Jorja/Sara Tough As Nails Thread 4.

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Roosey, Sep 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lucyj0720

lucyj0720 Hit and Run

I have been in a battle the last few days with someone in the new season thread about Jorja's place in CSI and whether a) CSI will be affected by Jorja leaving b) The cast would and c) Whether the cast would fight for here.

Obviously my answer to all three is yes, but some don't seem to realise that having the wife of the President of the SAG as a friend and cast mate and union activist would male firing Jorja very, very hard. In 2004 Marg was part of the ten day no show which got Jorja and George back, Marg is unsackable so if something had got nasty with Jorja's contract we would know about it. And CBS would suffer.

I have also found an interview Jorja where she said she didn't get that pay rise in 2004 because she refused, to make sure George also came back.

Oh and I have seen an articule in the National Enquirer today, I didn't buy it and never will but I looked to see if the Jorja Fox rumours had reached their pages. And it had,it said that CBS were sick of Jorja's pay demands.
    Firstly she has only asked for one pay-rise before and she turned it down, in support of George returning to work. She has said she doesn't care about the money. (And George owes her for that support, so does the cast. And he is quoted supporting Jorja is there once more.) So she is not out of line asking for a pay rise if she has never had one for CSI and that would rile up the cast in support, if it was true. The demanding bit is the smoking gun, because that is not something Jorja Fox would do, certainly not for double money as is claimed in the article
    The second bit that told me it is all lies it that it claimed that Sara was to get run over and die in Grissom's arms. Oh please, that is not something CSI would do, would Billy allow that to happen, especially when they had the MK storyline to finish, which was clearly well planned at the end. It is a rumour spread by people that don't know anything about CSI and most likely want to discredit Jorja because of her open political views. Maybe a famously Conservative rival network has been muck spreading. It wouldn't be the first or last time that has happened.

Oh and I read that William Petersen has become a Veggie since working with Jorja amd clearly has discovered Boxer Terriers since too.

I found this from Jorja about money and being fired in 2004

http://wiki.jorjafox.net/wiki/Northwest_Herald_%2804_August_2004%29

2. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

Hey you guys, I wonder why I never brought it up but I make a lot of music videos. Usually just the standard thing. Sara/Cath or Sara centric. But I created one "Tribute to Jorja Fox" video.
    I plan on making a new one soon. One that is better.

But if you wanna see that Tribute video (which includes scenes from CSI, several movies, ER, Ellen, talkshows and premiers) just pm me and I'll give you the link

3. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

Wow, if I told my family that SARASIDLEGIRL, I would never hear the end of it. When we went to Utah for Memorial Day weekend we ate a lot of fast food, all I had to eat that entire weekend was french fries because I refused to eat hamburgers. Do you have to cook tofu? because I would have to tell my family that I am a vegetarian if it needed to be cooked, so I guess I will just try the salad suggestion for a while and take it from there.

4. UrielFalcon

UrielFalcon Prime Suspect

Jorja/Sara: Still Survivin' Thread 5.

Although 'Lifting a car off herself' rocks my socks. ^_^

5. sidlewannabee

I like both new names for the threads, it doesn't matter what the next thread is named, (unless it is unappropriate) because I will write in the thread no matter what. :cool:

6. veggie

veggie Lab Technician

i just went on peta's website to vote for Jorja in sexiest vegetarian 2007!!! i hope she wins!!!

7. sidlewannabee

I hope Jorja Fox wins too. (I say everyone votes for Jorja like 100 times.)
    Yea, I am a prime suspect

8. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I have pm'd for the names just waiting on them, and will look through them, pick someone to do the next thread and there maybe some word play with the name of the thread, which again no one will know until lol its presented. Thanks for the recommendations.

9. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

Oh grr Destiny you caught us with that darned PG-13 rule again :lol: :devil: I do love "Lifting the Car Off Herself" though. And "Still Survivin'"-- she is Wonder Woman :D

I think it's time Jorja won PETA's Sexiest Vegetarian contest :p She always goes to the PETA events, so that shows dedication, she's been a vegetarian for 19 years (it still blows my mind :lol:) and on top of that, let's just admit it, she's hot :p It's time they said so!

10. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

Before I send off the list to Destiny, I just want to say something before we begin a new thread. I know I'm not a mod, nor am I anyone to be praised upon, and you don't have to listen if you aren't willing.. But..

As of right now. We all know the same thing about Jorja Fox's contract with the show. We know Sara is under a car, and we know there is a possibility of her NOT returning. As well, I know all of us Jorja fans want her back, and likely will support her if she doesn't.

Except, there is way to much repeating going on this thread (And somewhat in the pic thread)

We need to keep our conversations "clean" so to speak. I think it's a wonderful thing we got going on here in terms of vegetarians, and the PETA sexiest veggie star.. But (hopefully a majority will agree with me here) we don't need to discuss so much about her contract.

And further more, we don't need links and such about her past negotiations, and troubles. If a member needs it, sure request it. But right now- we don't have a clue what's going on with CBS, Jorja, or any of the other stars.

I can assure you that when we know something plausible about her current situation a member will post something- then it will be more okay with discussing it. But right now we don't. There is also a discussion going on saying "Save Sara Sidle" or something to that effect to which you can post your concern for her, and her contract. Here, this is a discussion on Jorja Fox/Sara Sidle and I think we should continue talking about her in terms of what we have going on.

As I recall, William did not become a vegetarian since working with Jorja. He had health problems, his wife is a vegetarian, and it somewhat "inspired" him to become one as well. Who knows, if you want more information on that, the WP thread is the way to go.

Anyway, I'm off to send the list now.

ETA: In the fall preview for CSI up on CBS HERE they have Jorja listed in the credits, and also moved up one spot ahead of Gary Dourdan. This could or could not mean anything- but there's a spark of hope for you all! :D

11. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

I am with gsrLOVE on the whole story she wrote.

CBS does credit her. I am not gonna speculate on what that means.. don't wanna jump into another contract discussion.

I was talking to a friend the other day (about Jorja.. duh!) and she suddenly went like "you know, you two have stuff in common. If you ever meet, it would be an interesting conversation"
    Come to realise it... Veggie, human and animal rights, PETA, music (I play too but not the guitar), same style of cloathing..

Funny to realise :cool:

12. goukanomegami

goukanomegami Victim

Tofu does not need to be cooked, however I don't suggest eating raw tofu for beginners. It is an EXTREMELY acquired taste to be able to eat raw tofu right from the package. Usually people learn to like tofu by cooking it with flavorful sauces (make sure to read the sauce ingredients before you buy!), as tofu absorbs the flavor of whatever it is cooked with. There is a company, Pete's Tofu To Go, that packages pre-cooked tofu with dipping sauce. It needs to be refrigerated, but you can find it at kroger and trader joes. You can also talk to your local grocer and see if they could special order it for you. There are plenty of veg options on the road. Also, next time you need to stop for fast food, burger king has a veggie burger on their menu. Unfortunately it is no longer vegan, but it for sure is vegetarian. I should also mention that McDonalds fries and hash browns are cooked with beef extract, so they are NOT vegetarian. Vegetarians need to keep in mind that just because you can't see the meat, doesn't mean that it isn't there. There was a class action lawsuit against them a few years ago because they claimed that their fries were vegetarian. However, I do believe that mcdonalds in california and canada have veggie burgers as well. I had a veggie burger there when I visited anaheim in 2004. No idea if they are still on the menu or not. Also, Taco Bell is great for vegetarians. The refried beans there are made without lard, so you can always substitute beans for beef. Taco bell is better for lacto-ovo vegetarians rather than vegans. I remember loving the cheese quesadilla and nachos before I went vegan. haha. Being a vegetarian is very easy once you get used to it. By law, all foods must have ingredient lists available, and always ask questions at restaurants. Also, make sure to ask about soup stock when ordering soups. Sometimes, even a vegetable soup will be made with beef broth. You can order a book called "Animal Ingredients from A to Z" from your local book store. I strongly suggest that any vegetarian or vegan invest in this book. It not only lists most of the animal by-products, but it also explains what it is and where it comes from. Instead of PETAs wallet sized list. Peta's list will just say carmine. The book will tell you that it comes from crushed cochneal insects, and that it is a common ingredient in candy and cosmetics, and also list alternatives. Also check out peta's accidentally vegan page. It is a great way to find vegan items in a regular store rather than a health food store. Cereal is great on the road, especially because soymilk doesn't have to be refrigerated before it is opened. You can buy the juicebox sized soymilk, and not worry about having to waste.

So I guess thats everything anyone ever wanted to know about vegetarianism, no?

13. cocoa_girl18

cocoa_girl18 Pathologist

gsrlove thanks for the link it gave me hope that she'll be back for the next season.

14. csi_love

csi_love Police Officer

I guess all we can do now is hope :)

15. cocoa_girl18

cocoa_girl18 Pathologist

yeah i guess so to... and will have to see for the next season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.