The British and Irish Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Lvodkadiet

Lvodkadiet Rookie

Hi y'all, not been in for a while so thought I would drop by *waves*

I watched BB last night and am not sure about the all girls together idea, although they have probably done it hoping for some bitchiness and fighting. The twins were a bit OTT and the crowd didnt like the "IT" girl Charlie did they! I always watch the first night and second night then leave it until the first eviction, although I may watch friday to see the bloke go in - will he be scared or what! :lol:. I usually then try and leave it a couple of weeks.

Half term at the moment and god is it hard trying to entertain your kids when its pouring down with rain. They have mates over today so have left me alone for a while! :)

2. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

I never bothered with BB last night, its just a bloody re run of the losers going in the house but the cameras on the inside :rolleyes:

I watched Katie & Peter: The Next Chapter on ITV2 last night :lol: does anyone watch that? I bloody love it, I never miss it. I don't like Peter Andre one bit but I love watchin that show, he is just not on this planet :lol:

I'll miss BB again tonight as I'm out in pub watching England v Brazil and I'm at a surprise 21st on Sat so I'll miss BB and CSINY

But guys.........ITS SUMMER its Juuuuuune!!! Gorgeous Sunshine for first time in weeks in my neck of the woods :D

3. britfan

britfan Pathologist

I cannot believe I have not found this thread before??

I am another one of Billy's Britsh Babes from the Billy/Grissom thread. Howdy all!

So is this a general chitty chitty UK/Irish thread? How does it work, before I get modslaped from here to kingdom come? :lol:

4. LemonJelly06

LemonJelly06 Lab Technician

The twins do my head in big style, but yeah I like the Welsh one she seems pretty cool. What's the name of the one with pink hair? She reminds me of a female version of Pete last year.

5. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Well I think the modslapping is in relation to there not being enough content to posts, as all posts should try not to be spammy. That said I'm not sure that the mods have ever actually slapped anyone, they may have wanted to, but they are way too professional for that! :lol:

This is a thread to celebrate and talk about our fabulous British/Irishness! So I guess any good content about British/Irish issues and the like is great as well as input from anyone who might want to talk about British/Irish stuff regardless of nationality of course. We are fully inclusive. :) Welcome to the thread, I can't believe you haven't seen it before... :eek:

Ah Big Brother, where would we be if we didn't have that to talk about during the summer? I saw about 3 minutes of it on Wednesday but had to turn it off because it was too awful. I'll probably tune in again in a couple of weeks when it has calmed down a bit. Personally I'm not convinced by the all female or female majority house, surely just designed to be bitchy and annoying. Most of the fun and things that get discussed every year are to do with relationships though, so they need some men in there pronto! There is only so much annoying female crying and bitching sessions I can put up with.

At work we have like a Big Brother sweepstake. For celebrity Big Brother I got Jade (not a good start obviously) and this time I have got Amanda, who is one of the twins I think? So that's not great either. :lol:

I have also decided that they should stop putting in 18 year olds, they are perhaps too young to realise quite how much damage this could do to their lives. Honestly, why anyone would want to go in there is beyond me. :lol: Maybe I'm just getting old. Big Brother makes me all nostalgic though, I used to love watching it when I was at university and really did spend a good couple of weeks one year just watching it on E4 during the night. My friend, who stayed at my uni house with me over the summer, and I would just watch it for hours on end. But that was like 6 years ago or something, I can't believe the show has lasted this long and that we aren't all bored of it yet. :p

On to other British things, does anyone know when Wimbledon starts? It's the only time of the year when I watch tennis.

6. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

:lol: Me too. Although probably not for the reasons that everyone else does. :lol: :rolleyes: It starts on 25th June btw. :)
    I can't believe it's June already, 21 days and it'll be the longest day of the year, incredible. :eek:
    Tracey I think, right? Or was that the old bat? :rolleyes: She reminds me of Pete too lol.

7. LemonJelly06

Yeah she is like Pete, but that might be an act, cause it worked for Pete last year (although it wasnt an act with him) I dunno, i'm rambling. I didn't watch it last night, has a guy been put in there? I heard rumours that they were gonna.

8. britfan

britfan Pathologist

Thanks, Elsie. Good to know the rules before I jump all over them! Thanks.

I think I may have to stay away for a while - Big Brother and Wimbledon - I'd rather have my head in a bucket of pee thank you very much! :lol:

9. LemonJelly06

I'm annoyed cause 'big brother's little brother' has replaced when Scrubs is meant to be on at 6:00 on E4.. so that's not made me too happy. I love my daily dose of scrubs.

10. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

Now hold on a second. We could always discuss the weather? :rolleyes:

It looks as if I'm not going to be watching BB this year, I can't be bothered. It's an hour a day, minimum. Humph. Probably will though lol, it's so addictive. :lol:

11. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

I love the month of June, not because *cough* its errr my name :lol: but my birthdays is in June and all the nice summerties commence, like Wimbledon and what not. So far we
    've had lovely sunshine every day in June and the coming week looks promising aswell :D

When I was younger I used to watch every single tennis tournament, but now I just stick to the Wimbledon fortnight.

I'll be watching Big Brother as its something to get into during the summer but it is definately past its best. It was much better when it was still new, but they try too hard to make it controversial and I think it becomes a little too much. Nevertheless I'll still be sucked in :lol: I mainly watch BBLB though, my love for Dermot O'Leary knows no boundries, he is just lov-er-ley :D

12. everclaire

everclaire Rookie

really? i know a fair few people in wigan, in fact i went to visit in november!

13. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

Really? Whereabouts? I'm very sorry you had to visit, I hope it didn't ruin your week too much :lol: nah, its not that bad, I've stuck it out for 22 years :p

14. everclaire

everclaire Rookie

now i don't know whereabouts, can't remember, it was all a bit wigany lol, I was staying with Simon and Adam Barton, went down with Matthew Pegg and Kate Andrews, it's a long bus journey from Dundee!!

15. Callacrap

Callacrap Rookie

I live in Manchestoh! :D