Grissom&Sara #10 - Meet Me in the Gutter & bring the Tape!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by forensicsgirl, Oct 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

Re: Grissom&Sara #10 - Meet Me in the Gutter & bring the Tap

now beautifulview, no violence in the gutter. After all, it's not Sofia's fault - wouldn't we all throw ourselves at Grissom given half the chance? :)

I forgot to mention earlier, Athena I love your latest two comics - bloody brilliant girl!!!

Here's Grissom and Sara's latest attempt to join us in the gutter :D...

[​IMG]

2. grisslybear

grisslybear CSI Level Two

But, but...greglover, you are forgetting that Grissom was obviously not talking about Sara in his speech in Butterflied, JF is against GSR completely, although she just happened to say "there is definitely possibility that something might happen between them", Sara doesn't love Grissom but sees him as a father figure, actually she just loves his entomology knowledge anyway and nothing else, and I have a gazillion more "logical and coherent" reasons why GSR is nonexistant in the show, has never been, and is totally our own imagination but I would need to mention other ship names and I don't want to do that. :D :rolleyes:

EDIT: OK, let's talk about more lighthearted stuff. Forensicsgirl, just saw the pic. :lol: You should continue. What happens when they get down here? EDIT AGAIN: Here's what happens:

Sara: Whoa...Don't shoot. We come bearing cookies...

[​IMG]

3. FrogBag

FrogBag Hit and Run

the Sofia date thing:

My personal proof that that wasn't a romantic date came from Butterflied. Gil said he couldn't risk the job for romance. I don't think he's changed his position on that.

So if he couldn't do it for Sara, a woman he's known a long while, and has had sexual/romantic attraction to (quite obviouly) for the past 5 years, what makes the Gofias think Sofia can just waltz in and change his entire position on relationships?

it's bogus. he was just stopping her from leaving.

4. Athena

Athena CSI Level One

So true. Love that bug man :D

THanKs! You girls from the penthouse sure have me hooked on those caption comics! I love yours too. So funny.... now I'm hungry though... and grisslybear your part 2 is great!

5. CSIgal

CSIgal Captain

Athena The Grissom comic you posted earlier was sooo funny! LMAO I don't think that needed a caption to explain itself :lol:

Got something for you guys...it was in the News Bullets that were posted earlier this morning. Don't know if anybody has read it or not:

TV Guide's Ask Ausiello column recently featured an explanation from CSI showrunner Carol Mendelsohn as to why a rumored Sara-Grissom motel scene wasn't included in "Gum Drops," as originally planned.. "[William Petersen] had a death in the family and the script was rewritten to accommodate his absence," Mendelsohn said. "The scene itself was episode-specific, since the case being investigated took place several hours outside of Vegas, which placed Grissom and Sara in a hotel overnight. But stay tuned to see if the story line reemerges in a future episode!"

Still gives us hope!! I was really really excited to see Gum Drops so when I saw that it was mostly Nick centered that really kinda bummed me out. I was really looking forward to the hotel scene. But don't get me wrong...I think George Eads did a great job with the episode...turned out it is on my favorite episodes list but I was really wanting to see that hotel scene :(

6. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

[​IMG]

What do you think, gang? Should we let them join? :D

7. Athena

Athena CSI Level One

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Aggie

Aggie CSI Level Two

LMAO Athena! We are rather demanding, aren't we? :D

I mean, they're trying so hard... I don't know... :p

9. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Yes, he was stopping her from leaving, but you can't deny that the Bug Man felt some attraction to her. The smile at the end of Formalities indicated that. However, unlike girls, guys can have passing crushes on different women even if they're fixed on one. This is partly why men cheat more and why they "look around" even if they're with the woman they love.

I agree that the main motive of the invitation was to keep her from leaving, but there was a romantic side to the invitation as well. Clearly nothing happened, possibly because he kept it friendly after realizing how open-ended that invitation sounded. Sofia is definitely more interested than he is, and I think it's perhaps simply flattering that she likes him, but let's not kid ourselves. That's all.

But I'm not jumping the GSR ship... I was just pointing out that we can't get mad at non-GSRs for twisting our favorite GSR moments when we do a bit of twisting of our own with Sofia.

Will it amount to anything? No, I don't think so a) because, of course, he loves Sara :) b) because he flat-out said that jeopardizing his career isn't worth it (however, like the original script indicated, when you say no to someone you really want, it just gets harder to keep saying it) and c) because I firmly believe that Sofia as a "love interest" means nothing more than that she's there to ruffle feathers. Which is partly why they snuck in that "walking-in" spoiler. If she was there honestly as a love interest for Grissom long-term they would simply have said "they share a moment" rather than "Sara walks in... sparks fly".

10. grisslybear

grisslybear CSI Level Two

Grissom: They want milk? I have an idea. Back in a minute...

Sara: You can't be serious...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. FrogBag

FrogBag Hit and Run

sarahvma: Yes, there's attraction (grrrr. i hate admitting that).

But I think Gil sees it as a safety net. Something he can play with without having to worry about consequences, because he doesn't have deep feelings for her. But I think once he realizes his flirtations are upsetting Sara, he'll put an end to it.

12. hockeyjules

hockeyjules Dead on Arrival

Hiya Guys

I go away for a few days and the boards have gone wild

Glad to be back and catching up with what i have missed

13. martini

martini CSI Level One

yes why mnot the more the merrier..whoe our own GSR support group and i don't think sara sees grissom as a father figuur by the way..cause i don't flirt with my father that's ehh not my cup of tea :p :devil:but we will see what happends: assume nothing :devil:

14. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Admitting it is the first step... lol. The second is killing her and GSR reigning free and wild...

I completely agree with that sentiment - I think it's flattering that she likes him, and he thinks she's good-looking but there's nothing deeper. As for upsetting Sara... in a weird way could this maybe be a subconscious flirtation due to his jealousy over Hank a few seasons back? Maybe he feels like he's entitled to something since she was. And considering it takes the Bug Man forever to get around to something, the timing makes sense. lol.

Either way, even if Sofia saves Orphans and their kittens from a burning building, listens to my favorite music and gets all the hilarious catch-phrases, I can't like her... not purely because of GSR jealousy, but besides her simply being there to ruffle ship feathers, she's 2 dimensional in other ways as well: and she's a Mary-Su in the sense of she's the character who swoops in, flirts with the main character, and knows everything to solve all of the cases.

I don't hate her, I just... wish she would... go away.

15. greglover14

greglover14 Pathologist

Amen there! You guys there are some real haters in the "worst couples" threads. I sent a PM to forensicsgirl. They are really bashing on GSR in there. I'm sorry, but that thread is just a ship war waiting to happen. I never realized how many people hated GSR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.