffed and satisfied. Greg got up and walked towards a pretty little plant next to his pool and attempted to pull off a flower. It wouldn't budge. He pulled harder. It's still didn't come loose. The last time he pulled ,he tripped over a large rock and fell into the pool. Sara heard the splash and got up to see Greg wading to the side of the pool.

Sara: Greg, what are you doing? You're going to get your nice suit all ruined.
    Greg: I um...thought I'd uh...take a swim??
    Sara: I saw you trying to pull off that flower. You are so sweet? I ever tell you that?
    Greg: Yes...

Mesmerized, Greg forgot to continue wading and he sunk underwater. He popped back up laughing. Sara swung her arms back and leaped into he pool, landing right next Greg.

Greg: Sara, what are you doing? You're going to get your gorgeous dress all ruined.
    Sara: And so if I do?
    Greg: Well, I don't know about you but this water is absolutely freezing cold.
    Sara: Just a little bit...okay a lot a bit.

Greg grabbed her hand and brought it to his mouth. He gently kissed it and grinned at her.

Greg: So Sara, you lllike my my house.
    Sara: I LOVE your house.
    Greg: How would you like to live in it?
    Sara: That would be awesome. It's simply beautiful and I wou...WHAT?!?

Greg wrestled with his pocket and pulled out the ring.

Greg: Sara, will you marry me?

Sara wheezed a little and looked endearingly at the ring. She briefly dreamed of a life with Greg. Then she snapped out of it.

Sara: Greg Sanders, I would LOVE to marry you.

She shivered and hugged him tightly. Greg held her as if her were never going to let her go. Tears fell from Sara's eyes into the pool. They sounded like hammers on wood. They embraced for quite sometime until Sara sniffled and broke the silence.

Sara: Greg it's really cold in here.
    Greg: Oh. Right!!

He picked her up in his arms and carried her into the house. He pulled up a chair for her as he fished for a clean towel in his laundry basket. Pulling out a t-shirt and some shorts he walked over to Sara and handed her the clothes and the towel.

Greg: I'm am going to go upstairs and change and you can put those on.
    Sara: Okay...I love you , Greg.
    Greg: I love you too Sara
    Sara: I love you more.
    Greg: On no no no no, we're not going to play this game.

They both laughed and Greg went upstairs and changed into blue jeans and a black button up shirt. He grabbed two pairs of socks out of his drawers and rushed downstairs to see again his new fiancée. She stood i the middle of the living room in the red t-shirt and tan cargo shorts he gave her. She was swimming in them but he thought she looked gorgeous anytime. He threw her the socks and tackled her into the couch.

Sara: Will you take me home?
    Greg: No. Of course not. Your fiancée will not take you home because he doesn't feel like it...of course I'll take you home! You are so...so...so so sometimes.
    Sara: What exactly is so so?
    Greg: I don't know. It's a good thing whatever it is.
    Sara: Can we get married tomorrow?
    Greg: Sara, we don't have anything prepared.

Sara sighed and looked back up in to his eyes.

Sara: You're right. How about on Friday.
    Greg: Well, I suppose 4 days is a little better. We're just gonna be real busy tomorrow.
    Sara: That's alright. We can handle it.
    Greg: Let's get you home before 12 so we both have plenty of rest.
    Sara: That sounds good. Greg...
    Greg: Hmm.
    Sara: I love you.

The phone rang. Greg reluctantly got up to answer it. It was Gil.

Gil: Greg I need you to come into the lab right now.
    Greg: What? On my day off...alright. Be there ASAP.

TO BE CONTINUED

2. catey1234

catey1234 Pathologist

Aww, cute fic! I really liked it. Nice job! Can't wait for an update.

3. sarahSidle1981

sarahSidle1981 Lab Technician

Love it keep going, I want to know what happen next.

4. Chris_miami

Chris_miami Hit and Run

Poor Greg has to work again! That was adorable, and I'm so glad that Sara and Greg are getting married, they much such a cute couple. I love your style too, switching between script and story means less time figuring out who said what. Very good, please continue!

5. CSIAleh

CSIAleh Witness

Thanks y'all...I'll be posting part two within a couple hours or tomorrow!!

6. greg_sara_love

greg_sara_love CSI Level One

What happen next?? what happen next?? what happen next??? hehe i love your fanfic...so romantic.. :D :D what happen next?? :lol:

7. CSIAleh

CSIAleh Witness

PART TWO

Greg had no choice but to take Sara to the lab with him. Grissom said he needed him now. It must be important. Like really important. Like the kind of important that if it's not actually important somebody's gonna be a crying and it won't be me. Greg pulled into the underground parking lot and turned off the car.

Greg: Sara, I'm really sorry I had to bring you here with me.
    Sara: it's alright,Greg. We both will have to do it sometime. You just owe me BIG because I am wearing YOUR clothes. Which by the way, I look like a gangster in.

He kissed Sara's hand and got outof the car. Swinging around the car, he opened the door for her. Her smile got to him. It just made him shiver. It was one of those things...the only thing that could make him smile like her smile did.
    They walked close toegether all the way to the lab enjoying thier peaceful moments before they entered a world of chaos: that is, thier job. As soon as Greg coulld get his forensic vest and all his supples Gil was talking his ear off about things he needed Greg to do on the case.

Greg: ALright, Gil. I'll get on that scence as soon as I can.
    Gil: Uh, Greg, Nick and Warrick have the scence covered. I need you in the lab.
    Greg: Gil, I just wanna help.
    Gil: YOu will be helping: in the lab.

Greg sighed and put his vest vest backin his locker in exchange for his white lab coat. Ladies and gentleman, here comes your favorite labrat. Meanwhile, Sara was perusing the lab trying to get to Greg's lab unoticed. But to no avail, Gil caught her on the way back to his office. He grabbed her shoulder
    and turned her back.

Gil: What are you doing here? I thought you had an off day.
    Sara: Well, I do.
    Gil: And, you're here why? Because you certainly aren't spoting a professional look of any kind.
    Sara: Long story, Gil.
    Gil: Well why don't you hop on doing some fingerprint work while you're here. Put yourself to good use. We just got a homocide case invovling a man who we think might be a serial killer based on the evidence we found.
    Happy shift.

Sara growled under her breath as Gil walked away. The least he could've done was said hi. She conitnued on her path to Greg's lab to assit him with some evidence tagging only not trying to avoid anyone anymore. Since she had indeed been found out.
    Entering his lab, she could see Greg pouring over his work desperaltly. She walked up behind him and kissed him on the top of his head as she mumbled a "Hi."

Greg: Hey,Sara. How are you?
    Sara: Can you look up from your work from a second, Greg?

She had sensed that he was more than busy and tired. Distress radiated from his every part. Greg reluctantly looked up from his work. Immediatly Sara saw the typical redness in his eyes that comes with a person that has cried recently.
    Sara: Greg, what's wrong?

He didn't answer and instead he began tagging more evidence.

Sara: Greg...Hey handsome...look at me. What's the matter?
    Greg: THe man that was murdered: he was my best friend in college. Freddie Colinger.
    Sara: Aw, Greg, I am so sorry. I'm gonna tel Grissom he better get you off this case right now. We have plently of other capable lab techs that can handle this. None as good as you. But capable.
    This is ridicu...
    Greg: I gotta do this one.

She knew by the tone in his voice that he was very determined and very serious.

Sara: Well I'm going to stay here and help.
    Greg: That would be nice.

--------------------5 hours later 12:36 AM Tuesday April 24th

Greg was nearly running to Gil's office when he discovered sufficient evidence to prove who the killer was. Sara followed tirelessly behind him trying to keep up.
    He burst into Gil's office holding the evidence report. After slapping it on Gil's desk, Greg stood with his arms crossed. A starled Grissom dropped the book that he was apparently using to hide himself and take a little nap.

Greg: The killer: Jason Eatoun. 36 years old. I found evidence all over Freddie, fingerprints, fibers, blood.
    Gil: Greg...

Greg continued on with his evidence finidngs as Gil tried to stop him several times.

Gil: Greg...
    Greg: What, Grissom?
    Gil: Do you know an Andrew Hojem?
    Greg: Oh yeah

Greg's faced seemed almost excited at the naming of this Andrew Hojem. Sara was glad to see him almost looking happy for the first time in many hours.

Greg: Yeah, Yeah! He's my uncle! Uncle Hojem, man I love that guy. My favorite of Dad's brothers. He is just the best, Griss. I should bring him to work sometime. He's a retired LA cop! You would love him! He is a total crack up...I just...

Gil interrupted again but more tenderly than before.

Gil: Greg. We just got word Andrew Hojem was murdered about a half an hour ago. Around the same place as our first vicitm.

Greg stood speachless. Sara could not even fathom Greg's pain. She wanted to understand but Greg just stood there motionless and shocked, until he began to laugh sarcastically.

Greg: YOu called me here ON my day off and now you are messing with me, Gil. Now is NOT the time.

He had raised his voice and it startled Sara and Gil to here him nearly yell. Greg, however happy and outgoing he was, did not hardly ever yell. Even when he was mad.

Gil: I am not messing with you Greg. I am being completley serious.
    Greg: WELL HERE'S YOUR EVIDENCE REPORT, WITH THE NAME OF THE KILLER, AND THE LAST PLACE HE WAS. He's a mess. And he leaves a lot of good evidence behind. My job is done. Now if you will excuse me I am leaving the lab now.

Before Gil could say anything, Greg was out fo the office and into the locker room. He slammed his locker door shut and fell back into it, weeping. Sara fell down next to him and hugged him tightly.

Sara: Let me take you back to your house.
    Greg: Yeah right, in my car??
    Sara: You don't have to pretend your not sad, Greg. I will be here for you no matter what.

They arrived at Greg's home after a fifteen minute drive of complete silence. Greg flopped down on the couch and Sara beside him, imitating the exact motion of her love. He smiled slightly and looked down at his feet.

Greg: Don't we have a wedding to plan for?
    Sara: Don't worry about the wedding, Greg.
    Greg: I need to get my mind on something else. Like us...
    Sara: You are my hero, Greg. We both need to get some sleep.
    Greg: Alright, you can sleep in the guest room. I love you.
    Sara: I love you too.

Sara slept well and Greg slept well enough. Greg tried to focus his mind on what he had to do taht day. It was hard. But he knew Sara would be there to help him through it. The much needed rest would go for some major planning.

TO BE CONTINUED.

8. luvincsi

luvincsi Pathologist

Im loving this, Princess Aleh.The first one is sweet as sugar and the 2nd one is... sad. :( You really are one heck of a writer. :) Keep them coming!! :D

9. SandleDL

SandleDL CSI Level One

Oh Alexis, that's so good! I loved the dinner part, and Greg in a suit, and how they end up in the pool! Gosh, poor Greggo, he was just catapulted from pure happiness to sadness. Hope that everything will be fine. The story's both cute and exciting, love it! Keep going on!

10. sarahSidle1981

Post the next section soon, I really want to know what happen next. Poor Greg first his fiend from college is killed, then his Uncle. At lest Sara is there for him.

11. CSIAleh

CSIAleh Witness

PART THREE
    (It's a little shorter this time =))

Sara was exhausted. She had already woken up but quickly decided to go back to sleep. Pulling the soft cotton sheets and warm wool blanket??
    He is sooo sweet. He must have came in after I was asleep to give me this.
    After finishing her thought about her love, she went back to sleep.

----------

Meanwhile, Greg had sat up in his bed upstairs in the master bedroom. He always felt so relieved just to walk into the master bedroom. The warm tones of the light brown and tan walls always put his mind at ease. He was always one for a good paint job. He rubbed all the crusties from his eyes; most likely from all the tears. Exhaustion racked Greg's body as well, but he figure he might as well get up, for there was so much to do. Slowly he moved out of his cozy bed and into the bathroom. I bet a shower would wake me up nice and good.
    He stood and stared at the mirror for several minutes. It reflected back a sad and tired man. He tried very hard to change his face to a more pleasant and happy look because he didn't want Sara to see him sad. He hopped in the shower. The hot water soothed his aching body. He grabbed the air for the shampoo in disarray.
    That's where it usually is.Hmm.
    He looked back and saw that there wasn't any shampoo and realized he had used up almost half a bottle trying to get squeaky clean for yesterday's visit from Sara. He loved her so much. As he stood there, Greg closed his eyes and thought about his dear Sara and all they had been through together. She had been there for him through so much. Cold water began to come from the shower and broke Greg's daydream
    Right, shampoo. Gosh, that's cold
    He turned off the shower and climbed out, wrapping a large towel around himself.
    I hope Sara's still asleep. Greg thought to himself as he snuck downstairs.
    His hopes were raised when he passed by the nearly empty guest room with a sleeping Sara on its bed. He ran into the laundry room, grabbed a new bottle of shampoo and set in on the dryer. The laundry had spilled all over the floor but that just made it easier for Greg to get what he needed. He jumped behind the luandry room door when he saw Sara turn the corner, rubbing her eyes.

Sara: Greg?
    Greg: Yeah?
    Sara: Are you awake?
    Greg: No I sleep walk.
    Sara: Oh...

Sara quickly realized that what she had just asked Greg was completely ridiculous. Laughing, she walked to the laundry where she heard Greg's voice come from.

Sara: Greg?
    Greg: Sara?

Sara finally lifted her head and saw Greg hiding behind the door and peaking his head out.

Sara: Greg.
    Greg: Sara. Hehe. Good morning my dearest most beautiful sunshine in the whole wide world. How did you sleep?
    Sara: Good, good. The guest bedroom is very nice. How did you even afford this house?
    Greg: Well actually, along with my savings, Uncle Andrew gave me 10,000 dollars towards my house.
    Sara: WOW! Where did he get all that money?
    Greg: He co-directed several blockbuster movies back in the 70s and made a huge stack of money. He was always good saver. I would go over to his house twice a week when my mom went to work. He would always sit me down and say, "Now son, if you want to be good with money save it."

After Greg stopped talking they both stared at each other for a moment or two. While Greg reminisced about his uncle, he smiled. Unconsciously he grabbed the shampoo off the dryer.

Sara: What are you doing, Greg?
    Greg: I...uh...I' m just getting some shampoo
    Sara: Why?
    Greg: Cause, I'm taking a shower.
    Sara: Right now?
    Greg: Yes.
    Sara: In the laundry room?
    Greg: Maybe you need to go back to sleep for awhile, Sara. I'll make you some coffee when I get down.

Sara sauntered back into the guest bedroom and plopped herself on the bed. A fast as he possibly could, Greg rushed upstairs, washed his hair and finished taking his shower. He slid on the brown Vans shirt over his head and put on the blue Levi's that he got out of the laundry basket. While he was galloping down the stairs he smelled the smell that stops all human beings in their tracks: bacon.
    Aww, Sara beat me to it. So much for a surprise. I am so bad at this.
    He walked into the kitchen and saw Sara dutifully making bacon, eggs, hash browns, whilst drinking a cup of coffee. Instantly upon entering the kitchen, through all the delightful scents in the air, he could smell his favorite coffee. Blue Hawaiian.

Greg: I see you found my coffee, and my bacon and well, it seems like you found everything.
    Sara: I just thought tou would be hungry for breakfast and such...
    Greg: The suspect has just confessed her crime.
    Sara: I did not.
    Greg: So I could dust this place down and not find any of your prints?

Sara looked innocently around and shot Greg and playful look.

Sara: You caught me.
    Greg: Guess now we have to arrest you.

Greg smiled from ear to ear and walked over to Sara.

Greg: YOu are very sweet, Sara. I was hoping you stay asleep though.
    Sara: Why? Trying to prank me?
    Greg: So I could make you breakfast.
    Sara: Looks like I beat ya to it.

Sara smirked and sighed heavily as Greg grabbed her hand and swung her into his arms. His warm embrace sent shivers through her body no matter how many times he hugged her. But she could feel that deep inside he was still hurting.

Sara: Greg ,are you okay?
    Greg: I'm okay. It will just take awhile. But don't you worry. I'm not gonna get all depressed on you. It will just...take a little time. I will never stop loving you. I promise.
    Sara: I am so proud of you, Greg. Let's eat breakfast now ok?
    Greg: Okay.

12. melbel

melbel Pathologist

sweet

13. sarahSidle1981

Can't wait to see what happens next. Write more soon.

14. greg_sara_love

greg_sara_love CSI Level One

AARGH!! its getting better and better.... :D :D PLZ continue.. :D

15. luvincsi

luvincsi Pathologist

Pls. continue.. :) ;)