Movies that Traumatized You!

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by quoth_the_raven, Jun 15, 2006.

1. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

You got that right. Damn Tim Curry for his scary nature.

Just off topic for 2 seconds, They filmed Baily's Billions where I live in Canada and I actually met him and Jennifer Tilly. She was snobby, but he was Hilarious. Though he got a little peed off when you mentioned RHPS. :D

Anyway's another one that freaked me out was The Stuff. It was like this marshmallow yogurt goo, people ate it and it turned them into Zombies. It was freakenly funny :D :D :D

Another one that traumatized was Carrie,

And "BUG", the cockroaches that went into people's ears and stuff and set them on fire.

2. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

There's a couple movies that traumatized me:

It: Still the reason I'm terrified of clowns.
    Childs Play: Right after that movie came out, my dad bought me a doll that looked the same way, needless to say I wasn't very happy.
    Wizard of Oz: I was terrified of the witch and those little monkey creatures.

And the most traumatizing movie ever = Edward Scissorhands. I was terrified of Johnny Depp in this film and it's so weird, because he's one of my favorite actors now, but when I was younger Edward Scissorhands scared the crap out of me.

3. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Yeah Poltergeist did it for me too when I was little but now I find that movie pretty funny but they have good effects for that time. If they redid that movie today and I saw it then I would probably nail the closet door shut and board it up and place a dresser in front of it and sell the house. Yeah no traumazation here.

Another was Gremlins, but I really do love those shows now espically the second one which is hilarious.

4. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

The odd thing with me is that there aren't any movie that have scared me, infact I love scary movies. I'm the one who can sometime be found laughing through scary movies, as weir as that may sound to everyone.

5. Horatios_Shades

Horatios_Shades Prime Suspect

I like watching scary films, they don't really traumatize me too much, but i have to say The Ring gave me the heebie jeebies!

When I was younger, my friend and I had a nightmare on elm street fest (in the afternoon, how tough were we?!?! ) and the only thing that really gets me in that is the kids singing the rhyme - y'know the one: starts with 1,2 freddie's coming for you - to this day that sends a shiver down my spine...dunno what it is but little kids singing ryhmes like that..eek!!! :eek: Same happened in the hush episode of Buffy when they have the kids singing a rhyme in that....don't know why, but that freaks me out. Weird!

6. everclaire

everclaire Rookie

Oh Jesus that episode was horrible! I was terrified!

I watched the Exorcist when I was 12 and it really did scare me. I mean properly. But I watched it again when I was 17 and I laughed, so I don't know why I was so scared the first time, I think it was more the ideas behind the film.

When I was three my dad made me watch Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom for which I have never quite forgiven him, and 17 years on that movie still scares me a bit - the drinking blood out of skulls, lowering people into a fiery pit... I remember hiding under a blanket and my mum shouting at my dad when she came home to see him letting me watch it and how traumatised I was!

IT scared me when I first watched it, again when I was about 12, but I read the book in the same year and let me tell you, that was a lot worse. And I could never be scared by that movie again after seeing Rocky Horror and finding Tim Curry strangely sexy in suspenders ;)

7. ametista

ametista Prime Suspect

Stephen King’s Kujo (Cujo?) was the one that traumatized me. I’m still suffering from severe dog phobia.

Kill Bill - I was totally grossed out by that one.

8. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Oh my god the ending of that film freaked me out when I first saw it. It traumatized me seeing that gremlin dying in the fountain. :eek:

9. luvincsi

luvincsi Pathologist

Man, that movie really freaked me out for weeks. I felt like Kayako is keeping an eye on me or something. And the Japanese one was the worst. And now, Im still kind of scared but not as much. :)

And I think Final Destination. Because of it, I am now afraid to fly. I am even scared to stay in the airport. :( Too much for travelling. :(

Oh yes! I have a tv in my room. Everytime its time for bed, I just cry and call out my mom. I just cry and cry until I fall asleep. But that was a long time ago. Now, me and Samara are best buds. Kidding! :lol: Im not afraid of her anymore. From what I saw in Scary Movie. I could just kick her butt. :lol:

10. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

Bambi and Dumbo traumatized me no end as a child, and I've carried that through into Adulthood.

I don't watch scary movies as a rule becuase I know I'd be terrified :lol: the only ones that have affected me are the Final Destination trilogy. For some stupid reason I went to the pictures to watch each one as it came out and I felt physcially sick watching all 3, I missed half of them because I was under my coat :rolleyes:

11. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

The Exorcist!! i was forced to watch it as a little kid and it scared the hell, and even now in my teens i still am scare of that movie.

12. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

me too!!! i was so scared when bambi and her? mother were surrounded by that wildfire! i think i only saw the movie up to that part and then never watched it again, till today and it's been over 15 years now! :lol:

13. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

BrokeBack Mountain...Traumatized me completely. Heath and Jake...nuff said.

As for scary movies the one that still makes my skin crawl is Halloween. Micheal Myers is one bad ass dude. I love all of the Halloween movies but I'm chewing my nails all the way through them. ONce I went into this haunted house with some friends and got seperated from them. I came around a corner and there was Micheal Myers....I literally screamed louder then I've ever screamed in my life and ran passed him so fast. If the dude would have moved I would have died of a heart attack.

14. chocolate_bunnys

chocolate_bunnys Police Officer

I was 11 when I saw that, had to sleep w/ my lights on :lol:
    Oneo fmy friends had a lamp shade made of strings, looked exactly like the girls hair.She screamed her head off:lol:

15. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

Jaws and Phantasim.

It took me years to step foot into the ocean. And Phantasim just gives me the hibby-jibbies.